Announcement

Collapse

LDS - Mormonism Guidelines

Theists only.

Look! It's a bird, no it's a plane, no it's a bicycle built for two!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the LDS - Mormons. This forum is generally for theists only, and is generaly not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theists may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Due to the sensitive nature of the LDS Temple Ceremonies to our LDS posters, we do not allow posting exact text of the temple rituals, articles describing older versions of the ceremony, or links that provide the same information. However discussion of generalities of the ceremony are not off limits. If in doubt, PM the area mod or an Admin

Non-theists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The meta-thread about the ex nihilo threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kind Debater
    replied
    I'll just keep plugging away in my original thread.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    I'm just about done with this topic. 7up does not understand middle knowledge, nor does he even try to account for it. And that is the central flaw in his thesis that ex nihilo creation does not allow for free will.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    The problem I see is that all of those points intersect each other at various places. There is no way to allow multiple people to participate in a thread without some wandering.

Here is what I suggest KD...

Start a Gym thread with you and 7up on whatever topic you want. Ask the moderator to create a comment thread for those who want to discuss the debate thread but only you and 7up can participate in the debate thread, one on one. And you and 7up cannot participate in the comment thread.

Leave a comment:

• Kind Debater
    started a topic The meta-thread about the ex nihilo threads

The meta-thread about the ex nihilo threads

Maybe those of us wanting to debate ex nihilo should just discuss how we want to go about it.

7up, you seem to be wanting a smaller number of threads to follow, and to not have to make the same argument in five different posts?

I mainly want to have a focused discussion so that I can keep up with it. 7up and Bill tend to respond to each other in these ten-foot-long posts that venture into about 462 side topics, and if I'm trying to respond to 7up in the same thread it gets unwieldy. I have to sort through pages and pages just to find the posts that were part of my discussion with 7up, and then if 7up (understandably not wanting to type the same thing over again) refers me to his post to Bill I have to sort through the ten pages of it and find the inch or so that's relevant.

I've been the lone Christian posting in an atheist forum so I can sympathize with 7up trying to answer all us non-Mormons here for the most part singlehandedly. And I know I tend to bring up side topics too, even when I'm trying hard not to. So my suggestion is that we have threads dedicated to one single, specific topic with stricter moderation about going off-topic. For instance:
    • Could God have created Adam and Eve in such a way that they wouldn't sin?
    • Bible passages for/against ex nihilo
    • Definition of free will
    • Necessary conditions for free will
    • In ex nihilo, did God create evil?
    • Is God responsible for preventing evil?

Etc.

Thoughts?
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X