Announcement

Collapse

LDS - Mormonism Guidelines

Theists only.

Look! It's a bird, no it's a plane, no it's a bicycle built for two!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the LDS - Mormons. This forum is generally for theists only, and is generaly not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theists may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Due to the sensitive nature of the LDS Temple Ceremonies to our LDS posters, we do not allow posting exact text of the temple rituals, articles describing older versions of the ceremony, or links that provide the same information. However discussion of generalities of the ceremony are not off limits. If in doubt, PM the area mod or an Admin

Non-theists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Most Inteligent People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Inteligent People

"Latter Day Saints are the most reasonable and the most inteligent of any people on the face of the whole earth."

Name the man who stated this and you get 10 Zuchini (misspelled) Bread loafs.

Notice the misspelling of intelligent above.

Originally posted by DigitalInkling View Post
    "Latter Day Saints are the most reasonable and the most inteligent of any people on the face of the whole earth."

Name the man who stated this and you get 10 Zuchini (misspelled) Bread loafs.

Notice the misspelling of intelligent above.
    Don't know, but Orson Pratt called them the most righteous on the whole earth.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Oh. Willard Richards wrote that he heard Joseph Smith say it in December 1842.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Bill the Cat,

I owe you a Zuchini Bread Loaf. I have heard that Mormon's in order to sound more vogue have taken to calling their Zucchini - Italian Squash. So maybe I should say I owe you 10 Italian Squash Bread Loafs. It was also recorded in Joseph's Journals including the misspelling. So when you say you are the most intelligent folks in the land then perhaps having a proof reader to your spelling would come in handy. I am not saying spelling has anything to do with intelligence because I really don't believe it does to be honest.

So what was interesting about the quote besides the kinda snarky spelling issue is why would Joseph think a certain people are so intelligent. I know I am speculating but what are the reasons for saying such a thing?

1. He wanted to flatter them.
        2. God gifted momrons with superior intelligence.
        3. Becoming a mormon somehow makes you more intelligent.
        4. God made non-mormons stupider so that comparably mormons are more intelligent.
        5. Not being a mormon puts you on a path of stupidity so mormons would be comparably more intelligent.
        6. In order to become a mormon you had to be intelligent.

Mmm am I missing possibilities here?

Inkling -

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.
        C. S. Lewis
        Last edited by DigitalInkling; 06-25-2014, 09:09 AM.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X