Announcement

Collapse

LDS - Mormonism Guidelines

Theists only.

Look! It's a bird, no it's a plane, no it's a bicycle built for two!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the LDS - Mormons. This forum is generally for theists only, and is generaly not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theists may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Due to the sensitive nature of the LDS Temple Ceremonies to our LDS posters, we do not allow posting exact text of the temple rituals, articles describing older versions of the ceremony, or links that provide the same information. However discussion of generalities of the ceremony are not off limits. If in doubt, PM the area mod or an Admin

Non-theists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Strike 2 Mormons I:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cerealman
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    I'm on the black list. I know the Missionary Director for this area and he confirmed that he won't send them my way because, according to him, I know more than the missionaries, and I might confuse them...
    Lucky.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    I'm on the black list. I know the Missionary Director for this area and he confirmed that he won't send them my way because, according to him, I know more than the missionaries, and I might confuse them...

Leave a comment:

• foudroyant
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Ask them in for a cup of coffee, then ask if they've ever hard of the Kinderhook plates.
    Would they also discuss "The Salamander Letter"?

Leave a comment:

• foudroyant
    replied
    Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
    One time the Jehovah's Witnesses left a flyer on our door and I was really bummed I didn't get to talk to them.
    I'm always curious to know what a conversation about God would be like between a Mormon and Jehovah's Witness.

Leave a comment:

• Cerealman
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    moving to Mormonism. Please start threads in the correct forum.
    Wasn't sure where to put it since it's me just complaining.
    Thanks though.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    moving to Mormonism. Please start threads in the correct forum.

Leave a comment:

• thewriteranon
    replied
    And Joseph Smith is a FOR REALLY Prophet, except, of course, when he says something really dumb, then he's just a guy, and you shouldn't expect him to hear from God on everything.
    Haha, I'm following that thread. Fun stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
    They just use whatever words they feel like using.
    And Joseph Smith is a FOR REALLY Prophet, except, of course, when he says something really dumb, then he's just a guy, and you shouldn't expect him to hear from God on everything.

Leave a comment:

• thewriteranon
    replied
    They just use whatever words they feel like using.

Leave a comment:

• Cerealman
    replied
    The curiouser thing is that they wear name tags that call them "Elders", when they're just KIDS!
    Yep,mormons are a strange folk.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
    Nope some are no more than 2-4 years older than me, then they try to tell me about their fellow mormons who go to my high school.
    I just don't care enough I suppose.
    I'm sorry you get the strange guys on bicycles though.
    The curiouser thing is that they wear name tags that call them "Elders", when they're just KIDS!

Leave a comment:

• Cerealman
    replied
    Maybe they think you're cute! But.... young WOMEN?!?!?! It's usually the bobbies on bicycles two by two that come see me!
    Nope some are no more than 2-4 years older than me, then they try to tell me about their fellow mormons who go to my high school.
    I just don't care enough I suppose.
    I'm sorry you get the strange guys on bicycles though.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
    It's usually young women and they try to talk sweet and manipulate me,but I just smile and nod till they go away.
    Maybe they think you're cute! But.... young WOMEN?!?!?! It's usually the bobbies on bicycles two by two that come see me!

Leave a comment:

• Cerealman
    replied
    I love talking to them.
    It's usually young women and they try to talk sweet and manipulate me,but I just smile and nod till they go away.

Leave a comment:

• Jedidiah
    replied
    Around thirty five years ago I scared of a pair of Mormons who came to my door. Have not seen any since - two different doors later. They asked something about the church being reestablished, and I responded that it had been around all the time - come inside and let's pray. They had a sudden recollection of someplace else they needed to be.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X