Announcement

Collapse

LDS - Mormonism Guidelines

Theists only.

Look! It's a bird, no it's a plane, no it's a bicycle built for two!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the LDS - Mormons. This forum is generally for theists only, and is generaly not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theists may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Due to the sensitive nature of the LDS Temple Ceremonies to our LDS posters, we do not allow posting exact text of the temple rituals, articles describing older versions of the ceremony, or links that provide the same information. However discussion of generalities of the ceremony are not off limits. If in doubt, PM the area mod or an Admin

Non-theists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Strike 2 Mormons I:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strike 2 Mormons I:

Usually on my way out to school or home I try to avoid the mormons, but once again they found/caught me and gave me the usual manipulative speech.
    I pretended it was working(INTJ powers!) and luckily my Mom saved me.
    I don't know what to do with them anymore.
    "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
    "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
    Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Ask them in for a cup of coffee, then ask if they've ever hard of the Kinderhook plates.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
      Usually on my way out to school or home I try to avoid the mormons, but once again they found/caught me and gave me the usual manipulative speech.
      I pretended it was working(INTJ powers!) and luckily my Mom saved me.
      I don't know what to do with them anymore.
      Just prove some of their theology as being wrong and against the Bible. I haven't had one visit me for years.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        Just prove some of their theology as being wrong and against the Bible. I haven't had one visit me for years.
        One time I had Mormons visit me, and were going through their questions.. "do you believe God spoke through Prophets long ago...."

At some point, I asked them what they thought about John 3:16. I paused a moment, they looked at each other, and I asked, "do you know what John 3:16 says?" The asked if they could come back with somebody else and continue the discussion. They didn't know John 3:16.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

One time the Jehovah's Witnesses left a flyer on our door and I was really bummed I didn't get to talk to them.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
          "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
          Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
            One time the Jehovah's Witnesses left a flyer on our door and I was really bummed I didn't get to talk to them.
            I love talking to them.

Comment

Around thirty five years ago I scared of a pair of Mormons who came to my door. Have not seen any since - two different doors later. They asked something about the church being reestablished, and I responded that it had been around all the time - come inside and let's pray. They had a sudden recollection of someplace else they needed to be.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                I love talking to them.
                It's usually young women and they try to talk sweet and manipulate me,but I just smile and nod till they go away.
                "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
                Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

It's usually young women and they try to talk sweet and manipulate me,but I just smile and nod till they go away.
                  Maybe they think you're cute! But.... young WOMEN?!?!?! It's usually the bobbies on bicycles two by two that come see me!

Comment

Maybe they think you're cute! But.... young WOMEN?!?!?! It's usually the bobbies on bicycles two by two that come see me!
                    Nope some are no more than 2-4 years older than me, then they try to tell me about their fellow mormons who go to my high school.
                    I just don't care enough I suppose.
                    I'm sorry you get the strange guys on bicycles though.

Comment

Nope some are no more than 2-4 years older than me, then they try to tell me about their fellow mormons who go to my high school.
                      I just don't care enough I suppose.
                      I'm sorry you get the strange guys on bicycles though.
                      The curiouser thing is that they wear name tags that call them "Elders", when they're just KIDS!

Comment

The curiouser thing is that they wear name tags that call them "Elders", when they're just KIDS!
                        Yep,mormons are a strange folk.

Comment

They just use whatever words they feel like using.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                          Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
                            They just use whatever words they feel like using.
                            And Joseph Smith is a FOR REALLY Prophet, except, of course, when he says something really dumb, then he's just a guy, and you shouldn't expect him to hear from God on everything.

Comment

And Joseph Smith is a FOR REALLY Prophet, except, of course, when he says something really dumb, then he's just a guy, and you shouldn't expect him to hear from God on everything.
                              Haha, I'm following that thread. Fun stuff.

Katniss Everdeen

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X