Announcement

Collapse

LDS - Mormonism Guidelines

Theists only.

Look! It's a bird, no it's a plane, no it's a bicycle built for two!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the LDS - Mormons. This forum is generally for theists only, and is generaly not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theists may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Due to the sensitive nature of the LDS Temple Ceremonies to our LDS posters, we do not allow posting exact text of the temple rituals, articles describing older versions of the ceremony, or links that provide the same information. However discussion of generalities of the ceremony are not off limits. If in doubt, PM the area mod or an Admin

Non-theists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

My Mormon Girlfriend is De-Evangelizing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mormon Girlfriend is De-Evangelizing!

Many years ago, when I was a young single police officer, a beautiful young blond girl stopped by the police station to ask about an accident report involving a relative of hers.

We talked, I couldn't help but think how kind and pretty she was, and she seemed in no hurry to leave the station.
    The next day she returned, ostensibly with a few more questions. I was on "dispatch" that week, so I was pretty much a captive audience.

When she left, my sergeant was needling me mercilessly, telling me that she was wanting me to ask her out.
    I really didn't believe that to be the case, but the next day, she came by the station with a plate of chocolate chip cookies to say thanks for the help.
    My sergeant was in the booking room within view of the dispatch panel, and began motioning for me to ask her out.
    I did. She suggested I come to dinner at her house and meet her family. I did.

Her dad was some biggie in the Mormon Church, and this was my very first encounter with Mormons other than some "elders" knocking on my door.
    It was a very nice dinner, very nice conversation, and the family invited me to go on a tour of some Mormon temple stuff.
    I dated her for a few weeks, but things were getting complicated, and there was obviously a push for me to explore Mormonism with her.

(In a previous post about her before the crash, I even admitted I had lust for her, and realized the relationship could easily head in the wrong direction)

I decided to stop seeing her, and she gave me a copy of the Book of Mormon with her picture in it (I'll post a pic later - the BoM is at my office)

ANYWAY --- that was 1972-ish, and I hadn't heard from her ever gain.

Until earlier this week.

She found me on Facebook, and wanted to let me know that she was trying to contact everybody she had ever introduced to Mormonism.
    She had become a Christian, and felt a burden to undo all of her 'evangelism" and let them know how badly deceived she had been.

I told her that my wife and I had been in a ministry to Mormons, and she was amazed and interested to hear more.
    After the Holidays, we have plans to get together (her and her husband, and me and my wife) to talk about the ministry to Mormons that they operate.

(She had actually "friended" me on Facebook a couple years ago but I didn't know it was her - she had a new last name, of course, because she was married, and I assumed she was somebody else I knew from that time period)

She also told me that her mom and dad had divorced - her dad continued to advance in power and influence in the Mormon Church, but her mom was feeling more and more like "property".
    (Her mom has since passed on, having become a Christian, and her dad... must be in his late 80's / early 90's stays in touch ONLY because there are grandchildren)

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    My Mormon Girlfriend is...
    I don't think even Jake can you protect you from Mrs. CP if she saw this.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I don't think even Jake can you protect you from Mrs. CP if she saw this.
      I have made absolutely sure that Mrs CP is aware of all of this.
      (She actually knew the young lady in question back in the day)
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I only engaged with Mormons once and they were completely unprepared. All I asked was why the Book of Mormon was written in Elizabethan English. Blank stares.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
          I only engaged with Mormons once and they were completely unprepared. All I asked was why the Book of Mormon was written in Elizabethan English. Blank stares.

If you really wanna see them squirm just bring up Brigham Young. Modern Mormons have been very busy throwing him under the bus.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
            When I asked that, without missing a beat they said "because it's from God!" They were already on their way out the door at that point and I couldn't press them further, but that's the most nonsensical answer they could have given.
            Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post

When I asked that, without missing a beat they said "because it's from God!" They were already on their way out the door at that point and I couldn't press them further, but that's the most nonsensical answer they could have given.
              Well, there's the "burning in the bosom" thing... my ex-girlfriend even wrote that in the front of the BoM she gave me. (I think, I'll have to get it and post a picture like I said I would)

The Lord will cause the feeling of security and truth to take hold of the individual and burn within the bosom, and there will be an overwhelming feeling that the thing is right.

Comment

Well, there's the "burning in the bosom" thing... my ex-girlfriend even wrote that in the front of the BoM she gave me. (I think, I'll have to get it and post a picture like I said I would)

The Lord will cause the feeling of security and truth to take hold of the individual and burn within the bosom, and there will be an overwhelming feeling that the thing is right.
                I get that burning in the bosom after I eat spaghetti or pizza late in the evening and go to bed full.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I get that burning in the bosom after I eat spaghetti or pizza late in the evening and go to bed full.
                  I used to get it when my pager (remember those) was on vibrate in my shirt pocket.

Comment

2022-12-09 12.29.24.jpg
                    She was "missionary dating".

Comment

2022-12-09 12.29.24.jpg
                      She was "missionary dating".
                      Moderator Notice

This area is for theists only

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                      Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Psychotherapy Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by rogue06; 12-11-2022, 12:21 PM.
                      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X