Announcement

Collapse

JW - Watchtower Society Guidelines

Theists only.

Knock, Knock!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (the Jehovah's Witnesses). This forum is generally for theists only, and is not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theist may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Regligions Department.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: [urlhttp://theologyweb.com/campus/help#theologywebfaq/theologywebdecorum]Here[/url]
See more
See less

Paul: The Worship of the Lord Jesus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
    This is awesome!

Keep asking your questions because I ain't answering 'em.

They don't belong here. Another thread should be started elsewhere.

yur still funny.
    And you are still infantile...

If you can't affirm the most elementary teachings of the wide and diverse aspects of Christianity (the things that the majority Chruch agrees on) then you can't preach your heresies let alone criticise any obscure sect such as the JWs.

Your issue is prayer and whom it is directed at...according to Jesus (numerous scriptures already cited), it is to be directed towards his Father, in the name of Jesus Christ...That is the scriptural witness...

For the 12th time...

"Questions arise: Do you ascribe to the Nicene Creed or reject it? Do you believe that before his incarnation the Son was begotten by his Father, not made, God from God? Do you believe that the Son is a distinct entity/individual from his Father? Do you believe the scripture's account that the Son was incarnated not of his own volition but was sent by his Father? Do you believe that in the end of times the Son will share his Father's throne, at the will of the Father? Do you believe, as A.Paul certainly did, that God (the Father) raised Jesus from the dead? Do you believe, as the apostles John & Paul certainly did, that all Jesus did was for the glorification of his Father (cp. Jn 17, Phil 2)"

It is obvious to all viewers, that in your cowardice and refusal to respond to such a simple Christian testimony, that in your avoidance of the most elementary beliefs of Christianity, that you reject Christianity...and instead adhere to some aberrant and heretical teaching that was rejected by the Christian church centuries ago...

Originally posted by apostoli
    and others are on your tail and will prosecute you to the nth degree..
    Oh, I am trembling.
    Well you should tremble, for in your denial of the witness of Jesus Christ (and the consensus of the majority Church), you condemn yourself...

Comment

See Post #25.

Comment

See Post #25.
        Your non-post #25 says nothing, but simply highlights your need to run away and hide from the revelation of your obvious oneness (sabellianists) heresies...

Why open a new post when the issues I have raised are on topic? Obviously in your irreligious attitude and small mindedness and social & scriptural ignorance and absolute cowardice in preaching Christ you have nothing to save let alone say. You could have used scripture in an attempt to refute the mainstream Christian opinion, but obviously you are ignorant of scripture, where it is not derived from whatever heretical pamplets you draw your ignorance from. In my perspective, I just see you as a preadolescent child, acting in an attempt to pound your breast and persecute some obscure group such as the JWs in the hope to to build your obviously deficient ego.

If you can't affirm the most elementary teachings of the wide and diverse aspects of Christianity (the things that the majority Chruch agrees on) then you can't preach your heresies let alone criticise any obscure sect such as the JWs.

Your issue is prayer and whom it is directed at...according to Jesus (numerous scriptures already cited), it is to be directed towards his Father, in the name of Jesus Christ...That is the scriptural witness...

For the nth time...

"Questions arise: Do you ascribe to the Nicene Creed or reject it? Do you believe that before his incarnation the Son was begotten by his Father, not made, God from God? Do you believe that the Son is a distinct entity/individual from his Father? Do you believe the scripture's account that the Son was incarnated not of his own volition but was sent by his Father? Do you believe that in the end of times the Son will share his Father's throne, at the will of the Father? Do you believe, as A.Paul certainly did, that God (the Father) raised Jesus from the dead? Do you believe, as the apostles John & Paul certainly did, that all Jesus did was for the glorification of his Father (cp. Jn 17, Phil 2)"

It is obvious to all viewers, that in your cowardice and refusal to respond to such a simple Christian testimony, that in your avoidance of the most elementary beliefs of Christianity, that you reject Christianity...and instead adhere to some aberrant and heretical teaching that was rejected by the Christian church centuries ago...

Comment

Originally posted by apostoli View Post
          And the Scriptural witness demonstrates that prayer can be directed to the Lord Jesus. (See Posts 1-3)

My "obvious oneness (sabellianists) heresies"?
          I believe in the Trinity.

This is what I previously wrote (See #4):
          This is what the Trinitarian would expect to find but not the Unitarian.
          http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...is-48-15-16%29

This is what I previously cited (See "a"):
          7. Keith Krell: Paul informs us that the Holy Spirit searches the very depths of the heart and mind of God. He can do this because He is God—the third member of the Trinity.
          http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...he-Holy-Spirit

Clue up.
          Last edited by foudroyant; 08-09-2014, 12:40 AM.

Comment

And the Scriptural witness demonstrates that prayer can be directed to the Lord Jesus. (See Posts 1-3)

My "obvious oneness (sabellianists) heresies"?
            I believe in the Trinity.

This is what I previously wrote (See #4):
            This is what the Trinitarian would expect to find but not the Unitarian.
            http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...is-48-15-16%29

This is what I previously cited (See "a"):
            7. Keith Krell: Paul informs us that the Holy Spirit searches the very depths of the heart and mind of God. He can do this because He is God—the third member of the Trinity.
            http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...he-Holy-Spirit

Clue up.
            Despite your lip service, it is obvious that you reject Trinitarian belief, and mainstream Christian teaching... Therefore the presumption is you belong to some hillbilly cult, or some villianious cult of your own invention...or maybe you are simply a deluded member of one of the American Pentecostal sects that hold the Father, Son & Spirit are simply modes of appearance of their one fictitious God - Trinitarianism, following the teaching of scripture, teaches that the Father, Son & Spirit are distinct identities who are in distinct and perpetual existence from each other and as Pope Benedict declared some time ago to the applause of all the Orthodox churches, the Father alone is the source and cause of the Son and the Spirit (ie: 99+% of the Christian churches are in total agreement on this aspect of the both the economy and ontology of the Tri-unity)...

If you can't affirm the most elementary teachings of the wide and diverse aspects of Christianity (the things that the majority Chruch agrees on and which Christ taught) then you can't preach your heresies let alone criticise any obscure sect such as the JWs.

For the nth time...

It is obvious to all viewers, that in your cowardice and your continuous refusal (now about 14 times) to respond to such a simple Christian testimony, that in your avoidance of the most elementary beliefs of Christianity, that you reject Christianity...and instead adhere to some aberrant and heretical teaching that was rejected by the Christian church centuries ago...
            Last edited by apostoli; 08-09-2014, 03:35 AM.

Comment

It is obvious that you reject Trinitarian belief
              You are more deranged than I thought.
              ----------------
              Prayer is also to be directed to the Lord Jesus.

Comment

1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                Scripture before Tradition:
                but that won't prevent others from
                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

You are more deranged than I thought.
                  ----------------
                  Prayer is also to be directed to the Lord Jesus.
                  For what purpose? According to scripture, for the glorification of his (Jesus') Father....For according to scripture (and Jesus) all things are now to be prayed for in the name of Jesus Christ!!!!

Given you are unable to assent to the most basic of Christian principles it is apparent you aren't, in any semblance, a Christian. Possibly, when you have a sober moment, you might inquire at your local hospital for drug and/or alcohol rehabilitation or consult an Orthodox Christian pastor/priest for education in Orthodox Christian belief...

Despite your lip service, it is obvious that you reject Trinitarian belief, and mainstream Christian teaching... Therefore the presumption is you belong to some hillbilly cult, or some villianious cult of your own invention...or maybe you are simply a deluded member of one of the American Pentecostal sects that hold the Father, Son & Spirit are simply modes of appearance of their one fictitious God (one person, three modes of existence).

Trinitarianism, following the teaching of scripture, teaches that the Father, Son & Spirit are distinct identities (three distinct persons) who are in distinct and perpetual existence from each other and as Pope Benedict declared some time ago to the applause of all the Orthodox churches, the Father alone is the source and cause of the Son and the Spirit (ie: 99+% of the Christian churches are in total agreement on this aspect of the both the economy and ontology of the Tri-unity)...

If you can't affirm the most elementary teachings of the wide and diverse aspects of Christianity (the things that the majority Chruch agrees on and which Christ taught) then you can't preach your heresies let alone criticise any obscure sect such as the JWs.

For the nth time...

It is obvious to all viewers, that in your cowardice and your continuous refusal (now about 14 times) to respond to such a simple Christian testimony, that in your avoidance of the most elementary beliefs of Christianity, that you reject Christianity...and instead adhere to some aberrant and heretical teaching that was rejected by the Christian church centuries ago....

Last edited by apostoli; 08-09-2014, 05:46 AM.

Comment

For what purpose? According to scripture, for the glorification of his (Jesus') Father
                    Yes.
                    So don't assert that He isn't to be prayed to when Scripture teaches that He was and is to be.

Comment

And the Scriptural witness demonstrates that prayer can be directed to the Lord Jesus.
                      For what purpose? According to scripture, for the glorification of his (Jesus') Father
                      Yes.
                      So don't assert that He isn't to be prayed to when Scripture teaches that He was and is to be.
                      I'd love to know where I asserted Jesus wasn't to be prayed to (?)

In an earlier post I made specific mention that we are to supplicate Jesus.... Prayer is a thanksgiving directed at the Father through the Son according to scripture. Supplication, since the resurrection of the Son, is directed at Jesus (albeit through the testimony of A.Paul, via the intervention of the Spirit - read Romans 8).

Despite your lip service, it is obvious that you reject Trinitarian belief, and mainstream Christian teaching... Therefore the presumption is you belong to some hillbilly cult, or some villianious cult of your own invention...or maybe you are simply a deluded member of one of the American Pentecostal sects that hold the Father, Son & Spirit are simply modes of appearance of their one fictitious God (one person, three modes of existence).

Trinitarianism, following the teaching of scripture, teaches that the Father, Son & Spirit are distinct identities (three distinct persons) who are in distinct and perpetual existence from each other and as Pope Benedict declared some time ago to the applause of all the Orthodox churches, the Father alone is the source and cause of the Son and the Spirit (ie: 99+% of the Christian churches are in total agreement on this aspect of the both the economy and ontology of the Tri-unity)...

For the nth time...

It is obvious to all viewers, that in your cowardice and your continuous refusal (now about 15 times) to respond to such a simple Christian testimony, that in your avoidance of the most elementary beliefs of Christianity, that you reject Christianity...and instead adhere to some aberrant and heretical teaching that was rejected by the Christian church centuries ago....

Last edited by apostoli; 08-10-2014, 02:34 AM.

Comment

In an earlier post I made specific mention that we are to supplicate Jesus.... Prayer is a thanksgiving directed at the Father through the Son according to scripture. Supplication, since the resurrection of the Son, is directed at Jesus
                        What a pathetic false dichotomy.

Comment

What a pathetic false dichotomy.
                          It is of great interest to me that you found it necessary to edit my previous post...and especially that your eject the testimony of scripture. For the benefit of our viewers I'll repeat the main point of my previous post...

In an earlier post I made specific mention that we are to supplicate Jesus.... Prayer is a thanksgiving directed at the Father through the Son according to scripture. Supplication, since the resurrection of the Son, is directed at Jesus (albeit through the testimony of A.Paul, via the intervention of the Spirit - read Romans 8).

For the nth time...your cowardise in not affirming standard (universal) Christian belief you prove yourself not a Christian. What are you? A Muslim, pretending to be a Christian? Reveal your beliefs! So far you are simply coming across as some pugnacious child who has no comprehension of standard Christianity...

It is obvious to all viewers, that in your cowardice and your continuous refusal (now about 16 times) to respond to such a simple Christian testimony, that in your avoidance of the most elementary beliefs of Christianity, that you reject Christianity...and instead adhere to some aberrant and heretical teaching....
                          Last edited by apostoli; 08-11-2014, 01:28 AM.

Comment

In an earlier post I made specific mention that we are to supplicate Jesus.... Prayer is a thanksgiving directed at the Father through the Son according to scripture. Supplication, since the resurrection of the Son, is directed at Jesus
                            It's still pathetic.
                            Nowhere are we to supplicate the Lord Jesus without it being prayer to Him.

What a demented theology of buffoonery you espouse.

Comment

It's still pathetic.
                              Nowhere are we to supplicate the Lord Jesus without it being prayer to Him.

What a demented theology of buffoonery you espouse.
                              Obviously, in your general ignorance of Christian belief, you do not know the difference between supplication and prayer...

Well grasshopper there are several billion persons in the majority and orthodox church that share my opinion!!!! What have you got? Certainly not any scriptural evidence let alone a following!!!!

By example: in the original KJV (and later versions) the word for "bread" (any subsidence) was translated "meat". Today we assume "meat" comes from animals, not vegetation. In the original (Biblical) Greek, words have a range of meanings. For instance at John 14, the word/s often translated as "see" actually mean "perceive". For how else is it that the Father was invisible to Jesus' disciples, though Jesus makes it explicit that it is obvious? (see John 12:44-45 "Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me. And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me." Or how is it that A.Paul at Col 2:9 describes Jesus as containing theotēs (the state of being God in bodily form = ὅτι ἐν αὐτῷ κατοικεῖ πᾶν τὸ πλήρωμα τῆς θεότητος σωματικῶς)?

For the nth time (is this the 17th time?)...your cowardise in not affirming standard (universal) Christian belief you prove yourself not a Christian. What are you? A Muslim, pretending to be a Christian? Reveal your beliefs! So far you are simply coming across as some pugnacious child who has no comprehension of standard Christianity...

It is obvious to all viewers, that in your cowardice and your continuous refusal (now about 17 times) to respond to such a simple Christian testimony, that in your avoidance of the most elementary beliefs of Christianity, that you reject Christianity...and instead adhere to some aberrant and heretical teaching....
                              Last edited by apostoli; 08-11-2014, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Supply a passage where the Lord Jesus can now be supplicated but it isn't prayer.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X