Announcement

Collapse

JW - Watchtower Society Guidelines

Theists only.

Knock, Knock!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (the Jehovah's Witnesses). This forum is generally for theists only, and is not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theist may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Regligions Department.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: [urlhttp://theologyweb.com/campus/help#theologywebfaq/theologywebdecorum]Here[/url]
See more
See less

Paul: The Worship of the Lord Jesus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
    I'm satisfied that if the Biblical author had wanted to say "prayed", he would have used the appropriate word. I don't hold with any story that "the author said X but he really meant Y"
    There are different ways to express a truth claim.

Comment

Originally posted by apostoli View Post
      You really do need to understand the difference between supplication and prayer...Jesus tells us he taught and does what his Father wants...
      And His Father wants us to pray to the Lord Jesus.

One more chance? I don't need any chances from you, idiot. You can't even figure out that the Lord Jesus is prayed to.

Take your stupidity elsewhere.
      Last edited by foudroyant; 08-02-2014, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
        And His Father wants us to pray to the Lord Jesus.

One more chance? I don't need any chances from you, idiot. You can't even figure out that the Lord Jesus is prayed to.

Take your stupidity elsewhere.
        Interesting! You attack the JWs but apparently deny the very basics of mainstream Christian teaching!!!!

I'll give you another chance...

Questions arise: Do you ascribe to the Nicene Creed or reject it? Do you believe that before his incarnation the Son was begotten by his Father, not made, God from God? Do you believe that the Son is a distinct entity/individual from his Father? Do you believe the scripture's account that the Son was incarnated not of his own volition but was sent by his Father? Do you believe that in the end of times the Son will share his Father's throne, at the will of the Father? Do you believe, as A.Paul certainly did, that God (the Father) raised Jesus from the dead? Do you believe, as the apostles John & Paul certainly did, that all Jesus did was for the glorification of his Father (cp. Jn 17, Phil 2)

Failure to answer such basic questions will reveal you to be the fraud you actualise...

Jesus well describes you and like at John 8:44 "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do... "

Of course Christians supplicate to Jesus, but we do so for the intervention of his Father. As Jesus puts it at John 14:13: "And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son."

Note John 3:34-35 "For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand..."
        Last edited by apostoli; 08-02-2014, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Yeah Christians are to pray to the Lord Jesus -> the point of this thread.

Comment

Yeah Christians are to pray to the Lord Jesus -> the point of this thread.
            As is typical of you, you can't differentiate between prayer and supplication...or for that matter Jesus' & the apostles' teaching concerning the direction or meaning for our prayer...

Seems you are intent on ignoring Christian teaching for around the last 20 centuries...so JWs and everyone else may as well ignore your cult's perspective and your evident ignorance (socially, scripturally and intellectually)...

If you see yourself as a Christian in some form (no matter how obviously abnormal), you should have no trouble in answering the following questions in the affirmative....failure to do so, simply reveals you to be a fraud (something you currently evidence)...but in Christian kindness I'll give you another chance...

Questions arise: Do you ascribe to the Nicene Creed or reject it? Do you believe that before his incarnation the Son was begotten by his Father, not made, God from God? Do you believe that the Son is a distinct entity/individual from his Father? Do you believe the scripture's account that the Son was incarnated not of his own volition but was sent by his Father? Do you believe that in the end of times the Son will share his Father's throne, at the will of the Father? Do you believe, as A.Paul certainly did, that God (the Father) raised Jesus from the dead? Do you believe, as the apostles John & Paul certainly did, that all Jesus did was for the glorification of his Father (cp. Jn 17, Phil 2)
            Last edited by apostoli; 08-02-2014, 10:03 PM.

Comment

See my response in Post #17 dummy.

Comment

See my response in Post #17 dummy.
                You said nothing of substance in Post #17. Just more infantile rants....You have already proved yourself to be a fruad, by not responding to a very simple set of Orthodox Christian beliefs....I am forced to understand you are a Sabellianiser, a group rejected by the Church since the 2nd century, and a group that continues to be rejected even though its ugly head arose again in the USA in the 20th century...

Apparently, you are too gutless to affirm or deny the most elementary teachings of Chistianity!!! Your reluctance evidences the imprudence of your stupidity...Once again I offer you a chance of redemption...

Failure to answer such basic questions will reveal you to be the fraud you actualise...

Jesus well describes you and like at John 8:44 "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do... "

Of course Christians supplicate to Jesus, but we do so for the intervention of his Father. As Jesus puts it at John 14:13: "And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son."

Note John 3:34-35 "For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand..."

ps: It is of great interest that you, in your post #17, considered my direct quotation of scripture and my attestment to Christinan belief for nearly 20 centuries, as a stupidity. Tells all our viewers a lot about whatever heretical cult you have attached yourself to...
                Last edited by apostoli; 08-02-2014, 11:03 PM.

Comment

yur funny

Comment

yur funny
                    And obviously you have no Christian convictions...in my observation you just want to grandize yourself from a position of biblical ignorance...

Apparently, you are too gutless to affirm or deny the most elementary teachings of Chistianity!!! Your reluctance evidences the imprudence of your stupidity...Once again I offer you a chance of redemption...

Comment

start another thread somewhere else about this topic.
                      THIS THREAD has to do with the Lord Jesus being prayed to/worshiped.

Comment

start another thread somewhere else about this topic.
                        THIS THREAD has to do with the Lord Jesus being prayed to/worshiped.
                        Indeed. Scripture tells us explicitly, without denial, that King David had himself worshiped in equivalence with God (1 Chronicles 29:20). However, as Novation about 50-70 years before Nicea, in his lengthy Treatise on the Trinity makes plain, God (the Father) made the Son, God to us!!! So of course we should supplicate the Son as he is our Lord (1 Cor 8:6), our master and owner...

It appears, in your cowardice and lack of conviction, you deny Jesus Christ, his Father and all the teachings of Orthodox Christianity!!! So whatever dribble you wish to sprout is proved by our own obscurity to be in absolute error...

Once again (for the seventh time) I ask you to affirm or deny the most basic of Christian principles...

Do you ascribe to the Nicene Creed or reject it? Do you believe that before his incarnation the Son was begotten by his Father, not made, God from God? Do you believe that the Son is a distinct entity/individual from his Father? Do you believe the scripture's account that the Son was incarnated not of his own volition but was sent by his Father? Do you believe that in the end of times the Son will share his Father's throne, at the will of the Father? Do you believe, as A.Paul certainly did, that God (the Father) raised Jesus from the dead? Do you believe, as the apostles John & Paul certainly did, that all Jesus did was for the glorification of his Father (cp. Jn 17, Phil 2)
                        Last edited by apostoli; 08-03-2014, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by apostoli
                          Indeed. Scripture tells us explicitly, without denial, that King David had himself worshiped in equivalence with God (1 Chronicles 29:20).
                          Or if that isn't considered acceptable, Zechariah 14:16 should settle any doubts.
                          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                          Scripture before Tradition:
                          but that won't prevent others from
                          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

How pathetic that you still cite 1 Chronicles 29:20 with the same old wrong interpretation of it.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...ed=1#post70847

Post #200

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                              Or if that isn't considered acceptable, Zechariah 14:16 should settle any doubts.
                              Thankyou...though Zech 14:16+17 is a bit ambiguous. Imu, "the King, YHWH of Hosts" is a reference to the one personage. However, 1 Chron 29:20 makes a distinction between personages...I'm not infallible, so if you can provide some insight it would be appreciated...
                              Last edited by apostoli; 08-04-2014, 02:32 AM.

Comment

How pathetic that you still cite 1 Chronicles 29:20 with the same old wrong interpretation of it.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...ed=1#post70847

Post #200
                                How pathetic is it that you can't affirm the Christian belief of 99% of the Churches...

For the 8th time I ask you to either affirm or deny the most basic of Christian teachings...

Do you ascribe to the Nicene Creed or reject it? Do you believe that before his incarnation the Son was begotten by his Father, not made, God from God? Do you believe that the Son is a distinct entity/individual from his Father? Do you believe the scripture's account that the Son was incarnated not of his own volition but was sent by his Father? Do you believe that in the end of times the Son will share his Father's throne, at the will of the Father? Do you believe, as A.Paul certainly did, that God (the Father) raised Jesus from the dead? Do you believe, as the apostles John & Paul certainly did, that all Jesus did was for the glorification of his Father (cp. Jn 17, Phil 2)

Your reluctance to affirm the most simple of Christian principles, now for the eighth time demonstrates you reject Christianity. The assumption therefore is that in your pretense you adhere to some hillybilly cult....

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X