Announcement

Collapse

JW - Watchtower Society Guidelines

Theists only.

Knock, Knock!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (the Jehovah's Witnesses). This forum is generally for theists only, and is not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theist may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Regligions Department.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: [urlhttp://theologyweb.com/campus/help#theologywebfaq/theologywebdecorum]Here[/url]
See more
See less

JW evangelism since COVID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JW evangelism since COVID

Since COVID started, instead of having JW's knock on my door and leave leaflets, they have been sending me handwritten letters with leaflets.

I just got another one yesterday.

Yuh. Same here. For a couple of years. We've had 4 or 5.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

they should come back to Tweb! Letters are so 19th century!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        And maybe the 20th, too!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

And maybe the 20th, too!
          [Insert joke about mossy's age here]

Comment

[Insert joke about mossy's age here]

Comment

They're back to hanging around Metro entrances with a leaflet stand around here.

I found an autobiography of someone who came out of the JW movement in Greece. I feel sad for these people.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Since COVID started, instead of having JW's knock on my door and leave leaflets, they have been sending me handwritten letters with leaflets.

I just got another one yesterday.
                Give it time. They knocked on my door last week, and handed me a leaflet.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Give it time. They knocked on my door last week, and handed me a leaflet.
                  Yes. They came here a few weeks ago, too. We don't usually answer the door, and have a No Soliciting sign up, but according to everybody who rings the doorbell they "aren't here to sell anything."

Mr. mossy answered and I just went up and said to them, "See the sign?", and closed the door.

Comment

For awhile I was picking up some outgoing mail from a JW who was regularly doing this. You could tell they were painstakingly written and not short in length. In a way, it's sad thinking about how much time they're spending writing something that almost everybody will throw away immediately without reading.

I haven't picked up anything like that from him in the last year or so.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Were they written in cursive?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Were they written in cursive?
                        Indeed they were!

Comment

Indeed they were!
                          Maybe tell him that the only folks who can still read "boomer script" are us old farts.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I live in a country area thankfully to where I don't have to interact with them.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X