Announcement

Collapse

Judaism Guidelines

Theists only.

Shalom!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the world religion of Judaism in general and also its relationship to Christianity. This forum is generally for theists only. Non-theists (eg, atheistic Jews) may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Non-theists are welcome to discuss and debate issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Hanukkah Explained By Christians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Sour Grapes?

They can help make some wine

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Um. Yeah Sparko I know. The first clue oughta been the fact that I linked to your post
    Sour Grapes?

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Too late! I beat you to the Menorasaurus Rex!!!! Neener Neener!

Um. Yeah Sparko I know. The first clue oughta been the fact that I linked to your post

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Too late! I beat you to the Menorasaurus Rex!!!! Neener Neener!

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    I am surprised Rogue didn't post this here:

The Menorasaurus Rex.

And for a couple non-dinosaurs

Leave a comment:

• Andius
    replied
    The first time I learned about Hannukah, was by watching the Lamb Chop Hannukah special. Even to this day, it's closing song still lingers in my mind. ^^

51ZTT653QCL.jpg

On the 8 Nights of Hannukah, what do we do? *Gasp*

We gather with the family!
    Give each other presents!
    Get to dance the Hora!
    Eaaattt chocolate geeeeeelltt!!!!
    Listen to the stories!
    Spin a little dreidel!
    Make potato latkis!
    Light the Shammes!
    And anoooootherrrr, caaaannddlllee, TOOOOOOO!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    I am surprised Rogue didn't post this here:

The Menorasaurus Rex.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Everything you need to know about Dreidels:

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Seriously, when I was a kid, I had a good friend (we were 6 or 7 or 8) whose parents were German Jews who had fled Hitler.

I was often invited into their home, and it was literally like going into a foreign country. I just remember a lot of "weird" things - pictures, possessions, rituals, mannerisms....

I honestly wish I had paid more attention and tried to learn and understand than just approaching it with a "this is weird" attitude.
    When Rob first found out he was Jewish (His dad was adopted as a child, so the records were sealed) and he began to embrace the rituals, I had several discussions with him about them and we came to a mutual agreement that him embracing them was not a bad thing. Plus, I learned quite a bit along the way.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Seriously, when I was a kid, I had a good friend (we were 6 or 7 or 8) whose parents were German Jews who had fled Hitler.

I was often invited into their home, and it was literally like going into a foreign country. I just remember a lot of "weird" things - pictures, possessions, rituals, mannerisms....

I honestly wish I had paid more attention and tried to learn and understand than just approaching it with a "this is weird" attitude.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

They like TOTALLY left out the book with the golden pages!

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    started a topic Hanukkah Explained By Christians

Hanukkah Explained By Christians

My Jewish best friend sent me this.

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X