Announcement

Collapse

Judaism Guidelines

Theists only.

Shalom!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the world religion of Judaism in general and also its relationship to Christianity. This forum is generally for theists only. Non-theists (eg, atheistic Jews) may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Non-theists are welcome to discuss and debate issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Hanukkah Explained By Christians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanukkah Explained By Christians

My Jewish best friend sent me this.

That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

They like TOTALLY left out the book with the golden pages!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Seriously, when I was a kid, I had a good friend (we were 6 or 7 or 8) whose parents were German Jews who had fled Hitler.

I was often invited into their home, and it was literally like going into a foreign country. I just remember a lot of "weird" things - pictures, possessions, rituals, mannerisms....

I honestly wish I had paid more attention and tried to learn and understand than just approaching it with a "this is weird" attitude.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Seriously, when I was a kid, I had a good friend (we were 6 or 7 or 8) whose parents were German Jews who had fled Hitler.

I was often invited into their home, and it was literally like going into a foreign country. I just remember a lot of "weird" things - pictures, possessions, rituals, mannerisms....

I honestly wish I had paid more attention and tried to learn and understand than just approaching it with a "this is weird" attitude.
        When Rob first found out he was Jewish (His dad was adopted as a child, so the records were sealed) and he began to embrace the rituals, I had several discussions with him about them and we came to a mutual agreement that him embracing them was not a bad thing. Plus, I learned quite a bit along the way.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Everything you need to know about Dreidels:

Comment

I am surprised Rogue didn't post this here:

The Menorasaurus Rex.

Comment

The first time I learned about Hannukah, was by watching the Lamb Chop Hannukah special. Even to this day, it's closing song still lingers in my mind. ^^

51ZTT653QCL.jpg

On the 8 Nights of Hannukah, what do we do? *Gasp*

We gather with the family!
              Give each other presents!
              Get to dance the Hora!
              Eaaattt chocolate geeeeeelltt!!!!
              Listen to the stories!
              Spin a little dreidel!
              Make potato latkis!
              Light the Shammes!
              And anoooootherrrr, caaaannddlllee, TOOOOOOO!!!!!
              Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
              As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                I am surprised Rogue didn't post this here:

The Menorasaurus Rex.

And for a couple non-dinosaurs

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Too late! I beat you to the Menorasaurus Rex!!!! Neener Neener!

Comment

Too late! I beat you to the Menorasaurus Rex!!!! Neener Neener!

Um. Yeah Sparko I know. The first clue oughta been the fact that I linked to your post

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Um. Yeah Sparko I know. The first clue oughta been the fact that I linked to your post
                      Sour Grapes?

Comment

Sour Grapes?

They can help make some wine

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X