Announcement

Collapse

Islam Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to Islam. This forum is generally for theists only, and is not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theist may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.



Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

High Speed Internet is Unethical & Immoral

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • High Speed Internet is Unethical & Immoral

    That is what Grand Ayatollah Naser Makarem Shirazi has decreed

    Source: Iranian Ayatollah: 3G internet is immoral and inhumane


    An Iranian Grand Ayatollah has said high speed internet is unethical and contrary to humanitarian principles, Iranian media sources reported on Tuesday.

    Ayatollah Makarem Shirazi, a prominent Shia scholar, made the remarks in response to a question put to him by cyber activists, via his website.

    Although Iran has the highest total number of internet users in the Middle East, its average data speed is about a tenth of the global average.

    However, Shirazi said 3G — third generation mobile communications technology — and broadband internet were morally wrong, and that there needed to be standards to prevent users from dangers such as “immoral and inhumane” videos and photos, rumors, and espionage.

    The Grand Ayatollah’s comments come after one of Iran’s largest mobile operators, Irancell, announced this month that it would test 3G services to universities and government offices, and after Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said earlier this year that Iran should upgrade its internet services.

    In addition to his conservative stance on the internet, the Grand Ayatollah, whose ancestors were Jewish converts to Shi'ite Islam, has also dubbed the Holocaust “nothing but superstition.”



    Source

    © Copyright Original Source



    I wonder if he'll be issuing a fatwa on the issue like he has forbidding women from attending soccer games in stadiums and smoking. And while the above news report is from the Jerusalem Post so some Muslims might dismiss it as biased against them, Ya Libnan (which is based in Beirut, Lebanon and founded immediately after the assassination of the Muslim Prime Minister Rafik Hariri) has also covered the story and reported essentially the same thing and it's what's on Shirazi's own website (I wonder if he uses dial up).

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

  • #2

    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot


    "Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

    My Personal Blog

    My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

    Comment


    • #3
      Suddenlink was just here and upped my download speed to 12 Mbps, and my upload speed to upteenzillion nanoquiches! I'm a heretic?
      "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Suddenlink was just here and upped my download speed to 12 Mbps, and my upload speed to upteenzillion nanoquiches! I'm a heretic?

        I'm always still in trouble again

        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

        Comment


        • #5
          I think we should sell Iran old 1200 baud modems.

          And biplanes. After all if high speed internet is a sin, then so would be jet fighters.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            EGGzackly!
            "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

              Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              EGGzackly!
              Wasn't that the exact same look Mr. Ferguson gave you after you hotwired his Ford Fairlane and drove it through his hedge and into the ditch?

              I'm always still in trouble again

              "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Wasn't that the exact same look Mr. Ferguson gave you after you hotwired his Ford Fairlane and drove it through his hedge and into the ditch?
                No, you're thinking of the time he hotwired Mr Ferguson's Ford Pinto (what was it with him and Fords, anyway?) and ran over Mr. Ferguson's foot.

                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot


                "Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

                My Personal Blog

                My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  That is what Grand Ayatollah Naser Makarem Shirazi has decreed

                  Source: Iranian Ayatollah: 3G internet is immoral and inhumane


                  An Iranian Grand Ayatollah has said high speed internet is unethical and contrary to humanitarian principles, Iranian media sources reported on Tuesday.

                  Ayatollah Makarem Shirazi, a prominent Shia scholar, made the remarks in response to a question put to him by cyber activists, via his website.

                  Although Iran has the highest total number of internet users in the Middle East, its average data speed is about a tenth of the global average.

                  However, Shirazi said 3G — third generation mobile communications technology — and broadband internet were morally wrong, and that there needed to be standards to prevent users from dangers such as “immoral and inhumane” videos and photos, rumors, and espionage.

                  The Grand Ayatollah’s comments come after one of Iran’s largest mobile operators, Irancell, announced this month that it would test 3G services to universities and government offices, and after Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said earlier this year that Iran should upgrade its internet services.

                  In addition to his conservative stance on the internet, the Grand Ayatollah, whose ancestors were Jewish converts to Shi'ite Islam, has also dubbed the Holocaust “nothing but superstition.”



                  Source

                  © Copyright Original Source



                  I wonder if he'll be issuing a fatwa on the issue like he has forbidding women from attending soccer games in stadiums and smoking. And while the above news report is from the Jerusalem Post so some Muslims might dismiss it as biased against them, Ya Libnan (which is based in Beirut, Lebanon and founded immediately after the assassination of the Muslim Prime Minister Rafik Hariri) has also covered the story and reported essentially the same thing and it's what's on Shirazi's own website (I wonder if he uses dial up).
                  In that case, I'd like to thank Verizon for its recent enforcement of morality.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

                  Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    That is what Grand Ayatollah Naser Makarem Shirazi has decreed

                    Source: Iranian Ayatollah: 3G internet is immoral and inhumane


                    An Iranian Grand Ayatollah has said high speed internet is unethical and contrary to humanitarian principles, Iranian media sources reported on Tuesday.

                    Ayatollah Makarem Shirazi, a prominent Shia scholar, made the remarks in response to a question put to him by cyber activists, via his website.

                    Although Iran has the highest total number of internet users in the Middle East, its average data speed is about a tenth of the global average.

                    However, Shirazi said 3G — third generation mobile communications technology — and broadband internet were morally wrong, and that there needed to be standards to prevent users from dangers such as “immoral and inhumane” videos and photos, rumors, and espionage.

                    The Grand Ayatollah’s comments come after one of Iran’s largest mobile operators, Irancell, announced this month that it would test 3G services to universities and government offices, and after Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said earlier this year that Iran should upgrade its internet services.

                    In addition to his conservative stance on the internet, the Grand Ayatollah, whose ancestors were Jewish converts to Shi'ite Islam, has also dubbed the Holocaust “nothing but superstition.”



                    Source

                    © Copyright Original Source



                    I wonder if he'll be issuing a fatwa on the issue like he has forbidding women from attending soccer games in stadiums and smoking. And while the above news report is from the Jerusalem Post so some Muslims might dismiss it as biased against them, Ya Libnan (which is based in Beirut, Lebanon and founded immediately after the assassination of the Muslim Prime Minister Rafik Hariri) has also covered the story and reported essentially the same thing and it's what's on Shirazi's own website (I wonder if he uses dial up).
                    Isn't he the one who said that women's existence is anti-Islamic?

                    No sorry that was Maulana Muhammad Khan Shirani
                    http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2014...-anti-islamic/
                    "If you can ever make any major religion look absolutely ludicrous, chances are you haven't understood it"
                    -Ravi Zacharias, The New Age: A foreign bird with a local walk

                    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                    1 Corinthians 16:13

                    "...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                    -Ben Witherington III

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                      Isn't he the one who said that women's existence is anti-Islamic?

                      No sorry that was Maulana Muhammad Khan Shirani
                      http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2014...-anti-islamic/

                      I'm anti-islamic!!

                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot


                      "Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

                      My Personal Blog

                      My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                        I'm anti-islamic!!
                        wow the irony of:

                        "it’s us Muslims who have paved the way for true, Sharia compliant feminism,” the official said.

                        The CII meeting also advised the government that to protect Islam women’s right to breathe should also be taken away from them. “Whether a woman is allowed to breathe or not be left up to her husband or male guardian, and no woman under any circumstance whatsoever should be allowed to decide whether she can breathe or not,” Shirani said."*



                        Teal, please send me $1000 per month and I will decide to allow you to be able to breathe. I am generous that way.



                        *too bad the site is satire though.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Now you know why I wouldn't marry you.

                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot


                          "Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

                          My Personal Blog

                          My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            Now you know why I wouldn't marry you.
                            OK you can stop breathing now.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                              Now you know why I wouldn't marry you.
                              THAT'S the reason?

                              I'm always still in trouble again

                              "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by rogue06, 11-13-2020, 09:15 AM
                              44 responses
                              266 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post siam
                              by siam
                               
                              Started by Christian3, 10-25-2020, 07:17 AM
                              8 responses
                              67 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Trucker
                              by Trucker
                               
                              Started by Trucker, 10-23-2020, 11:09 AM
                              51 responses
                              350 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Trucker
                              by Trucker
                               
                              Started by JohnnyP, 01-23-2014, 04:30 PM
                              5 responses
                              7,409 views
                              1 like
                              Last Post Dan Zebiri  
                              Working...
                              X