Announcement

Collapse

Islam Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to Islam. This forum is generally for theists only, and is not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theist may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Islam: Allah has no son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan Zebiri View Post
    "ALLAH" used by middle eastern and Arab Christians is a total non-issue altogether, siam.

Because Allah is only a generic / general name for God in Christianity that is NOT his personal name. It's a compound word from al-ilah meaning just "the God" or the one, true and living God.

BUT, the concepts BEHIND the term/word ALLAH is starkly different for the Christians and muslims.

For starters the Lord Jesus specifically instructed His disciples and companions to call God/Allah as "Our Heavenly FATHER" In Matthew chapter 6 verses 8 - 10..

Islam and the koran expressly forbids people or muslims to address God as "Father / our Father" by any means! Per sura 112/3 - "he begets none..." etc

So, there may be same or similar terms, that does NOT mean the doctrines and teachings behind the term / word "Allah" are the same by any means in the Gospel and the Koran.

The Allah of islam and the koran IS ignorant and spews nonsensical falsehoods, BUT the God/Allah of the Bible and the Gospel DOES NOT.

As clear as day!

The Allah of the Quran is YAHWEH, as revealed to the patriarchs Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The fact the Arabs or Muslims in general don't identify Allah as YAHWEH, doesn't disqualify them as Abrahamic monotheists and members of the same spiritual heritage as the Israelites. Muslims in general, are actually closer to YAHWEH Aloah/Alohim, than most Christians, who have adulterated their religion with neo-platonic philosophy and paganism. The Muslims worship the AL/ALOAH of Abraham, and they love and respect the prophets, including Yehoshua/Joshua/Jesus, who they call "Issa".

If Jesus is indeed the second Adam, as Christians claim, then that's the end of it. His martyrdom on a Roman cross and his resurrection, saves all of humanity from the grave. If by the failure of the first Adam, all of humanity was consigned to death in the grave, then by the success of the second Adam, all of humanity is spared from death. It's that simple. You and I didn't need to have faith in the first Adam or even know he existed, to experience the negative effects of his failure, likewise, all of humanity will experience the benefits of the cross and resurrection of the second Adam, by rising from the dead. You and I will be judged, not on what religious dogmas we confess but on how we behave as human beings. Our deeds, the way we walked according to our God given conscience, will determine our position, after the resurrection. Muslims who love Aloah/Allah, the AL of Abraham, and live as devout Muslims, being good, responsible human beings, will enter paradise. It's the lawless, protestant Evangelicals, with their spiritual bullying and triumphalism, throwing everyone under the bus, who doesn't confess their religious philosophy, that are in a much worse position before God, than Muslims.

YAHWEH will judge humanity, based on the information they had available to them and how they behaved (deeds, works, not mere confessions of belief or religious dogma). Their actions are more important than their theology.

Comment

• Originally posted by YHWH RULES View Post
      If Jesus is indeed the second Adam, as Christians claim, then that's the end of it. His martyrdom on a Roman cross and his resurrection, saves all of humanity from the grave.
      You almost got it right but not quite. In short, Salvation [Eternal Life!] is a free gift to anyone ..... WHO WILL ACCEPT IT THROUGH JESUS THE MESSIAH. Belief in Him ... Jesus, Who He was and is, and total faith in HIM and total reliance on Him and what He did on the cross is the condition Yahweh establishes in order for one to be granted that gift.

Islam denies the Jesus of the Scriptures, His death on the Cross His resurrection His Deity, and so on and on and on. You can't have faith in and reliance on a God man that you believe never existed. Islam claims the ability to set limits on what the God who spoke and what is became can or cannot be or do. How arrogant can man be????

You have an industrial strength problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trucker View Post
        You almost got it right but not quite. In short, Salvation [Eternal Life!] is a free gift to anyone ..... WHO WILL ACCEPT IT THROUGH JESUS THE MESSIAH. Belief in Him ... Jesus, Who He was and is, and total faith in HIM and total reliance on Him and what He did on the cross is the condition Yahweh establishes in order for one to be granted that gift.

Islam denies the Jesus of the Scriptures, His death on the Cross His resurrection His Deity, and so on and on and on. You can't have faith in and reliance on a God man that you believe never existed. Islam claims the ability to set limits on what the God who spoke and what is became can or cannot be or do. How arrogant can man be????

You have an industrial strength problem.

YHWH's conditions for human righteousness and eternal life in His kingdom, do not require accepting Christianity or its religious dogmas. Christian soteriology and theology in general, is less congruent with the Hebrew Bible, than the Islamic faith and its Quran. The ancient faith of Israel, as taught by the prophets in the Hebrew Bible, is the true religion, not Christianity or the teachings of Paul your apostle.

Comment

• Allah/Father/YHWH

Muslim tradition has a concept of the "99 names" (Asma-ul-husna) of God. This implies that regardless of what names humanity gives Allah/God, God is One and only One. All creation worships the same/only One God.
          Further, God is not like his creation---he/it does not have a gender therefore is neither male nor female, nor both male and female.
          Judaism has a tradition that the "name" of God is to remain unspoken. This is because God/Allah is not a tribal God but a universal God. The creator of all creation, including all humanity.
          In Both Judaism and Islam, one of the attributes/"names" of God is Rechem (Hebrew)/Rahim (Arabic) = womb, mercy. This does not mean that "God" is female---it only points to how all of creation is surrounded and protected by God's mercy.

(a Christian interpretation of God's mercy)
          http://augustinecollective.org/mercy-of-the-womb/

Comment

The Allah of the Quran is YAHWEH, as revealed to the patriarchs Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The fact the Arabs or Muslims in general don't identify Allah as YAHWEH, doesn't disqualify them as Abrahamic monotheists and members of the same spiritual heritage as the Israelites. Muslims in general, are actually closer to YAHWEH Aloah/Alohim, than most Christians, who have adulterated their religion with neo-platonic philosophy and paganism. The Muslims worship the AL/ALOAH of Abraham, and they love and respect the prophets, including Yehoshua/Joshua/Jesus, who they call "Issa".

If Jesus is indeed the second Adam, as Christians claim, then that's the end of it. His martyrdom on a Roman cross and his resurrection, saves all of humanity from the grave. If by the failure of the first Adam, all of humanity was consigned to death in the grave, then by the success of the second Adam, all of humanity is spared from death. It's that simple. You and I didn't need to have faith in the first Adam or even know he existed, to experience the negative effects of his failure, likewise, all of humanity will experience the benefits of the cross and resurrection of the second Adam, by rising from the dead. You and I will be judged, not on what religious dogmas we confess but on how we behave as human beings. Our deeds, the way we walked according to our God given conscience, will determine our position, after the resurrection. Muslims who love Aloah/Allah, the AL of Abraham, and live as devout Muslims, being good, responsible human beings, will enter paradise. It's the lawless, protestant Evangelicals, with their spiritual bullying and triumphalism, throwing everyone under the bus, who doesn't confess their religious philosophy, that are in a much worse position before God, than Muslims.

YAHWEH will judge humanity, based on the information they had available to them and how they behaved (deeds, works, not mere confessions of belief or religious dogma). Their actions are more important than their theology.
            How would you determine if Allah and Yahweh are the same God?

Do your think Muhammad was a prophet sent by Yahweh?

Islam teaches that the Qur'an superseds all previous scriptures so if you think Allah is Yahweh then why aren't you a Muslim?

Comment

• Originally posted by siam View Post
              Allah/Father/YHWH

Muslim tradition has a concept of the "99 names" (Asma-ul-husna) of God. This implies that regardless of what names humanity gives Allah/God, God is One and only One. All creation worships the same/only One God.
              Further, God is not like his creation---he/it does not have a gender therefore is neither male nor female, nor both male and female.
              Judaism has a tradition that the "name" of God is to remain unspoken. This is because God/Allah is not a tribal God but a universal God. The creator of all creation, including all humanity.
              In Both Judaism and Islam, one of the attributes/"names" of God is Rechem (Hebrew)/Rahim (Arabic) = womb, mercy. This does not mean that "God" is female---it only points to how all of creation is surrounded and protected by God's mercy.

(a Christian interpretation of God's mercy)
              http://augustinecollective.org/mercy-of-the-womb/

Yes indeed, Islam is definitely more inline with the ancient faith of Israel and its patriarchs, than Christianity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
                How would you determine if Allah and Yahweh are the same God?

Do your think Muhammad was a prophet sent by Yahweh?

Islam teaches that the Qur'an superseds all previous scriptures so if you think Allah is Yahweh then why aren't you a Muslim?

Correct, and if you notice I stated that the true faith is that of Israel's / the Jewish people's. I'll rather go to the Hebrew source, in spite of whatever supposed "errors" might exist in the text (assuming there are any). Why follow an upstart religion, and not go to the source and earliest expression of that spiritual path and tradition/way/discipline? I can see and recognize the virtues, merits and beauty of both Christianity and Islam, without agreeing with every element and component of its belief system. Both traditions have their strengths and weaknesses, just like rabbinic Judaism likewise has its strengths and weaknesses, but as a thinking, hopefully rational being, I need to weigh those strong and weak points and allow my God given conscience to determine which path I'm going to take through this mortal life. Which route I'm going to climb up this mountain, set before me. I choose the faith of Israel, as written and expressed in the Hebrew Bible.

Why do I consider Muslims, my brothers and sisters in the faith, more so than Christians? Because they're strict monotheists who worship the Aloah, the Alohim of my father, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. They are the sons of Ishmael, who took the faith of his father to the Arabian peninsula, thousands of years before the birth of Muhammad. Muhammad might have very well been a prophet of YAHWEH ALOAH, but as an Israelite, I follow the covenant YHWH made with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The Quran does not prohibit a Jew or any Israelite to keep their unique covenant. Some Muslims might disagree and claim Jews have to stop keeping the Sabbath, Pesach, Yom Kippur..etc, but I've found that this is a minority. Even the ones that believe the Hebrews no longer have a unique covenant to keep with Allah/Aloah, take this position out of ignorance. Once it is shown to them that the Quran doesn't prohibit the children of Israel from keeping their Torah and Sharia, they adopt the correct view. That has been my personal experience, interacting with Muslims.

The problems that Muslims and Jews have now with each other, are mostly political, not religious. Religiously, spiritually, Israelites and Muslims, the children of Isaac and Ishmael, are very similar, as far as our spirituality and beliefs. We indeed worship the same deity. Unfortunately, its the Christians who have departed off the Abrahamic path, by mixing, adulterating the way of Abraham, with neo-platonic, paganistic ideas that completely contradict what is taught in the Hebrew Bible. However the truth can be found in the Christian "NT" as well, provided it is read with knowledge of the Hebrew Bible and the history of the NT text itself. The original teaching and way of the prophet Joshua/"Jesus", is found mostly in the synoptic gospels (Matthew, Mark and Luke), expressed through the words of Joshua himself. That which is in concordance with the Hebrew Israelite faith, is most likely what Joshua actually taught. On the other hand, that which is more in line with Plato, Greek mysticism and philosophy, is more likely coming from a non-Hebraic, Gentile source, post 70ad. It's not from the original wellspring, which is Hebraic, Jewish, Israelite, but rather from the Greek or Latin, from Athens or Rome (or from Tarsus). The closer Christians move towards Jerusalem, the closer they will be to the original Joshua/"Jesus", and what he actually taught his Jewish disciples.

The notion that a sacred, divinely inspired text has to be absolutely perfect, "infallible" and "inerrant" as Christians (and Muslims) often assert, is simply wrong. Everything that has come to us from heaven, has to be filtered through an imperfect, fallible, errant, human medium. The conduit through which we receive divine truth, is flawed, hence we must seek divine truth, not just in books, but within that God given conscience and mind. We must be led by that divine light and spark, within us, not just paper and ink. If you only rely on paper and ink, to guide you, you're going to fall into idolatry and error. The Muslims call the inner witness and guidance of God, what Christians refer to as being "led by the spirit", as "Fitra". That is the divine intuitive, innate knowledge, and guidance, which every human being possesses, hence we have no excuse on the day of judgment as to why we chose the path we did. We have a conscience and a mind.

If I go to my neighbor and ask him to recommend me a place where I can buy some fruit trees for my backyard garden, and he hands me a piece of paper with an address that says:

" Balaam's Tree's, at 333 SW 6th Street, off I95 exit 36, in front of the Horse Saddle Saloon "

I'll take that address and go get me some fruit trees. I'll hop into my 77 Ford Pinto, and I'll drive to Balaam's Trees, following the instructions on that piece of paper. However, once I get to that address, I find that Balaam sells plastic, artificial, indoor trees for offices and restaurants..etc. Plastic dead trees. The address was correct, it was "infallible", "inerrant", it took me to Balaam's trees, but Balaam is selling plastic, dead trees. What am I going to do with plastic, dead trees? Nothing. Worthless. So I call my wife and explain to her what happened and she tells me, "wait a minute, I'm going to call my friend Susan and see if she knows where you can get us some fruit trees, she's an avid gardener and her yard is full of fruit trees". So I wait a few minutes and my wife calls me back, and gives me an address. I write it down:

" Mount Sinai Fruit Trees, at 774 NW 77th Ave, in front of the General Lee Supermarket "

So I go to that address, and the address is wrong. Mount Sinai Fruit trees is not at 774 NW 77th Ave, in front of General Lees, it's at 777 NW 77th Ave, in front of the Farmer's Market. There's no general lee (sorry general, you're not there), and it's not 774, it's 777. 4 isn't 7, that's wrong, it's 7; "777". The address isn't infallible, it's not "inerrant" and perfect. Do I care? Should I care? NO. In spite of the address not being absolutely perfect, it still took me to where I wanted to go. I found the living fruit trees, that yield living fruit, not a bunch of plastic dead trees. Which scenario and option do you prefer, having an infallible, inerrant written text with an address that takes you to plastic, dead trees, or a fallible, errant, imperfect address that nonetheless, takes you to the living fruit trees, the place where you want to go? The answer to that question is obvious, right?

So this idea that the Hebrew Bible (or the Christian "NT" for that matter), has to be absolutely perfect, and infallible, in order to be divinely inspired, is simply wrong. The Bible has enough information, to take me to where I need to go, it doesn't have to be perfect. More, I don't just have a written text to guide me, I have that divine conscience and a rational mind, that is able to help me find and appreciate the truth. It took a bit of research and probing to find Mount Sinai Fruit Trees, but I found it, just a couple of blocks away from the fallible, imperfect address my wife gave me.

I choose to follow the path of he Hebrews, in Jerusalem. I have no desire to go to Rome or Athens to find the God of Abraham. If I had to choose between Rome and Mecca, I would go to Mecca. Better to go to Arabia, the land where the Torah was revealed, than to go to Rome or Athens. I will remain in Jerusalem.
                Last edited by YHWH RULES; 05-11-2020, 08:07 AM.

Comment

If I had to choose between Rome and Mecca, I would go to Mecca. Better to go to Arabia, the land where the Torah was revealed, than to go to Rome or Athens.
                  Revealed?

Or invented?

Comment

YHWH's conditions for human righteousness and eternal life in His kingdom, do not require accepting Christianity or its religious dogmas. Christian soteriology and theology in general, is less congruent with the Hebrew Bible, than the Islamic faith and its Quran.
                    No doubt hat must be the reason the Jews ridiculed Muhammad and Muhammad had to eliminate the Jews from Yathrib.

Comment

Revealed?

Or invented?
                      You completely ignored everything I wrote. You just waved your hand and it all disappeared for you. One can say the exact same thing about your "NT" and one might even go further and ask the same question about the Hebrew Bible as well. That line of inquiry can be taken as far as you want it to go, until you reject all sacred texts and become an atheist or a theist without a scripture. I choose that which came first, the most ancient witness and path of the Abrahamic faith, namely, the Hebrew Bible. When I compare the Quran with the NT, I find the Quran is, in general, more in agreement with the Hebrew Bible, than the NT is.The faith of Muslims, "Islam", is more inline with my Israelite beliefs, than Christianity is. Christianity, as interpreted and defined by Christendom, is much more incongruent with the Hebrew faith and Torah, than Islam is.
                      That's why according to the Torah and the rabbis that interpret and teach it, Jews are permitted to enter a mosque and pray. We can sit down and eat with Muslims. They're not idolaters, unlike the Christians, who have twisted the faith of Israel, to the point that you're no longer in Jerusalem, you're in Rome or Tarsus. You've decided to depart from the Abrahamic faith, and adopt concepts that are completely alien to the Hebraic spiritual path.
                      Last edited by YHWH RULES; 05-11-2020, 08:36 AM.

Comment

No doubt hat must be the reason the Jews ridiculed Muhammad and Muhammad had to eliminate the Jews from Yathrib.
                        Assuming that actually occurred, that doesn't discredit or undermine anything I've said. Christians have also slaughtered, murdered, plenty of Jews, so does that by default render Christianity wrong theologically? You need to begin thinking rationally. There's plenty of antisemitism in Christian history and even now, yet I doubt you would reject Christian theology on those grounds, right? Learn to think.

Comment

Assuming that actually occurred, that doesn't discredit or undermine anything I've said. Christians have also slaughtered, murdered, plenty of Jews, so does that by default render Christianity wrong theologically? You need to begin thinking rationally. There's plenty of antisemitism in Christian history and even now, yet I doubt you would reject Christian theology on those grounds, right? Learn to think.
                          Concentrate on what Jesus taught, not what some Christians did.

Comment

Correct, and if you notice I stated that the true faith is that of Israel's / the Jewish people's. I'll rather go to the Hebrew source, in spite of whatever supposed "errors" might exist in the text (assuming there are any). Why follow an upstart religion, and not go to the source and earliest expression of that spiritual path and tradition/way/discipline? I can see and recognize the virtues, merits and beauty of both Christianity and Islam, without agreeing with every element and component of its belief system. Both traditions have their strengths and weaknesses, just like rabbinic Judaism likewise has its strengths and weaknesses, but as a thinking, hopefully rational being, I need to weigh those strong and weak points and allow my God given conscience to determine which path I'm going to take through this mortal life. Which route I'm going to climb up this mountain, set before me. I choose the faith of Israel, as written and expressed in the Hebrew Bible.

Why do I consider Muslims, my brothers and sisters in the faith, more so than Christians? Because they're strict monotheists who worship the Aloah, the Alohim of my father, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. They are the sons of Ishmael, who took the faith of his father to the Arabian peninsula, thousands of years before the birth of Muhammad. Muhammad might have very well been a prophet of YAHWEH ALOAH, but as an Israelite, I follow the covenant YHWH made with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The Quran does not prohibit a Jew or any Israelite to keep their unique covenant. Some Muslims might disagree and claim Jews have to stop keeping the Sabbath, Pesach, Yom Kippur..etc, but I've found that this is a minority. Even the ones that believe the Hebrews no longer have a unique covenant to keep with Allah/Aloah, take this position out of ignorance. Once it is shown to them that the Quran doesn't prohibit the children of Israel from keeping their Torah and Sharia, they adopt the correct view. That has been my personal experience, interacting with Muslims.

The problems that Muslims and Jews have now with each other, are mostly political, not religious. Religiously, spiritually, Israelites and Muslims, the children of Isaac and Ishmael, are very similar, as far as our spirituality and beliefs. We indeed worship the same deity. Unfortunately, its the Christians who have departed off the Abrahamic path, by mixing, adulterating the way of Abraham, with neo-platonic, paganistic ideas that completely contradict what is taught in the Hebrew Bible. However the truth can be found in the Christian "NT" as well, provided it is read with knowledge of the Hebrew Bible and the history of the NT text itself. The original teaching and way of the prophet Joshua/"Jesus", is found mostly in the synoptic gospels (Matthew, Mark and Luke), expressed through the words of Joshua himself. That which is in concordance with the Hebrew Israelite faith, is most likely what Joshua actually taught. On the other hand, that which is more in line with Plato, Greek mysticism and philosophy, is more likely coming from a non-Hebraic, Gentile source, post 70ad. It's not from the original wellspring, which is Hebraic, Jewish, Israelite, but rather from the Greek or Latin, from Athens or Rome (or from Tarsus). The closer Christians move towards Jerusalem, the closer they will be to the original Joshua/"Jesus", and what he actually taught his Jewish disciples.

The notion that a sacred, divinely inspired text has to be absolutely perfect, "infallible" and "inerrant" as Christians (and Muslims) often assert, is simply wrong. Everything that has come to us from heaven, has to be filtered through an imperfect, fallible, errant, human medium. The conduit through which we receive divine truth, is flawed, hence we must seek divine truth, not just in books, but within that God given conscience and mind. We must be led by that divine light and spark, within us, not just paper and ink. If you only rely on paper and ink, to guide you, you're going to fall into idolatry and error. The Muslims call the inner witness and guidance of God, what Christians refer to as being "led by the spirit", as "Fitra". That is the divine intuitive, innate knowledge, and guidance, which every human being possesses, hence we have no excuse on the day of judgment as to why we chose the path we did. We have a conscience and a mind.

If I go to my neighbor and ask him to recommend me a place where I can buy some fruit trees for my backyard garden, and he hands me a piece of paper with an address that says:

" Balaam's Tree's, at 333 SW 6th Street, off I95 exit 36, in front of the Horse Saddle Saloon "

I'll take that address and go get me some fruit trees. I'll hop into my 77 Ford Pinto, and I'll drive to Balaam's Trees, following the instructions on that piece of paper. However, once I get to that address, I find that Balaam sells plastic, artificial, indoor trees for offices and restaurants..etc. Plastic dead trees. The address was correct, it was "infallible", "inerrant", it took me to Balaam's trees, but Balaam is selling plastic, dead trees. What am I going to do with plastic, dead trees? Nothing. Worthless. So I call my wife and explain to her what happened and she tells me, "wait a minute, I'm going to call my friend Susan and see if she knows where you can get us some fruit trees, she's an avid gardener and her yard is full of fruit trees". So I wait a few minutes and my wife calls me back, and gives me an address. I write it down:

" Mount Sinai Fruit Trees, at 774 NW 77th Ave, in front of the General Lee Supermarket "

So I go to that address, and the address is wrong. Mount Sinai Fruit trees is not at 774 NW 77th Ave, in front of General Lees, it's at 777 NW 77th Ave, in front of the Farmer's Market. There's no general lee (sorry general, you're not there), and it's not 774, it's 777. 4 isn't 7, that's wrong, it's 7; "777". The address isn't infallible, it's not "inerrant" and perfect. Do I care? Should I care? NO. In spite of the address not being absolutely perfect, it still took me to where I wanted to go. I found the living fruit trees, that yield living fruit, not a bunch of plastic dead trees. Which scenario and option do you prefer, having an infallible, inerrant written text with an address that takes you to plastic, dead trees, or a fallible, errant, imperfect address that nonetheless, takes you to the living fruit trees, the place where you want to go? The answer to that question is obvious, right?

So this idea that the Hebrew Bible (or the Christian "NT" for that matter), has to be absolutely perfect, and infallible, in order to be divinely inspired, is simply wrong. The Bible has enough information, to take me to where I need to go, it doesn't have to be perfect. More, I don't just have a written text to guide me, I have that divine conscience and a rational mind, that is able to help me find and appreciate the truth. It took a bit of research and probing to find Mount Sinai Fruit Trees, but I found it, just a couple of blocks away from the fallible, imperfect address my wife gave me.

I choose to follow the path of he Hebrews, in Jerusalem. I have no desire to go to Rome or Athens to find the God of Abraham. If I had to choose between Rome and Mecca, I would go to Mecca. Better to go to Arabia, the land where the Torah was revealed, than to go to Rome or Athens. I will remain in Jerusalem.
                            False gods are also called eloah.

I would look at the differences between Islam and Judaism. All religions have something in common.

For instance, Islam teaches that Jesus is the Messiah; Judaism does not.

I would also take a look at the founder of Islam, Muhammad.

Was Muhammad a prophet foretold by the God of Israel? Muslims say he is in the following Scriptures.

Genesis 49:10 Shiloh is Mohammad?

Deuteronomy 18:18, Muslims claim Muhammad is the prophet like Moses.

Deuteronomy 33:2 The claim that Muhammad is prophesied in Deuteronomy 33:2 / With ten thousand saints?

Song of Songs 5:16

Isaiah 21:13-17 Muhammad's flight to Medina?

Isaiah 29:12 A prediction of an illiterate prophet?

Haggai 2:7 A prophecy of Muhammad?

Habakkuk 3:3 The one coming from Mt. Paran

Zechariah 9:9 Riding on a donkey - a prophecy of Umar and the victory of Islam?

I also see many mistakes in the Qur'an that an all-knowing God would not make.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Trucker View Post
                              Revealed?

Or invented
                              ?
                              You completely ignored everything I wrote. You just waved your hand and it all disappeared for you.
                              Actually I asked you a couple very relevant question which you then chose to bloviate around.instead of providing a direct answer.

Typical.

Comment

• Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
                                Concentrate on what Jesus taught, not what some Christians did.
                                I'm well aware of that, you missed the point. Trucker is trying to discredit Islam on the bases that Muslims killed Jews, but I can just as well turn the table and use that exact argument against Christianity. He obviously, didn't consider the implications of such an argument. As far as what Joshua taught (whatever is left of it in the gospels), I focus on his words, in the earlier synoptic gospels, not the words written by others later. I also read the words attributed to Joshua, in light of the Hebrew Bible.
                                Last edited by YHWH RULES; 05-11-2020, 09:54 AM.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X