Announcement

Collapse

Islam Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to Islam. This forum is generally for theists only, and is not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theist may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Origin of hijab in Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

So the old story ---- a guy robbed a jewelry store in the mall, and ordered the customers to empty their pockets, and get undressed - totally naked - and he would allow them to leave the store unharmed.
    All of the customers ran out of the store covering, as best they could, their private parts, except one man who covered his face.

When asked why he didn't cover his private parts, he replied, "Well, I don't know about here, but where I come from, one is recognized by their face, not their private regions".

The replies write themselves.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      The other day, someone on a friend's Facebook made a startling claim - that the origin of the hijab is that one of Mohammed's wives was recognized defecating outside, and the hijab was instituted to prevent a recurrence. I did some searching, which was somewhat uncomfortable with the search times, and mainly found a viral Reddit thread with thousands of upvotes (but without hard evidence, and that site's users are more than happy to upvote anything that criticizes religion). Is anyone aware of any hard evidence for or against this claim?
      This one sounds rather made up, or at the very least different Hadith have been conflated with each other. Mohammed had some rather strange things to say about bathroom habits*, women, and there was supposedly a scandal involving Aisha and a man at one point.

*Like detailing the correct amount of stones to use when wiping your butt. I am so glad I didn't live in that era and location.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

The replies write themselves.
        It is so hard not make certain comments for that one.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X