Announcement

Collapse

Islam Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to Islam. This forum is generally for theists only, and is not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theist may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

My Friend, the Missionary to the Muslims - and the "Visions"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Siam, the Quran command the "People of the Book" to do certain things, the most important is to judge Islam by the revelation given to us. That's what I've done, and that's what led me to the conclusion that Islam is false. The theological[1], moral[2], and historical[3] errors are just "icing on the cake" as far as showing Islam to be a false religion.

Qur’an 5:47—Let the people of the Gospel judge by what Allah hath revealed therein. If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (no better than) those who rebel.

Qur’an 5:68—Say: “O People of the Book! Ye have no ground to stand upon unless ye stand fast by the Law, the Gospel, and all the revelation that has come to you from your Lord.”

Qur’an 7:157—Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (Scriptures)—in the Law and the Gospel— . . . it is they who will prosper.

1. Allah as the greatest deceiver, he even deceives his followers. Allah being unloving of unbelievers etc.

Qur'an 3:54—And they (the unbelievers) planned to deceive, and Allah planned to deceive (the unbelievers), and Allah is the best of deceivers.

Qur'an 7:99—Are they then safe from Allah's deception? No one feels safe from Allah's deception except those that shall perish.

2. Raping captives of war, beating of wives, etc. References given in prior posts.

3. The idea that Jesus didn't die on the cross, that Alexander the great(Dul Qarnain), was a Muslim, Abraham building the Kaaba etc.

Comment

What is Islam?
      You have your opinions about Islam and others have theirs...
      for example---a leading Western (Non Muslim) scholar ---A. Neuwirth says---

[question---What parallels are there between the Koran and the religious scriptures of the Jews and the Christians? What exactly is it that makes the Koran stand out or what new aspect did the Koran bring?]
      Neuwirth: The Koran must have brought something new; after all, it came into the world so many hundreds of years after the last and previous holy scripture – about 500 years after the New Testament. On the one hand, I would say that it is its insistence that knowledge is an immensely important part of human life and of human religious life too. This is not, for example, important in the New Testament. The New Testament focuses on other things; as does the Torah, the Old Testament, in other words the Hebrew Bible.
      The focus on knowledge is undoubtedly something new that was not there before. This is linked to its genesis in Late Antiquity, a time when people were simply willing to give priority to knowledge. What's more, another novelty is that the universalisation of the message, a message that is now sent to all people, plays a major role in the Koran.

Nor is there much understanding in the Koran for the Jewish view that the Jews are God's chosen people. The Koranic voice rejects an election such as this; instead, humans as a whole take the place of the chosen few. It also rejects the election of the Christians, who put themselves in the place of the Jews. There are no chosen ones; there is just humankind as a whole, humans who follow certain models, but who cannot appeal to any privileges as the chosen people; neither in the way the Jews invoke Abraham or the Christians Christ. Such invocations do not help when one is standing before God; instead, everyone is responsible for himself or herself and has to account for his or her actions.
      [question---In other words, everyone can build up his or her own personal relationship to God without the need for any kind of intermediary in between?]
      Neuwirth: Yes, you could put it like that, although the Koran itself is, to a certain extent, a kind of intermediary, a medium that makes it easier to reach this state. By fulfilling one's ritual obligations – above all by praying – and reciting the Koran, a door is opened to the believer that is not open to others. This is, however, a ritual verbal door, but not a privilege that is granted to one person or is based on a procedure or a figure of salvation.
      https://en.qantara.de/content/interv...-is-an-age-old

Comment

Surah 5, verse 47, and the verses previous to and subsequent to this verse give some context. These verses are talking about the "law" (ethico-moral principles) and explains that communities have been given their own laws as a test (tolerance, compassion, mercy, justice) and we must compete with each other to be the best with what we have been given and in matters of (ethical/moral) differences, God will be the eventual Judge. The Quran argues for what is called Legal Pluralism (...and since religion/Deen is a "way of life"---of Pluralistic systems that give choice rather than mono-culture or single legal systems imposed forcibly on everyone.)

Comment

I'm going to insist we get back on topic - it's about the visions/dreams.

Thanks
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I'm going to insist we get back on topic - it's about the visions/dreams.

Thanks
            Last edited by Cerebrum123; 11-11-2016, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
              It just gives him free reign to post nonsense.

Thanks, Brum.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I am probably not the best person to talk about dreams...apparently I am a Lucid Dreamer---someone who can control dreams.
                http://www.huffingtonpost.com/van-wi...b_7663492.html
                In my case, all dreams except nightmares are lucid dreams. It has always been this way. This makes it difficult for me to see dreams as somehow magical...

The Bible and the Quran share some stories...among them is the story of Prophet Abraham who had a dream---but one that God did not want obeyed?....
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binding_of_Isaac

some Jewish views :-
                The majority of Jewish religious commentators argue that God was testing Abraham to see if he would actually kill his own son, as a test of his loyalty. However, a number of Jewish Biblical commentators from the medieval era, and many in the modern era, read the text in another way.[citation needed]

The early rabbinic midrash Genesis Rabbah imagines God as saying "I never considered telling Abraham to slaughter Isaac (using the Hebrew root letters for "slaughter", not "sacrifice")".[this quote needs a citation] Rabbi Yona Ibn Janach (Spain, 11th century) wrote that God demanded only a symbolic sacrifice.[citation needed] Rabbi Yosef Ibn Caspi (Spain, early 14th century) wrote that Abraham's "imagination" led him astray, making him believe that he had been commanded to sacrifice his son.[citation needed] Ibn Caspi writes "How could God command such a revolting thing?"[this quote needs a citation] However, according to Joseph Hertz, Chief Rabbi of the British Empire, child sacrifice was actually "rife among the Semitic peoples" and suggests that "in that age, it was astounding that Abraham's God should have interposed to prevent the sacrifice, not that He should have asked for it."[this quote needs a citation] Hertz interprets the Akedah as demonstrating to the Jews that human sacrifice is abhorrent

Comment

Originally posted by siam View Post
                  I am probably not the best person to talk about dreams..
                  Wow, what a taqiyya-ish way to skirt the OP's request.

I'll be a little more clear --- this thread is for the discussion of modern day dreams being had by Christians (or Muslims) concerning conversion.

Is that clear enough, Siam?

Comment

Wow, what a taqiyya-ish way to skirt the OP's request.

I'll be a little more clear --- this thread is for the discussion of modern day dreams being had by Christians (or Muslims) concerning conversion.

Is that clear enough, Siam?
                    Given his responses to my posts did you really expect any better?

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                      Given his responses to my posts did you really expect any better?
                      In which posts did he actually respond to anything you said?

Comment

In which posts did he actually respond to anything you said?
                        Exactly my point.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X