Announcement

Collapse

Comparative Religions 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Comp Religions, this is where the sights and sounds of the many world religions come together in a big World's Fair type atmosphere, without those delicious funnel cakes.

World Religions is a theist only type place, but that does not exclude certain religionists who practice non-theistic faiths ala Buddhism. If you are not sure, ask a moderator.

This is not a place where we argue the existence / non-existence of God.

And as usual, the forum rules apply.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

What is and isn't a religion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinoy View Post
    is this a start of a religion?

Atheist 'mega-churches' take root across US, world

LOS ANGELES (AP) — It looked like a typical Sunday morning at any mega-church. Several hundred people, including families with small children, packed in for more than an hour of rousing music, an inspirational talk and some quiet reflection. The only thing missing was God.

http://news.yahoo.com/atheist-mega-c...214619648.html
    They've even had a schism!

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
      They've even had a schism!

So many potential historical in-jokes, I don't know where to start.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
      "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
      Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
        So many potential historical in-jokes, I don't know where to start.
        No joke we could make has as much humor or irony as the group (now groups) in question have unconsciously given themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Outis View Post
          No joke we could make has as much humor or irony as the group (now groups) in question have unconsciously given themselves.
          Amen to that.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
          "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
          Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinoy View Post
            is this a start of a religion?

Atheist 'mega-churches' take root across US, world

LOS ANGELES (AP) — It looked like a typical Sunday morning at any mega-church. Several hundred people, including families with small children, packed in for more than an hour of rousing music, an inspirational talk and some quiet reflection. The only thing missing was God.

http://news.yahoo.com/atheist-mega-c...214619648.html
            I do not think this is new nor the first atheist institution. American Atheists formed in 1963.
            Last edited by shunyadragon; 02-21-2014, 07:34 PM.
            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X