Announcement

Collapse

Comparative Religions 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Comp Religions, this is where the sights and sounds of the many world religions come together in a big World's Fair type atmosphere, without those delicious funnel cakes.

World Religions is a theist only type place, but that does not exclude certain religionists who practice non-theistic faiths ala Buddhism. If you are not sure, ask a moderator.

This is not a place where we argue the existence / non-existence of God.

And as usual, the forum rules apply.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Qur'an, the Bible and Islam.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
    There is only one God -- YHWH -- who both Jews and Christians call Father.

The Father is the same God of the Old and New Testaments. The Father revealed Himself as a tri-unity in nature. There are hints of it in the Old Testament.
    Therefore I can assume that for Christians God is a Trinity and One God actually means One Godhead? would this be correct?
    Is this a personal preference or would it apply to Christianities in General?

Comment

The Trinity means One God in three persons. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

NOT three Gods but three persons IN one Godhead.

This is not a 'personal preference' per se.

Originally posted by siam View Post
      Therefore I can assume that for Christians God is a Trinity and One God actually means One Godhead? would this be correct?

Comment

Christianity has many claimants. There are hundreds of Christian sects, most of which hold to the Trinity [explanation] interpretation of the Godhead.
        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
          Christianity has many claimants. There are hundreds of Christian sects, most of which hold to the Trinity [explanation] interpretation of the Godhead.
          When the Nicene creed refers to the "One God" ---what is meant is One Godhead? would this be correct?
          Would this also be a correct assumption for all of the NT that refers to God?

The creed
          We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.

Comment

Since this track is ALSO on the Quran - and hence its reliability or OTHERWISE. It is interesting to review its 'preservation' as many Muslims have recently done.

You may selectively just subscribe to what lulls you into a stupor of intellectual complacency about the koran's 'validity' and/or
            'preservation'.

There are others - equally intelligent & THINKING - CRITICAL thinking Muslims, I might add, who taught just like you siam, but that was in the past. The realisation of their naivete caught up with them and their eyes are now fully opened about the koran and its authenticity.

Their expose is on YouTube:

1. Yasir Qadhi, Mohd Hijab are reviewed by Abdullah Sameer, WHY did orthodox islam scholar & sheikh Dr.Yasir Qadhi expose and admit that the standard narrative of the Koran and Islam has many "holes in them?" - that the Koran is NOT preserved and the Qiraat, ahruf (variants and versions) expose & confirm the doubtful transmission and unreliability of the Koran -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_8Zv1sB4Aw

2. Knowledgeable muslims quarrel, disagree and mutually condemn one another about the Koran's preservation (this puts paid to the "unity of the ummah claim) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnZw...ature=youtu.be

3. Abdullah Gondal and Abdullah Sameer discuss in open forum the admissions of multiple variants and versions of Koran readings by Yasir Qadhi and Mohd Hijab's disappointments with sheikh Qadhi's scholarly findings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2wSMm_gblE

The Muslim world - like M. Hijab himself, has something embarassing and shameful to hide about the Koran's validity and preservation.

Time to wake up from your sleep, Siam.

I am here on this board only for my personal benefit. (I have explained this before somewhere in these threads...but will clarify again)
            I pick and choose. I answer what interests me....and real engagement (even disagreement) on the content of my replies is appreciated---but not assumptions/claims on my character or intent, or misrepresentations of my replies.
            I am not interested in converting anybody. If there is a serious enough interest in Islam to the point of considering conversion---I would recommend they go to a proper teacher/scholar and learn about the obligations of a Muslim before making a decision.
            I am not interested in converting to Christianity. My beliefs, as they are, satisfy me intellectually and spiritually.

Apologetics is interesting but it can devolve into a copy/paste exchange with Christian apologetic questions and Muslim apologetic answers from the net. This essentially means proxy questions and answers with no real intellectual engagement. I find that tedious.

Comment

Advice from Dr.Yasir Qadhi to muslims

Let's examine some reasons why Islamic and Quran scholar Dr. Yasir Qadhi tells Muslims to "NEVER do a DEEP DIVE" into a critical study of the preservation of the Koran.

Unless, they want to see Islam shattered and its orthodox foundations destroyed! Never do Quranic manuscript studies and source criticism - there's just too many holes in them.

Proving the validity of Koranic preservation & therefore its reliability? -

https://youtu.be/6tTk7F1gXkU

A myth, buried..R.I.P. -

https://youtu.be/lH6M-iLVcKM

Any surprise why even orthodox Imams are leaving islam today in the face of the facts?

HARDLY 😃😁👍

Originally posted by Dan Zebiri View Post
              The Trinity means One God in three persons. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

NOT three Gods but three persons IN one Godhead.

This is not a 'personal preference' per se.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X