Announcement

Collapse

Comparative Religions 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Comp Religions, this is where the sights and sounds of the many world religions come together in a big World's Fair type atmosphere, without those delicious funnel cakes.

World Religions is a theist only type place, but that does not exclude certain religionists who practice non-theistic faiths ala Buddhism. If you are not sure, ask a moderator.

This is not a place where we argue the existence / non-existence of God.

And as usual, the forum rules apply.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Baha'i faith, slavery and progressive revelation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post

You just proved my point, evolution is not 'natural' - Despite the forms of humanity through evolution the intent of evolution was always humanity.

The evolutionary process does not intend anything, but God does. And that is not SCIENCE.
    I proved nothing of the sort. There is no proof in our beliefs, which are as a matter of fact subjective, but the facts of evolution are based on the objective evidence of science. Methodological Naturalism is based on the objective verifiable 'natural' physical evidence, and in harmony with the religious beliefs of the Baha'i Faith that God Created the Natural Laws and natural processes. The nature of out physical existence is indeed natural as Created by God.

It is unfortunate that your world view is crippled by your biased agenda and rejection of science as it describes our natural existence.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

I proved nothing of the sort. There is no proof in our beliefs, which are as a matter of fact subjective, but the facts of evolution are based on the objective evidence of science. Methodological Naturalism is based on the objective verifiable 'natural' physical evidence, and in harmony with the religious beliefs of the Baha'i Faith that God Created the Natural Laws and natural processes. The nature of out physical existence is indeed natural as Created by God.
      No, if God created it and had intention for humanity, then that is not natural. If nature was created for a purpose then that purpose is not natural, because nature has no intention or purpose in and of itself. For instance does science agree that God created nature? That there is an intention regarding humanity in nature? Is that what science assumes?

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

No, if God created it and had intention for humanity, then that is not natural. If nature was created for a purpose then that purpose is not natural, because nature has no intention or purpose in and of itself. For instance does science agree that God created nature? That there is an intention regarding humanity in nature? Is that what science assumes?
        Your nit picking frog hairs on terminology. Our physical existence is a product of Natural Laws and natural processes that is reflected in the knowledge of science. There is nothing in the definition of'Nature' ot 'natural' that negates that out physical existence and the Laws of Nature. are ultimately Created by God.

Again . . .
        It is unfortunate that your world view is crippled by your biased agenda and rejection of science as it describes our natural existence.
        Last edited by shunyadragon; 03-28-2023, 01:30 PM.
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Your nit picking frog hairs on terminology. Our physical existence is a product of Natural Laws and natural processes that is reflected in the knowledge of science. There is nothing in the definition of'Nature' ot 'natural' that negates that out physical existence and the Laws of Nature. are ultimately Created by God.

Again . . .
          I'm not nit picking anything. If God created the process and has intentions for humanity then that is NOT nature, and that is not SCIENCE.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I'm not nit picking anything. If God created the process and has intentions for humanity then that is NOT nature, and that is not SCIENCE.

Again . . .

Frank

Comment

Again . . .
              It is not only that God created the universe Homer - He also supernaturally created the human intellect. And that has nothing to do with the processes of nature. And it is the intellect which decides what is moral or not and which codifies laws.

Comment

It is not only that God created the universe Homer - He also supernaturally created the human intellect. And that has nothing to do with the processes of nature. And it is the intellect which decides what is moral or not and which codifies laws.

Again . . .

Frank

Comment

Again . . .
                  Shuny, was the human intellect supernaturally created by God or was it the result of natural processes?

Comment

Shuny, was the human intellect supernaturally created by God or was it the result of natural processes?
                    Human intellect was naturally Created by God through natural processes.

Frank

Comment

Human intellect was naturally Created by God through natural processes.
                      Not according to your religion, it was a direct act of the Holy Spirit (The power of the Holy Spirit, enlightening man’s intelligence, Likewise the Holy Spirit is the very cause of the life of man; without the Holy Spirit he would have no intellect).

And if the evolutionary process was enough to produce human ethics why did God send Divine Manifestations and their moral revelations?
                      Last edited by seer; 03-29-2023, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Not according to your religion, it was a direct act of the Holy Spirit (The power of the Holy Spirit, enlightening man’s intelligence, Likewise the Holy Spirit is the very cause of the life of man; without the Holy Spirit he would have no intellect).

And if the evolutionary process was enough to produce human ethics why did God send Divine Manifestations and their moral revelations?
                        As cited the process is God Created the Laws of Nature and as cited humans evolved.

You selective biased use of references based on a anti-science religious agenda is getting tiring. End of dialogue..

Frank

Comment

As cited the process is God Created the Laws of Nature and as cited humans evolved.

You selective biased use of references based on a anti-science religious agenda is getting tiring. End of dialogue..
                          You are certainly done!

https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...79#post1469479

Comment

Responded to that repeatedly. Read my responses. Your statements are false according to the beliefs of the Baha'i Faith.

Frank

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X