Announcement

Collapse

Comparative Religions 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Comp Religions, this is where the sights and sounds of the many world religions come together in a big World's Fair type atmosphere, without those delicious funnel cakes.

World Religions is a theist only type place, but that does not exclude certain religionists who practice non-theistic faiths ala Buddhism. If you are not sure, ask a moderator.

This is not a place where we argue the existence / non-existence of God.

And as usual, the forum rules apply.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

IF Bahai was in charge of the laws of our land...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

It wasn't so obvious to the Jews of the first century. There were a number of competing concepts about the messiah during the Second Temple Period, the most commonly supported among them being that there was not one but two people fulfilling the role: a priestly messiah and a royal messiah. The advent of one messiah on two separate occasions wasn't among the concepts promoted among the Jews during that period, but it is promoted by the NT.
    This is a major issue that divides Christianity and makes the fulfillment of prophesy problematic. The prophesies are clear and specific and something went wrong,

Nonetheless a world government ruled by Christ is clear and specific one way or another, and the goal Christian Nationalism.

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      Nothing obscure about what I have cited.
      You seem to be the only one ratted by this, Frank.

Need not be immanent or otherwise.
      Good, because it's not only 'not immanent', it's almost entirely impossible.

I made no such claim, but many Christians have claimed it will be imminent for over 2000 years and nothing has happened..
      You've made a thread about it, so obviously it's something about which you are concerned. And, yes... nothing has happened, and nothing will.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You seem to be the only one ratted by this, Frank.

Good, because it's not only 'not immanent', it's almost entirely impossible.

You've made a thread about it, so obviously it's something about which you are concerned. And, yes... nothing has happened, and nothing will.
        Impossible, soooo . . . the prophecies of the Bible are impossible!

I made no such claim, but many Christians have claimed it will be imminent for over 2000 years and nothing has happened..
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Impossible, soooo . . . the prophecies of the Bible are impossible!
          The prophesies of the Bible are true and reliable, but often misquoted and misunderstood by persons who are subject to their own confirmation bias.

Frank, just because "many Christians" have claimed something doesn't mean it's true. People have actually assembled on tops of mountains awaiting the return of Christ because they misinterpreted the prophesies, of followed bad advice.

You are obsessing over bad information.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The prophesies of the Bible are true and reliable, but often misquoted and misunderstood by persons who are subject to their own confirmation bias.

Frank, just because "many Christians" have claimed something doesn't mean it's true. People have actually assembled on tops of mountains awaiting the return of Christ because they misinterpreted the prophesies, of followed bad advice.

You are obsessing over bad information.
            Not bad information at all. It is a fact that based on prophesy and the Bible text many Christians believe that Christ or Christians in the name of Christ will rule the world. If you want to make the accusation of 'bad' information discuss this with the many Christians who believe this.

You and other Christians are the ones obsessing about hypothetically what Baha'is may do if they rule the world. As far as I know the Baha'is do not believe this, based on the writings, that non-Baha'is would ever be subjected to obey Baha'i laws at any time in the future.
            Last edited by shunyadragon; 12-27-2022, 10:56 AM.

Frank

Comment

Not bad information at all. It is a fact that based on prophesy and the Bible text many Christians believe that Christ or Christians in the name of Christ will rule the world. If you want to make the accusation of 'bad' information discuss this with the many Christians who believe this.

You and other Christians are the ones obsessing about hypothetically what Baha'is may do if they rule the world. As far as I know the Baha'is do not believe this, based on the writings, that non-Baha'is would ever be subjected to obey Baha'i laws at any time in the future.
              You are so full of crap it's not even funny.

Feel free to respond with one of your typical bird-brained goofy comments. In fact, go ahead and add bolding and underlining italics for effect!

Comment

You are so full of crap it's not even funny.

Feel free to respond with one of your typical bird-brained goofy comments. In fact, go ahead and add bolding and underlining italics for effect!

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

So you are saying if Baha'i did control a county's government, that they would not make any laws for anyone who wasn't Baha'i? That the rest of the citizens could just do whatever they wanted? Rob banks, speed down the road, commit murder, etc?
                  Baha'[s would not use the County Government to impose Baha'i Laws. The Local Spiritual Assembly or House of Justice would apply Baha'i Laws and principles to Baha'is only. Secular Laws of the government would remain in place.

Frank

Comment

feel better?

Comment

feel better?
                      No. Just following your request since you did not respond.

Frank

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X