Announcement

Collapse

Philosophy 201 Guidelines

Cogito ergo sum

Here in the Philosophy forum we will talk about all the "why" questions. We'll have conversations about the way in which philosophy and theology and religion interact with each other. Metaphysics, ontology, origins, truth? They're all fair game so jump right in and have some fun! But remember...play nice!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Utilitarianism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    Yet if you still decided to do what you felt right to you in any given situation what would follow?
    Not sure I even understand this question.
    Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
      Not sure I even understand this question.
      Read it again.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Read it again.
        Still don't. Expound.

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

Yet if you still decided to do what you felt right to you in any given situation what would follow?
          Your decision would either be right or wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Your decision would either be right or wrong.
            I don't always know what is right and wrong, and I don't think all moral issues are objective, some are, some aren't. So I'm not understanding what you're asking.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
              I don't always know what is right and wrong, and I don't think all moral issues are objective, some are, some aren't. So I'm not understanding what you're asking.
              I was repyling to seer's question, in so far as I could make sense of it. I think he was asking how does one know if a particular moral decision he/she makes is the morally right or wrong decision. I agree with you in that we don't always know what is the best thing to do in the interests of all concerned in any given situation.

Comment