Announcement

Collapse

Philosophy 201 Guidelines

Cogito ergo sum

Here in the Philosophy forum we will talk about all the "why" questions. We'll have conversations about the way in which philosophy and theology and religion interact with each other. Metaphysics, ontology, origins, truth? They're all fair game so jump right in and have some fun! But remember...play nice!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

What are the philosophical questions/issues that interest you the most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MaxVel
    replied
    I'm interested in:

philosophy of Mind / Mind-Body problem / dualism et al

modern takes on Thomistic metaphysics

the Nature and Existence of God

Epistemology

Leave a comment:

• Carrikature
    replied
    At the moment I'm vaguely interested in political philosophy and philosophy of law. I'm generally interested in philosophy of language and its interactions with absolutely everything. Teasing out intricacies of moral philosophy is also fun.

Leave a comment:

• shunyadragon
    replied
    My main issues and interests involve how philosophy is used. At present philosophy and logic are primarily used to justify one world view or one belief system or another. I prefer a skeptical form of logic and dialogue where ALL beliefs are challenged including my own. I call this a 'skeptical advocacy' perspective of philosophy and logic.

I consider the logical arguments for the existence of a Source some call God(s) futile and meaningless.
    The Philosophy of the problem of the nature of a Source some call God(s) IF such a source exists is more meaningful.
    The philosophy of science, logic (How is it applied?), and science involve meaningful problems and questions.

Important questions: (1) What is the universal? (2) What is Revelation? (3) What is necessary? (4) What is human will?
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 02-03-2014, 06:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GioD
    replied
    Existence of God/philosophy of religion in general
    Political philosophy
    Philosophy of science
    Intellectual history and its relationship with political and scientific and religious thought
    Philosophy if mathematics and logic

Leave a comment:

• Quantum Weirdness
    replied
    Originally posted by Theistic-Student View Post
    Just for fun, list the top 5 issues that interest you the most philosophically.
    My favorite issues are:
    The Existence and Nature of God
    The Mind-Body Problem
    Ethics

Aesthetics

Yes, I'm trying to get more experience points, but also want to get a feel for who post regularly on this section of the forum :)
    Bolded ones

Leave a comment:

• What are the philosophical questions/issues that interest you the most?

Just for fun, list the top 5 issues that interest you the most philosophically.
    My favorite issues are:
    The Existence and Nature of God
    The Mind-Body Problem
    Ethics
    Aesthetics

Yes, I'm trying to get more experience points, but also want to get a feel for who post regularly on this section of the forum :)