Announcement

Collapse

Philosophy 201 Guidelines

Cogito ergo sum

Here in the Philosophy forum we will talk about all the "why" questions. We'll have conversations about the way in which philosophy and theology and religion interact with each other. Metaphysics, ontology, origins, truth? They're all fair game so jump right in and have some fun! But remember...play nice!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Infinity and Kalam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Your making a claim without evidence. Again . . . Stoic's posts are informative on this issue.
    I just quoted Vilenkin “All the evidence we have says that the universe had a beginning.”

In other words there is no evidence for an eternal physical past. I know your religion requires that, but you have zero evidence.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

I just quoted Vilenkin “All the evidence we have says that the universe had a beginning.”

In other words there is no evidence for an eternal physical past. I know your religion requires that, but you have zero evidence.
      Just quoting Vilenkin does not represent evidence, and he also proposes a multiverse where universes form in a Quantum Vacuum based on Quantum Mechanics.

Again . . . please present the evidence that supports your claim. I only support the 'possibility' of an eternal infinite physical existence. Vilenkin does not make the claim that our physical existence is finite and has a beginning.

My religion is a different issue concerning my belief, and is not the issue here. I do not make the extreme claim as you without evidence.

You have failed to address the issue that other cosmologists disagree with Vilenkin and Guth.
      Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-25-2021, 01:01 PM.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

Dude, stop arguing with this moron, honestly. I have an idea. Just do what I do and see if he goes away already, lol.
        Many and painful are the researches sometimes necessary to be made, for settling points of [this] kind. Pertness and ignorance may ask a question in three lines, which it will cost learning and ingenuity thirty pages to answer. When this is done, the same question shall be triumphantly asked again the next year, as if nothing had ever been written upon the subject.
        George Horne

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Just quoting Vilenkin does not represent evidence, and he also proposes a multiverse where universes form in a Quantum Vacuum based on Quantum Mechanics.

Again . . . please present the evidence that supports your claim. I only support the 'possibility' of an eternal infinite physical existence. Vilenkin does not make the claim that our physical existence is finite and has a beginning.

My religion is a different issue concerning my belief, and is not the issue here. I do not make the extreme claim as you without evidence.

You have failed to address the issue that other cosmologists disagree with Vilenkin and Guth.
          None of this evidence of your claim. Until you present evidence, you can take a hike.

Wow, the Shunya school of argumentation is fun!

You have failed to address all the issues everyone has brought ever about anything.
          Last edited by mattbballman31; Yesterday, 07:58 PM.
          Many and painful are the researches sometimes necessary to be made, for settling points of [this] kind. Pertness and ignorance may ask a question in three lines, which it will cost learning and ingenuity thirty pages to answer. When this is done, the same question shall be triumphantly asked again the next year, as if nothing had ever been written upon the subject.
          George Horne

Comment

• You can use the Shunya school of argumentation to pretty much do anything. It's awesome!

Hey, Einstein! What's up! You hear that the predictions of SR were vindicated by a solar eclipse?

Shunya: Vindicated?? None of this is evidence of your claim, matt! Or, physical existence, something something.
            George Horne

Comment