Announcement

Collapse

Philosophy 201 Guidelines

Cogito ergo sum

Here in the Philosophy forum we will talk about all the "why" questions. We'll have conversations about the way in which philosophy and theology and religion interact with each other. Metaphysics, ontology, origins, truth? They're all fair game so jump right in and have some fun! But remember...play nice!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The OA: General Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
    This is precisely why in OAs God is defined as 'the maximally great being' or somesuch.
    The Lord of the Bible might not be that being; I mean, we would need another argument that the Lord of the Bible is indeed the maximally great One.
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
      The Lord of the Bible might not be that being; I mean, we would need another argument that the Lord of the Bible is indeed the maximally great One.
      Quite so. This is pretty much my issue with the KCA and OA. Even if granted, there are a lot more dots that need to be connected.
      I'm not here anymore.

Comment