Announcement

Collapse

Philosophy 201 Guidelines

Cogito ergo sum

Here in the Philosophy forum we will talk about all the "why" questions. We'll have conversations about the way in which philosophy and theology and religion interact with each other. Metaphysics, ontology, origins, truth? They're all fair game so jump right in and have some fun! But remember...play nice!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Strange Nature Of Dreams...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    But like we discussed in the past, the evolutionary process does not care if we survive, it does not aim for our survival, there is no goal for our survival.
    Odd anthropomorphic statement 'evolutionary process does not care,' and of course, the evolutionary processes are not based on an anthropomorphic caring concern. The science of evolution is in part based on the survival of those best suited for an environment, and a changing environment.

Your response did not address Tassman's post, because it did not address the science.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

I think what we see and experience, or even think about during the day becomes the seeds of our dreams.

Last night I was watching "Legion" and their was a cool scene of a cloudscape flowing like a wave over a city. I thought it looked cool.

Then last night I had a dream in which part of it was me standing outside taking pictures and I saw an awesome sky that looked like Van Gogh's Starry Night and started taking photos of it.

Comment

But like we discussed in the past, the evolutionary process does not care if we survive, it does not aim for our survival, there is no goal for our survival.
        Survival has nothing to do with caring. It's instinctive for all living creatures to try and survive.

You have not addressed the point that it is during our formative years we become who we are at the subconscious level. Our decision-making is to a large extent a process handled by our subconscious mental activity.

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        I think what we see and experience, or even think about during the day becomes the seeds of our dreams.
        ...yes, and enters our subconscious
        Last edited by Tassman; 06-26-2018, 02:33 AM.
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Comment

Yeah, so what is deciding to create these various scenarios, what decides what you will dream and when?
            I take care of that for you.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
              I take care of that for you.
              Then do a better job!
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Interestingly dreams which many would call a nightmare I see as an adventure.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Interestingly dreams which many would call a nightmare I see as an adventure.
                  Like a naked Michael Moore chasing you?
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Like a naked Michael Moore chasing you?
                    An opportunity to test my skill with a Claymore

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

An opportunity to test my skill with a Claymore
                      Why is micheal moore chasing you?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                        Rogue has some really strange dreams, doesn't he!

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                          It appears that seer is projecting his dreams onto others.

Comment

It appears that seer is projecting his dreams onto others.
                            Don't try to clean it up!

Comment

Don't try to clean it up!
                              Why? You want it to remain "pure" and unsullied as you imagined it?

Comment

Why? You want it to remain "pure" and unsullied as you imagined it?
                                Touche!

Comment