Announcement

Collapse

Philosophy 201 Guidelines

Cogito ergo sum

Here in the Philosophy forum we will talk about all the "why" questions. We'll have conversations about the way in which philosophy and theology and religion interact with each other. Metaphysics, ontology, origins, truth? They're all fair game so jump right in and have some fun! But remember...play nice!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Chaos. Cosmos. Eros. Thanatos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heero Yuy View Post
    Per New Thought, yes. Mind is also what is meant in Genesis, when God created the Heavens and the Earth. New Thought would state that mind created everything in your life, but that may be farther than Zhuang would take it.

Heaven may also be understood as The Way, The Dao. In fact, the translation of The Gospel of John into Chinese begans with: In the beganning was the Dao, if I am not mistaken.
    Dao or Tao is a different meaning and character and meaning then God. Tao - 陶, God - 上帝 -Shang De. God is ultimate one who Creates. Tao is simple the ultimate nature of (one?) who exists of unknowable nature.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 04-30-2014, 01:55 PM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment