Announcement

Collapse

Philosophy 201 Guidelines

Cogito ergo sum

Here in the Philosophy forum we will talk about all the "why" questions. We'll have conversations about the way in which philosophy and theology and religion interact with each other. Metaphysics, ontology, origins, truth? They're all fair game so jump right in and have some fun! But remember...play nice!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Society in a Godless World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Markus River View Post

If only we could ask them, eh. You know, the christians who, to the greater glory of your god, perpetrated those crimes against humanity.
    Really, crimes against humanity? Sound and fury signifying nothing...

No, but, depending on where you live, the practicalities of enjoying those rights may well be.
    You mean rights largely formulated in the Christian West?

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Really, crimes against humanity?
      Curiously, genocide is often described as such.

You mean rights largely formulated in the Christian West?
      A happenstance of geography.

When inventing a god, it is imperative to claim that it's; invisible, inaudible and imperceptible in every way. Otherwise - when it appears to no one, is silent and does nothing - intelligent people are liable to become sceptical.
      - Anonymous

When asked why Omniscient and Omnipotent God, chose to burn alive the children of two Middle Eastern cities, came the reply;
      “His hands were tied.” - DaveTheApologist

Comment

Originally posted by Markus River View Post

Curiously, genocide is often described as such.
        I always find it interesting when atheists seem to get up set when the human animal does what animals do. It's all perfectly natural...

A happenstance of geography.
        So you moral sense is merely a result of happenstance?

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I always find it interesting when atheists seem to get up set when the human animal does what animals do. It's all perfectly natural...
          I do not see atheists 'getting upset,' over the 'objective verifiable evidence' that fallible human behavior both good and bad is perfectly natural Nature is as it is, and perfectly natural. A 'cause' beyond this is a Theological/philosophical question with no objective verifiable evidence.

Beyond science there are many, diverse and conflicting beliefs as to the 'cause'

So you moral sense is merely a result of happenstance?
          The scientific and the philosophical naturalist view is that nothing comes about by 'happenstance (an odd anthropomorphic view?)'

Civilization, morals, and ethics are explainable as natural evolution of the evolution of a social intelligent omnivore.

As stated in a previous post: The 'Society in a Godless world' would be the same as the 'Society in a world with God.' Even though I believe in God there is no objective verifiable evidence God exists, therefore objective evidence would demonstrate our physical existence and our human society is as it it is regardless of whether God exists or not.

In fact many of those that believe in God in history have abused out world and humanity as if it is [unnatural] Godless [world].
          Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-22-2021, 08:31 AM.
          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

I do not see atheists 'getting upset,' over the 'objective verifiable evidence' that fallible human behavior both good and bad is perfectly natural Nature is as it is, and perfectly natural. A 'cause' beyond this is a Theological/philosophical question with no objective verifiable evidence.

Beyond science there are many, diverse and conflicting beliefs as to the 'cause'

The scientific and the philosophical naturalist view is that nothing comes about by 'happenstance (an odd anthropomorphic view?)'

Civilization, morals, and ethics are explainable as natural evolution of the evolution of a social intelligent omnivore.

As stated in a previous post: The 'Society in a Godless world' would be the same as the 'Society in a world with God.' Even though I believe in God there is no objective verifiable evidence God exists, therefore objective evidence would demonstrate our physical existence and our human society is as it it is regardless of whether God exists or not.

In fact many of those that believe in God in history have abused out world and humanity as if it is [unnatural] Godless [world].
            Are you stalking me?

Comment

Are you stalking me?
              Yes. Get used to it.
              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Yes. Get used to it.
                I'm so blessed!

Comment