Announcement

Collapse

Philosophy 201 Guidelines

Cogito ergo sum

Here in the Philosophy forum we will talk about all the "why" questions. We'll have conversations about the way in which philosophy and theology and religion interact with each other. Metaphysics, ontology, origins, truth? They're all fair game so jump right in and have some fun! But remember...play nice!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

"absolute free speech"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Ah, so that's how you see it.

When you make a fairly simple statement you aren't going someone else's homework

When someone else makes a fairly simple statement they're over-simplified and lacking in specifics

Then again nobody has ever said you were consistent.
    I responded to your comments. You appear unable to respond to mine apart from making various puerile schoolboy posts.

If you want a detailed exchange make your case with appropriate citations.
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Oops - Not sure where I got "Mongolia" from - I did mean Manchuria.

If I remember rightly, Manchuria fell in double quick time: the Russians invaded at midnight, by mid-afternoon the writing was on the wall.
      And FWIU, one of Japan's biggest concerns about Russia entering the war was that if they started seizing their northern islands that they wouldn't get them back if they surrendered.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

laborious
        Yes, VERY Much so!!!!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

I responded to your comments. You appear unable to respond to mine apart from making various puerile schoolboy posts.

Pfft. You aren't fooling anyone. Several times when I've bothered to go into great detail when dealing with you all I got in exchange are one sentences dismissals saying things like who am I trying to impress.

You're a fake and a fraud and always have been

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

You mean like....

A) That is your opiniion
            2) Define "Citations"?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And FWIU, one of Japan's biggest concerns about Russia entering the war was that if they started seizing their northern islands that they wouldn't get them back if they surrendered.
              Not part of the story that I have followed. The information that I have about WWII was largely drawn from NASA archives (public access) somewhen around the mid 1980s.
              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
              Scripture before Tradition:
              but that won't prevent others from
              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Several times when I've bothered to go into great detail when dealing with you all I got in exchange are one sentences dismissals saying things like who am I trying to impress.
                Oh you mean your frantic Googling resulting in the production of confections of disjointed comments pertaining to widely different periods of history? Is that what you call "great detail"?
                "It ain't necessarily so
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You mean like....

A) That is your opiniion
                  2) Define "Citations"?
                  Citation: A quotation of or explicit reference to a source for substantiation as in, for example, a scholarly text.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by siam View Post

Its a good point. Even the Geneva convention concedes that a complete/absolute prevention of civilian deaths is impossible during war. And while I also agree about winning (particularly the winning quickly part)--our definition of "winning" ---might be different?....
                    That's always the question, isn't it? It's easy to start throwing punches and slide into a war de facto even if not de jure. Then, since you really didn't plan on getting in, you don't know how to define "winning," but know you don't want to "lose," and so don't know how to get out.

Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Not part of the story that I have followed. The information that I have about WWII was largely drawn from NASA archives (public access) somewhen around the mid 1980s.
                      Also, FWIU, the Japanese were hoping that the Russians would help them negotiate a conditional surrender, and that vanished in a puff of smoke with the invasion of Manchuria. The Japanese knew back in 1943 they were going to lose and started thinking about surrender but the Supreme War Council successfully derailed any efforts along those lines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Citation: A quotation of or explicit reference to a source for substantiation as in, for example, a scholarly text.
                        H_A-dude.gif

Comment

Oh you mean your frantic Googling resulting in the production of confections of disjointed comments pertaining to widely different periods of history? Is that what you call "great detail"?

Comment

You mean like when you post a "study" that is nothing more than a survey?
                            Or a book on Germany by an liberal ASSOCIATE professor of a leftst university?
                            Or another book buy some unknown sociology professor from JAMAICA about how racist the US is?

You are the very textbook definiton of "confirmation bias".

Google that.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Also, FWIU, the Japanese were hoping that the Russians would help them negotiate a conditional surrender, and that vanished in a puff of smoke with the invasion of Manchuria. The Japanese knew back in 1943 they were going to lose and started thinking about surrender but the Supreme War Council successfully derailed any efforts along those lines.
                              Japanese tried to go via Russia on the first attempt. Second attempt was for a conditional surrender, but the conditions were not even close to reasonable. Third attempt just had that one condition.
                              Most felt that they could hold their own against America if not prevail. Questions were asked by others how Japan could possibly prosecute a war when they couldn't even make a decent pair of boots.

Britain (including other national governments of the empire) told Japan flatly that if it came to war between Japan and America, the British Empire would buy in. The alliance between America and the British empire was never going to have a successful outcome for Japan - and they knew it. The Japanese knew they couldn't win in 1941.
                              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                              Scripture before Tradition:
                              but that won't prevent others from
                              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Japanese tried to go via Russia on the first attempt. Second attempt was for a conditional surrender, but the conditions were not even close to reasonable. Third attempt just had that one condition.
                                Most felt that they could hold their own against America if not prevail. Questions were asked by others how Japan could possibly prosecute a war when they couldn't even make a decent pair of boots.

Britain (including other national governments of the empire) told Japan flatly that if it came to war between Japan and America, the British Empire would buy in. The alliance between America and the British empire was never going to have a successful outcome for Japan - and they knew it. The Japanese knew they couldn't win in 1941.
                                They put all their hopes on Pearl Harbor not only crushing the American naval presence in the Pacific but sapping any will to fight.

Boy did they miscalculate.

Comment