Announcement

Collapse

General Theistics 101 Guidelines

This area is open for nontheists and theists to interact on issues of theism and faith in a civilized manner. We ask that nontheist participation respect the theistic views of others and not seek to undermine theism in general, or advocate for nontheism. Such posts are more suited for and allowable in Apologetics 301 with very little restriction.

The moderators of this area are given great discretion to determine if a particular thread or comment would more appropriately belong in another forum area.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Leftism as Secular Religion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Are you misrepresenting me on purpose? We did displace or destroy the native tribes, that is what happened
    Not initially as I pointed out.

No I'm not, sheesh what is wrong with you? I'm saying that our ethical constructs are secondary to biological imperatives, really meaningless. And rape is a biological imperative.
    No rape is a human ethical construct. What you define as "rape" does not exist at the biological level. Male chimps or dolphins do not, as far as we know, consider their behaviours to be "rape
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

I'm not confusing anything - "biological imperatives" dominate, subjective ethical considerations are secondary - that is why rape is a perfectly acceptable option, and why moral objections against rape are meaningless.
      Biblically true.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        Biblically true.
        Stop stalking me perv....
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I'm not confusing anything - "biological imperatives" dominate, subjective ethical considerations are secondary - that is why rape is a perfectly acceptable option, and why moral objections against rape are meaningless.
          That's completely unsupported. The fact that there are biological imperatives is completely irrelevant to to human morality.
          America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
            At the biological level. However, human societies do not exist entirely at the biological level because we have something that no other animal, as far as we know has, and that is the concept of ethics and morality.
            I believe higher primates have demonstrated a degree of morals and ethics. They have degrees of punishment for infractions like theft and bad behavior. Also banishment and the death penalty in extreme cases.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X