Announcement

Collapse

General Theistics 101 Guidelines

This area is open for nontheists and theists to interact on issues of theism and faith in a civilized manner. We ask that nontheist participation respect the theistic views of others and not seek to undermine theism in general, or advocate for nontheism. Such posts are more suited for and allowable in Apologetics 301 with very little restriction.

The moderators of this area are given great discretion to determine if a particular thread or comment would more appropriately belong in another forum area.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Are you ready to die?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eider View Post

Go on...... Raise up Mr Trump.
    You have seen him posing with a Bible, and may have seen his followers gathered all around and reaching out to touch him.
    And he may win the next election.

The fever will be all yours in good time.
    Nope - c'est la vie
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I was kidding.
      Good to know that.
      "It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Good to know that.
        We clearly do not "get" each other's humor.

Perhaps if you recognized that I'm nowhere near as hostile to you as I used to be -- and maybe dial down the hostility a tad on your end, eh?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

We clearly do not "get" each other's humor.

Perhaps if you recognized that I'm nowhere near as hostile to you as I used to be -- and maybe dial down the hostility a tad on your end, eh?
          I was not being hostile - using that gif was humour - unless you are not familiar with the original BBC production of House of Cards and the brilliant Ian Richardson as Francis Urquhart.
          "It ain't necessarily so
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Nope - c'est la vie
            True, it is life. Mother Nature is the Ruler of life here, and everywhere in this universe.

You bow to her wishes every day, you know.

Comment

True, it is life. Mother Nature is the Ruler of life here, and everywhere in this universe.
              Meh --- God is her Master.

You bow to her wishes every day, you know.
              I do not.

Comment

I was not being hostile - using that gif was humour - unless you are not familiar with the original BBC production of House of Cards and the brilliant Ian Richardson as Francis Urquhart.
                And that's part of why we don't "get" each other's humor.
                I figured it was one of your attempts at humor, and I was kidding back.

Comment

And that's part of why we don't "get" each other's humor.
                  I figured it was one of your attempts at humor, and I was kidding back.
                  That is the problem with humour it is very subjective and can also vary widely between countries, even those that share very similar cultures.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

That is the problem with humour it is very subjective and can also vary widely between countries, even those that share very similar cultures.
                    Which is why it is important to allow the benefit of the doubt, which, in your case, I'm more frequently trying to do.

Comment

Meh --- God is her Master.

I do not.
                      Mother Nature will do as she pleases with you.

Comment

So true!

Comment

Mother Nature will do as she pleases with you.
                          I'm more concerned about Father Time.

Comment

• 1 Cor 1:22 Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24 but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X