Announcement

Collapse

General Theistics 101 Guidelines

This area is open for nontheists and theists to interact on issues of theism and faith in a civilized manner. We ask that nontheist participation respect the theistic views of others and not seek to undermine theism in general, or advocate for nontheism. Such posts are more suited for and allowable in Apologetics 301 with very little restriction.

The moderators of this area are given great discretion to determine if a particular thread or comment would more appropriately belong in another forum area.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Are you ready to die?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by eider View Post

    Go on...... Raise up Mr Trump.
    You have seen him posing with a Bible, and may have seen his followers gathered all around and reaching out to touch him.
    And he may win the next election.

    The fever will be all yours in good time.
    Nope - c'est la vie
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

      I was kidding.
      Good to know that.
      "It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

      Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

        Good to know that.
        We clearly do not "get" each other's humor.

        Perhaps if you recognized that I'm nowhere near as hostile to you as I used to be -- and maybe dial down the hostility a tad on your end, eh?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

          We clearly do not "get" each other's humor.

          Perhaps if you recognized that I'm nowhere near as hostile to you as I used to be -- and maybe dial down the hostility a tad on your end, eh?
          I was not being hostile - using that gif was humour - unless you are not familiar with the original BBC production of House of Cards and the brilliant Ian Richardson as Francis Urquhart.
          "It ain't necessarily so
          The things that you're liable
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

          Sportin' Life
          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

            Nope - c'est la vie
            True, it is life. Mother Nature is the Ruler of life here, and everywhere in this universe.

            You bow to her wishes every day, you know.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by eider View Post
              True, it is life. Mother Nature is the Ruler of life here, and everywhere in this universe.
              Meh --- God is her Master.

              You bow to her wishes every day, you know.
              I do not.

              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

                I was not being hostile - using that gif was humour - unless you are not familiar with the original BBC production of House of Cards and the brilliant Ian Richardson as Francis Urquhart.
                And that's part of why we don't "get" each other's humor.
                I figured it was one of your attempts at humor, and I was kidding back.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                  And that's part of why we don't "get" each other's humor.
                  I figured it was one of your attempts at humor, and I was kidding back.
                  That is the problem with humour it is very subjective and can also vary widely between countries, even those that share very similar cultures.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  The things that you're liable
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

                  Sportin' Life
                  Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

                    That is the problem with humour it is very subjective and can also vary widely between countries, even those that share very similar cultures.
                    Which is why it is important to allow the benefit of the doubt, which, in your case, I'm more frequently trying to do.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                      Meh --- God is her Master.

                      I do not.
                      Mother Nature will do as she pleases with you.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

                        That is the problem with humour it is very subjective and can also vary widely between countries, even those that share very similar cultures.
                        So true!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by eider View Post
                          Mother Nature will do as she pleases with you.
                          I'm more concerned about Father Time.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                          Comment


                          • 1 Cor 1:22 Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24 but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

                            Comment

                            widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X