Announcement

Collapse

General Theistics 101 Guidelines

This area is open for nontheists and theists to interact on issues of theism and faith in a civilized manner. We ask that nontheist participation respect the theistic views of others and not seek to undermine theism in general, or advocate for nontheism. Such posts are more suited for and allowable in Apologetics 301 with very little restriction.

The moderators of this area are given great discretion to determine if a particular thread or comment would more appropriately belong in another forum area.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Would you like to have the best Patron ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you like to have the best Patron ever?

Over two thousand years ago, an amazing event happened. The Second Person of the triune Godhead(one God, three persons) took on flesh and became a human. He lived a perfect life and died so that our sins can be forgiven if we but accept the offer. He didn't stay dead, He rose again on the third day to show that He had been vindicated. He appeared to many witnesses and women discovered His empty tomb. He bore our shame and guilt, so that we may have honor and innocence. I am but an orphan(now adopted into the family of the King of kings) telling another orphan where to find a good home. I know where I'm headed, do you?

If this means as much to you as precious treasure does to a dog or pig, please do not reply.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

(meant as a bump)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I suppose everyone on Tweb already knows what the gospel is and has either accepted or rejected it.

Comment

Jesus is my Savior!

Where have you been CBW?

Comment

Why does that song make Heaven sound like a mansion?

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
            I suppose everyone on Tweb already knows what the gospel is and has either accepted or rejected it.
            In my life, I can count the number of people who witnessed to me and I can count it on one hand. Not all Christians know what the gospel is. Some are preaching false teaching, their own ideas, etc.

Some non believers have to hear the gospel eight times or more before they will accept it. Why? Some of the people who preach the gospel don't believe or have confidence in the gospel and stop short. For example, our church did a survey and learned that more people would go to church if we didn't have the denominational name on the church. The church took the name down, took away all the things we use to do as a church, made us listen to videos from the church projectors of pastors who were not in the building and can't be overseers if they aren't present to oversee. The teaching of the word went away and they put couches and chairs on the stage and had a conversation. Taught me that Revelation 3:20 and its use was heresy. Asked me why I was at their Bible Institute and I said, "to learn" and the pastor said he wouldn't teach me because knowledge puffeth up. The church kicked out all of the old people so the church can do their own thing. The church ran into debt because the older people paid the bills. The church got rid of the kitchen because it was cheaper to not have insurance on the kitchen. Now they won't have anything to do with us after we left nicely and never talked against them. I use to ask my wife and other people, "What did you learn?" and no one can say anything.

In other parts of the world, Church is about singing and dancing and less is on the word. In Charasmatic circles, experience explain the Bible and we can't understand the Bible without experience.

One church did evangelism and invited me out. They asked us questions as to what is wrong with the Bible and the church. I didn't want to talk about what is wrong about the church. Then after I talked for a while they wanted me to train one of their seminary students and they didn't want to do it themselves.

I call other churches and they are preoccupied with other things and don't have a Bible study and aren't interested.

I visited over 30 churches in my own home town and only one Church taught more than five verses on Sunday and they closed. The rest taught two verses on Sunday. Only five churches taught the new birth and were born again.

This is probably the most illiterate generation of Christians. Christian bookstores are closing because not enough Christians are reading to keep them open. They can't compete with the big box retailers who sell Christian books.
            My Church stopped doing Sunday School. I looked on the web and getting rid of Sunday School is a thing.
            The average church does 2 verses on Sunday and at that rate, it would take 300 years to hear teaching on the entire bible. I suppose they don't think they have to because they are elect and have arrived.
            They are reading other books like the Purpose Driven Life instead of the Bible.
            I wanted to have a Bible study with people online. They wanted to study the Purpose Driven Life and I wanted to study the Bible. The argument went back and forth. Its disgusting the CBD booksellers had two pages devoted to the book. I walked through some offices at church and they have the Purpose Driven LIfe bound in leather binding.
            Over 5,000 churches in America have taken the evangelical emergent lane to the Bible.
            People are lazy and they don't want to learn, read and their pastors are lazy because they want the church to buy them a plane ticket and hotel rooms to go to conferences.
            Pastors are buying sermons online instead of making their own sermons.
            Churches are not hiring seminary students as much anymore because they don't want to pay their tuition debts.
            The pastors are the only ones who can and stunt growth because they want all the praise and admiration and everyone else is relegated to a greeter, changing diapers in the nursery or grounds keeper.
            We donated food to church and they took the food to a food bank because there is no outreach.
            Saw pictures of a retreat on facebook and everyone was in a hotel not wearing masks which is civil disobedience because the state requires Hotels and other businesses to require mask wearing.

Paul wrote all have fallen short of the glory of God so don't presume that every gospel message is the gospel or worthy of being the gospel.
            Its not enough until all people hear. Its not enough. I'm not enough. I know some of the words on a page but do I really know what the heaven world acts like? Can I act like that? I don't think so even though I do what I can.

Most churches don't have a library. I've seen the books that churches have disappear.
            I've asked for past teachings and they don't keep records. They act like its important but then no one cares about leaving a legacy because someone throws it out or doesn't reproduce the messages.
            I've called churches to ask their pastors Bible questions and the pastors are too busy.
            Last edited by Chuckz; 03-06-2021, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckz View Post

In my life, I can count the number of people who witnessed to me and I can count it on one hand. Not all Christians know what the gospel is. Some are preaching false teaching, their own ideas, etc.

Some non believers have to hear the gospel eight times or more before they will accept it. Why? Some of the people who preach the gospel don't believe or have confidence in the gospel and stop short. For example, our church did a survey and learned that more people would go to church if we didn't have the denominational name on the church. The church took the name down, took away all the things we use to do as a church, made us listen to videos from the church projectors of pastors who were not in the building and can't be overseers if they aren't present to oversee. The teaching of the word went away and they put couches and chairs on the stage and had a conversation. Taught me that Revelation 3:20 and its use was heresy. Asked me why I was at their Bible Institute and I said, "to learn" and the pastor said he wouldn't teach me because knowledge puffeth up. The church kicked out all of the old people so the church can do their own thing. The church ran into debt because the older people paid the bills. The church got rid of the kitchen because it was cheaper to not have insurance on the kitchen. Now they won't have anything to do with us after we left nicely and never talked against them. I use to ask my wife and other people, "What did you learn?" and no one can say anything.

In other parts of the world, Church is about singing and dancing and less is on the word. In Charasmatic circles, experience explain the Bible and we can't understand the Bible without experience.

One church did evangelism and invited me out. They asked us questions as to what is wrong with the Bible and the church. I didn't want to talk about what is wrong about the church. Then after I talked for a while they wanted me to train one of their seminary students and they didn't want to do it themselves.

I call other churches and they are preoccupied with other things and don't have a Bible study and aren't interested.

I visited over 30 churches in my own home town and only one Church taught more than five verses on Sunday and they closed. The rest taught two verses on Sunday. Only five churches taught the new birth and were born again.

This is probably the most illiterate generation of Christians. Christian bookstores are closing because not enough Christians are reading to keep them open. They can't compete with the big box retailers who sell Christian books.
              My Church stopped doing Sunday School. I looked on the web and getting rid of Sunday School is a thing.
              The average church does 2 verses on Sunday and at that rate, it would take 300 years to hear teaching on the entire bible. I suppose they don't think they have to because they are elect and have arrived.
              They are reading other books like the Purpose Driven Life instead of the Bible.
              I wanted to have a Bible study with people online. They wanted to study the Purpose Driven Life and I wanted to study the Bible. The argument went back and forth. Its disgusting the CBD booksellers had two pages devoted to the book. I walked through some offices at church and they have the Purpose Driven LIfe bound in leather binding.
              Over 5,000 churches in America have taken the evangelical emergent lane to the Bible.
              People are lazy and they don't want to learn, read and their pastors are lazy because they want the church to buy them a plane ticket and hotel rooms to go to conferences.
              Pastors are buying sermons online instead of making their own sermons.
              Churches are not hiring seminary students as much anymore because they don't want to pay their tuition debts.
              The pastors are the only ones who can and stunt growth because they want all the praise and admiration and everyone else is relegated to a greeter, changing diapers in the nursery or grounds keeper.
              We donated food to church and they took the food to a food bank because there is no outreach.
              Saw pictures of a retreat on facebook and everyone was in a hotel not wearing masks which is civil disobedience because the state requires Hotels and other businesses to require mask wearing.

Paul wrote all have fallen short of the glory of God so don't presume that every gospel message is the gospel or worthy of being the gospel.
              Its not enough until all people hear. Its not enough. I'm not enough. I know some of the words on a page but do I really know what the heaven world acts like? Can I act like that? I don't think so even though I do what I can.

Most churches don't have a library. I've seen the books that churches have disappear.
              I've asked for past teachings and they don't keep records. They act like its important but then no one cares about leaving a legacy because someone throws it out or doesn't reproduce the messages.
              I've called churches to ask their pastors Bible questions and the pastors are too busy.
              Brother, I'm going to say this as politely and humbly as I know how....

you made this statement in the middle of all of that....

I didn't want to talk about what is wrong about the church.
              Yet, your whole post was all about what's wrong with the church.

I preach the Bible - verse by verse, book after book, usually about 10-20 verses in a passage.
              We don't do Purpose Driven Life or "themes" or book series, and we have Sunday School classes taught by competent people.

Are you bitter at the church? Are you burnt out? I personally know quite a few pastors like myself who preach expositional sermons.

If I might humbly suggest --- you're painting with an incredibly broad brush.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Brother, I'm going to say this as politely and humbly as I know how....

you made this statement in the middle of all of that....

Yet, your whole post was all about what's wrong with the church.

I preach the Bible - verse by verse, book after book, usually about 10-20 verses in a passage.
                We don't do Purpose Driven Life or "themes" or book series, and we have Sunday School classes taught by competent people.

Are you bitter at the church? Are you burnt out? I personally know quite a few pastors like myself who preach expositional sermons.

If I might humbly suggest --- you're painting with an incredibly broad brush.

First of all, I found heresy in our church and wanted to leave but I'm not addressing that yet but we are not supposed to tolerate evil and I believe we should speak out against evil. I've been doing this a long time and I've written lots of articles defending what I write.

Whose bitter? I'm still a believer. I'm still a Christian. The pandemic made us stop and watch and we started paying attention to a lot of things.

The broad brush is that man is perishing and wide is the gate that leads to destruction and those who enter it are many. Dr. Martin Lloyd Jones said the world is the way the world is because the church is the way the church is.

Answer: The question of whether there are more people in heaven or hell is answered by Jesus Himself in one succinct passage: “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few” (Matthew 7:13–14).
                https://www.gotquestions.org/more-people-heaven-hell.html

The broad brush is we don't all have it together. We all are sinners.

Our last church lined up the kids in youth group according to skin color because they were doing a skit on the tower of babel and a white kid born to one of the elders had a problem with it and made her sick to the stomach.

We have a white looking Jesus on the stain glass in the front of the church.

Our county is racist. One of the county commissioners called black lives matter a terrorist organization and a lot of residents are upset.

The national guard came to our state because of rioting. How many times in the history of this nation was the National Guard ever called out? Was the president doing a good job for the national guard to be called out? I looked up the number to try to figure it out.

Let me show you the wealth on the main line or schools that are not even on the main line and let me show you where black people live in the hood. Some schools are on a block, the parking lot is their gym, etc.

https://www.holypost.com/post/let-s-talk-about-race-in-america

When I hurt, you should hurt. Its not just me complaining but its a coming condition on the world. Please let me explain.

Apostasy (from Greek αποστασία, meaning a defection or revolt, from απο, apo, "away, apart", στασις, stasis, "standing") is a term generally employed to describe the formal abandonment or renunciation of one's religion, especially if the motive is deemed unworthy.
                http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Glossary_of_Jewish_terms

My stepmother volunteered to cook for the church and those who signed up to help her peel potatoes didn't show up so she kept her promise and stayed up all night and peeled potatoes for hours and left the church.

Its the pastors who say we should do evangelism and do apologetics and I bought 80 feet work of academic Christian books, commentaries, apologetic books, etc. I spent hours writing Bible studies and Biblical articles to be told by people they don't care. I've fought the fights by myself, proved heresies wrong. I have been doing it alone since 1986 or 87. I've been a Christian since 1980. I'm still doing it alone. People ask for help and expect me to put in the plumbing and pay for it.

The church wants to act like the motive of Christianity is unworthy and people are treating the church like they are unworthy. The church started hospitals and now we aren't the hospitals anymore because the motive is deemed unworthy.

Here is the New Yorker magazine who saw what happened at the capital and they now paint Christianity as unworthy:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily...angelical-mind

There was an article which I have which is called "The Disappearing Doctrine of the Evangelical Church" and I cannot post it on your website or quote a lot because someone else wrote it and because of copyright laws. It use to be on the internet but here is something someone said who may have read it:

https://www.ccelkgrove.org/recommended-article/

We changed our political parties from being long time Republicans to something else because we saw what happened and we don't want to be connected to it.
                We saw the lies of the Trump Presidency:

Trump’s false or misleading claims total 30,573 over 4 years

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/01/24/trumps-false-or-misleading-claims-total-30573-over-four-years/

The Washington Post had an article which had higher numbers.

What does the Bible say about lies? They don't enter the heavenly city Jerusalem:

For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

https://biblehub.com/revelation/22-15.htm

We saw the Qanon conspiracy theories. The conspiracy theories don't follow the laws of evidence.

We saw the future of the party and the horrible human beings in the party and we decided that we would at least vote for people who want us to have stimulus checks and who want us to have vaccines.

I see a lot of people bewitched by evil.

My co-worker lost two family members to covid. My sister in NY is sick from covid. Trump could have done more but he wouldn't let Anthony Fauci do his job. Trump didn't wear masks and I'm offended when people do not wear masks because they don't care if we live or die. Biden signed contracts with the vaccine makers to get vaccines out. Why couldn't Trump do that? Did Trump stop abortion? No. So how can anyone say he's pro life?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckz View Post

First of all, I found heresy in our church and wanted to leave but I'm not addressing that yet but we are not supposed to tolerate evil and I believe we should speak out against evil. I've been doing this a long time and I've written lots of articles defending what I write.

Whose bitter? I'm still a believer. I'm still a Christian. The pandemic made us stop and watch and we started paying attention to a lot of things.

The broad brush is that man is perishing and wide is the gate that leads to destruction and those who enter it are many. Dr. Martin Lloyd Jones said the world is the way the world is because the church is the way the church is.

Answer: The question of whether there are more people in heaven or hell is answered by Jesus Himself in one succinct passage: “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few” (Matthew 7:13–14).
                  https://www.gotquestions.org/more-people-heaven-hell.html

The broad brush is we don't all have it together. We all are sinners.

Our last church lined up the kids in youth group according to skin color because they were doing a skit on the tower of babel and a white kid born to one of the elders had a problem with it and made her sick to the stomach.

We have a white looking Jesus on the stain glass in the front of the church.

Our county is racist. One of the county commissioners called black lives matter a terrorist organization and a lot of residents are upset.

The national guard came to our state because of rioting. How many times in the history of this nation was the National Guard ever called out? Was the president doing a good job for the national guard to be called out? I looked up the number to try to figure it out.

Let me show you the wealth on the main line or schools that are not even on the main line and let me show you where black people live in the hood. Some schools are on a block, the parking lot is their gym, etc.

https://www.holypost.com/post/let-s-talk-about-race-in-america

When I hurt, you should hurt. Its not just me complaining but its a coming condition on the world. Please let me explain.

Apostasy (from Greek αποστασία, meaning a defection or revolt, from απο, apo, "away, apart", στασις, stasis, "standing") is a term generally employed to describe the formal abandonment or renunciation of one's religion, especially if the motive is deemed unworthy.
                  http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Glossary_of_Jewish_terms

My stepmother volunteered to cook for the church and those who signed up to help her peel potatoes didn't show up so she kept her promise and stayed up all night and peeled potatoes for hours and left the church.

Its the pastors who say we should do evangelism and do apologetics and I bought 80 feet work of academic Christian books, commentaries, apologetic books, etc. I spent hours writing Bible studies and Biblical articles to be told by people they don't care. I've fought the fights by myself, proved heresies wrong. I have been doing it alone since 1986 or 87. I've been a Christian since 1980. I'm still doing it alone. People ask for help and expect me to put in the plumbing and pay for it.

The church wants to act like the motive of Christianity is unworthy and people are treating the church like they are unworthy. The church started hospitals and now we aren't the hospitals anymore because the motive is deemed unworthy.

Here is the New Yorker magazine who saw what happened at the capital and they now paint Christianity as unworthy:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily...angelical-mind

There was an article which I have which is called "The Disappearing Doctrine of the Evangelical Church" and I cannot post it on your website or quote a lot because someone else wrote it and because of copyright laws. It use to be on the internet but here is something someone said who may have read it:

https://www.ccelkgrove.org/recommended-article/

We changed our political parties from being long time Republicans to something else because we saw what happened and we don't want to be connected to it.
                  We saw the lies of the Trump Presidency:

Trump’s false or misleading claims total 30,573 over 4 years

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/01/24/trumps-false-or-misleading-claims-total-30573-over-four-years/

The Washington Post had an article which had higher numbers.

What does the Bible say about lies? They don't enter the heavenly city Jerusalem:

For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

https://biblehub.com/revelation/22-15.htm

We saw the Qanon conspiracy theories. The conspiracy theories don't follow the laws of evidence.

We saw the future of the party and the horrible human beings in the party and we decided that we would at least vote for people who want us to have stimulus checks and who want us to have vaccines.

I see a lot of people bewitched by evil.

My co-worker lost two family members to covid. My sister in NY is sick from covid. Trump could have done more but he wouldn't let Anthony Fauci do his job. Trump didn't wear masks and I'm offended when people do not wear masks because they don't care if we live or die. Biden signed contracts with the vaccine makers to get vaccines out. Why couldn't Trump do that? Did Trump stop abortion? No. So how can anyone say he's pro life?

Carry on!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Hmmn... I think those posts could be in a different thread. I'm sad Chuckz doesn't have good churches around him, but it's a sad derail.

Comment

He mentioned the Philadelphia area. I could recommend a few good churches.
                      When I Survey....

Comment

The church I liked in Philadelphia do not require people to wear masks out of love and are exempt from following the Governor's orders by law. Its been this way for a while. Now they hide the rules on their website but I have screen shots of the offending rules.

I don't have any kids to spare. If a church doesn't care if people live or die then it is offensive. If I get sick, my whole family is going to get sick. I emailed them and they wouldn't respond.

A neighbor said they were mocking covid but I haven't seen proof yet.

I have seen video from another church telling people when they can take off their masks in church.

We also know people from church who weren't social distancing who got covid.

We have heathens at work yelling that its the church people spreading covid. How can you tell them their behavior towards the gospel is wrong when we don't clean up our own house?

Its not okay. It interferes with the gospel.

Comment

Can y'all please take this discussion elsewhere? I don't want my thread turning into another covid/politics thread.

Comment

The average person believes Joan of Archie's was Noah's wife.
                            Many people don't understand blood atonement in relation to the gospel so they don't understand parts of forgiveness or the gospel.
                            The average Christian needs to hear the gospel 8 times before they believe the gospel.
                            I read the Bible for three years before I accepted.
                            Do you have scripture portions or give them them scripture portions to consider?

Do you pray for them or offer to pray for them?

Do you expect instant Christians like we have microwave popcorn and pop up pop tarts? When you talk to them, you also speak to them like you are teaching or discipline them.

Lots of homeless people or people who need help. When you do do stuff for people, sometimes they are more receptive.

I was made to goto Sunday School, they showed me a bible and expected me to be an expert on a book my parents owned but my mother refused for me to read and both wouldn't buy me. They expected me to pay the teacher and walk to church when I didn't have food in my stomach or food to eat at our house. I didn't understand what they were saying because it wasn't age appropriate, they used fear, wouldn't let me leave and physically got rough with me.

It does have things to do with politics because the Republicans are the only Bible they will read and they don't care for the poor and are for the rich.. When Paul presented his gospel to the apostles to get the right hand of fellowship as approval for his apostleship, they said remember the poor which is what we are supposed to do.

Comment

And you're welcome to start your own thread about that.
                              Last edited by Christianbookworm; 03-07-2021, 03:02 PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X