Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Atheists - Really Secret Believers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    How would that happen if I believe that God created the universe and all the laws and conditions that govern it?
    That's easy. Because you process the seemingly undesigned examples (cancer, the Kardashians) as originating from Satan and a fictional first human couple.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
      I don't know it's true that God made my nipples, no. That's what you want to believe because it makes you feel justified for believing weird things. Scientologists and Mormons have been conditioned with the same presumptive arrogance. You aren't alone.
      Now run along...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

That's easy. Because you process the seemingly undesigned examples (cancer, the Kardashians) as originating from Satan and a fictional first human couple.
        whag, we have been over this before - please stop posting in my thread.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

whag, we have been over this before - please stop posting in my thread.
          I don't know what you're talking about.

Comment

I don't know what you're talking about.
            Please stop posting in my thread. Try being gracious for once.

Comment

You just can't keep a good God down.

Even Atheists Intuitively Believe in a Creator: New research suggests seeing the natural world as purposefully created is our default setting.

http://www.psmag.com/nature-and-tech...e-in-a-creator

So it seems that the natural default position is belief.
              Question is, where will this ultimately lead? A belief in the biblical creator or a deceptively ominous belief in alien creators?

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                Question is, where will this ultimately lead? A belief in the biblical creator or a deceptively ominous belief in alien creators?
                It doesn't ultimately lead anywhere. Skeptics who'd substitute aliens for God would be stuck with having to answer the aliens' origin.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                  Right, I just think it is an interesting and somewhat humorous study.

Comment

It doesn't ultimately lead anywhere. Skeptics who'd substitute aliens for God would be stuck with having to answer the aliens' origin.
                    whag what part of go away don't you understand!

Comment

It accommodates the belief in human design by intelligent alien lifeforms, making it a much smoother idea to accept. As shown, this idea is already being entertained in the scientific world.

Comment

I think it's "make a fool out of yourself" day in apologetics.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                          I think it's "make a fool out of yourself" day in apologetics.
                          Another country heard from!

Comment

Another country heard from!
                            Looks like you've officially gone off the reservation with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                              Looks like you've officially gone off the reservation with this one.
                              Seer's typical pattern is to advance a horrible apologetic in all seriousness, realize topic is a theological can of worms, and then claim he was saying it all in jest.

Comment

Seer's typical pattern is to advance a horrible apologetic in all seriousness, realize topic is a theological can of worms, and then claim he was saying it all in jest.
                                And then attack people who call him out on it and demand that they stop posting in the thread. How dare they try to defend/clarify themselves.
                                Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment