Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Name 5 people you can’t stand thread who you don’t share a religion with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
    What I was referring to was an instance pre-crash in one of the "God commanded genocide/infanticide"-threads (I don't remember the specific subject, but it was along those lines.) where Tassman quoted something from William Lane Craig's Q&A section on the reasonablefaith.org website and doctored it to make Craig's position seem more unpalatable. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately for Tassman) it seems that the Wayback machine wasn't able to save the specific page where the quote doctoring occurred (or if it did I was unable to find it), which means that I cannot provide solid evidence.
    I have no recollection of such a discussion and, frankly I think you're confusing me with someone else. Interesting that you find it acceptable to make allegations based upon a vague memory when you have no means of substantiating it. And equally interesting is MaxVel's "me-too" support when he had no idea of what the alleged discussion was about.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

What I was referring to was an instance pre-crash in one of the "God commanded genocide/infanticide"-threads (I don't remember the specific subject, but it was along those lines.) where Tassman quoted something from William Lane Craig's Q&A section on the reasonablefaith.org website and doctored it to make Craig's position seem more unpalatable. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately for Tassman) it seems that the Wayback machine wasn't able to save the specific page where the quote doctoring occurred (or if it did I was unable to find it), which means that I cannot provide solid evidence.
      Interesting idea, a thread on this topic. Personally I find Craig's position on this unpalatable.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by fm93 View Post
        2) seer. Part of me holds out hope that he's actually just a mean-spirited liberal who's posting as a grossly exaggerated parody of a conservative Christian. I'd be really disappointed if there's a real person who's every single negative stereotype of a conservative--a narrow-minded, fearmongering old person who's out of touch with reality.
        I will consider this high praise indeed! I certainly am narrow-minded, but then again so are you. But out of touch? Example please.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Talk about slimy Chrawnus. You can only come up with one thing in all the years that Tass has been posting on tweb, and that one thing is an unprovable accusation from years ago. You'd better look in the mirror young man, I'll bet you can find more dirt on yourself than that without even trying.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Talk about slimy Chrawnus. You can only come up with one thing in all the years that Tass has been posting on tweb, and that one thing is an unprovable accusation from years ago. You'd better look in the mirror young man, I'll bet you can find more dirt on yourself than that without even trying.
            I have no idea what you're on about. Darth Ovious asked me if I had ever put anyone on my list on ignore, and I said that I used to have Tassman on ignore, and provided the reason why. I wasn't trying to provide an exhaustive list on the things I consider to be reprehensible behaviour from Tassman.

Comment

In any case, I'm reasonably certain that this is the thread where it happened: http://web.archive.org/web/201308270...Horribly-Wrong

Unfortunately a majority of the pages were not saved on the wayback machine, which means that I cannot access the page where the quote doctoring occurred, unless someone archived the thread on their hard drive.

Comment

I have no idea what you're on about. Darth Ovious asked me if I had ever put anyone on my list on ignore, and I said that I used to have Tassman on ignore, and provided the reason why. I wasn't trying to provide an exhaustive list on the things I consider to be reprehensible behaviour from Tassman.
                What do you mean "exhaustive", you haven't provided anything.
                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

You have no idea? Well, doesn't that figure. Darths question was in reply to your previous post, post #29, where you called Tass slimy, intellectually dishonest, narrow minded, and out of touch with reality. And in proof of this you have to go back years to find something, and even then you can come up with nothing. I would say that was a bit slimy, intellectually dishonest, narrow minded and out of touch with reality.

Comment

In any case, I'm reasonably certain that this is the thread where it happened: http://web.archive.org/web/201308270...Horribly-Wrong

Unfortunately a majority of the pages were not saved on the wayback machine, which means that I cannot access the page where the quote doctoring occurred, unless someone archived the thread on their hard drive.
                    Tazzy Wazzy is as slimy and dishonest as they come, but don't expect him to admit to any of his errors and mistakes. He's incapable of doing that.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Note: I pushed the wrong button there. The chances of me amening something LPOT says is very remote.

Comment

You have no idea? Well, doesn't that figure. Darths question was in reply to your previous post, post #29, where you called Tass slimy, intellectually dishonest, narrow minded, and out of touch with reality. And in proof of this you have to go back years to find something, and even then you can come up with nothing. I would say that was a bit slimy, intellectually dishonest, narrow minded and out of touch with reality.
                        Exactly right!

Comment

Your white-knighting amuses me.

Comment

It is all he has left. Besides, Tazzy Wazzy accused me of having a serious mental illness that he has been unable to prove that I have, he tried to misuse the HDI reports to 'prove' atheism was better (even though the difference between number 1 and 25 is less than the difference between and A and A- and wouldn't even reflect on a typical GPA report), and he tried to argue that Southern Baptist was the largest branch of American Christians back during the US Civil War (Methodist were actually the largest branch of Christians, in the US, during that time). There are just a few things Tazzy Wazzy has made claims about over the years that exposes his dishonesty and inability to debate views he personally disagrees with.

BTW I also remember what you are talking about to, but when Tazzy Wazzy is proved wrong, he projects his flaws upon others (IE how he accuses me of having a serious mental illness that he is unable to prove or show I have reflects that he likely has one himself), so don't expect him to admit he's wrong. He is incapable of doing that.
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Small mind small amusement. When are you going to back up your accusation? Still can't find anything, heh?

Comment

Small mind small amusement. When are you going to back up your accusation? Still can't find anything, heh?

Yes,try to find a document that's not been recorded in the Internet Archive. IT'S EASY. \s
                                "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
                                -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
                                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                I support the :
                                sigpic

Comment