Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Name 5 people you can’t stand thread who you don’t share a religion with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
    I honestly don't get the sort of negative attitude that seer is getting on these forums. The only thing you could possibly accuse him of is being naive and uninformed. It's kind of ironic actually that he gets called out for being out of touch with reality while ignoring the many of the people that argue with him, such as Tassman, JimL and the Pixie, are all far more slimier, narrow-minded and intellectually dishonest
    It's basic group dynamics, just like how the Christians here tend to call out the non-Christians instead of other Christians.

Comment

Originally posted by fm93 View Post
      Seeing their behavior is what changed my mind about the acceptability of partaking in screwball threads, because I realized they were just a liberal atheist version of that. .
      Yet you're posting in this thread?

There actually was an atheist version called Fundies say the Darndest Things, by a guy that used to post here a long time ago. That's where the idea of the screwballs thread came from.
      Last edited by Christy; 05-18-2015, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Here's my own list, in no particular order, all of them TWebbers:

whag
        firstfloor
        shunyadragon
        Tassman
        starlight

I should not need to post any reasons for why I chose this particular list. If you're unable to see why they're the kind of people who would make most people rip out their hair in frustration you probably deserve an honorary position on my list.

ETA: removed JimL and added starlight. While I do feel JimL deserves a spot, I feel like starlight deserves it even more, and unfortunately for JimL, I can only list 5 winners.
        How many are on your ignore list?
        “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
          How many are on your ignore list?
          None of them currently, but Tassman used to be, due to him doing something particularly slimy and dishonest before the CrashTM.

Comment

Originally posted by Christy View Post
            Yet you're posting in this thread?
            I specifically outlined the types of behaviors and why they're bad. I didn't simply go "Hey, look at this. Stupid, right? Moving on..."

There actually was an atheist version called Fundies say the Darndest Things, by a guy that used to post here a long time ago. That's where the idea of the screwballs thread came from.
            I'm aware of that. But I don't believe it's justified. "Wow, those particular atheists engage in such dumb behavior with that thread of theirs. Let's create a thread of our own so we can also engage in that dumb behavior."
            Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Here's my own list, in no particular order, all of them TWebbers:

whag
              firstfloor
              shunyadragon
              Tassman
              starlight
              Aw Chrawnus! Is it because Finland’s PKN failed to make it to the final of the European Song Contest?
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                Aw Chrawnus! Is it because Finland’s PKN failed to make it to the final of the European Song Contest?
                I'm flattered that you think that I'm prescient, but no, it's just because you're so gosh durn repulsive.

Comment

you're so gosh durn repulsive.
                  Yeah, but that’s not my real face (grumpy cat).
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                    Yeah, but that’s not my real face (grumpy cat).
                    Grumpy cat is adorable! You, not so much.

Comment

This is a thread I would expect on Reddit.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by fm93 View Post
                        I specifically outlined the types of behaviors and why they're bad. I didn't simply go "Hey, look at this. Stupid, right? Moving on..."

I'm aware of that. But I don't believe it's justified. "Wow, those particular atheists engage in such dumb behavior with that thread of theirs. Let's create a thread of our own so we can also engage in that dumb behavior."
                        There's no need to explain why something is screwy if the people who usually visit know why it is, then there's no need to explain why to them unless somebody doesn't know why it's screwy and asks why it is. The same way you didn't need to explain why you can't stand Richard Dawkins.
                        Last edited by Christy; 05-28-2015, 09:54 PM.

Comment

None of them currently, but Tassman used to be, due to him doing something particularly slimy and dishonest before the CrashTM.
                          MOI, “slimy and dishonest”! I deny everything, I don't do dishonest slime. Chances are that you misunderstood whatever it was that got your knickers in a knot.
                          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                            MOI, “slimy and dishonest”! I deny everything, I don't do dishonest slime. Chances are that you misunderstood whatever it was that got your knickers in a knot.
                            Nah, I think Chrawnus knows what he's talking about.
                            ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                              Blind faith gets you no where. I think . . . ?!?!? Do you know what Chawnus is referring to? Chawnus should not make such accusations without backing them up with facts.
                              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                                Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                                Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                                Blind faith gets you no where. I think . . . ?!?!? Do you know what Chawnus is referring to? Chawnus should not make such accusations without backing them up with facts.

What I was referring to was an instance pre-crash in one of the "God commanded genocide/infanticide"-threads (I don't remember the specific subject, but it was along those lines.) where Tassman quoted something from William Lane Craig's Q&A section on the reasonablefaith.org website and doctored it to make Craig's position seem more unpalatable. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately for Tassman) it seems that the Wayback machine wasn't able to save the specific page where the quote doctoring occurred (or if it did I was unable to find it), which means that I cannot provide solid evidence.

Comment