Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Name 5 people you can’t stand thread who you don’t share a religion with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name 5 people you can’t stand thread who you don’t share a religion with

I thought further to same vane that we’ve seen in recent threads, one naming 5 people you can’t stand that share a religion with and also to name people you respect who have a different religion from you, that I would start a name 5 people you can’t stand thread who you don’t share a religion with.

Yes I know, a thread like this is bound to turn to chaos but lets see if we can keep it civil and I’ll start us off with some people that I can name off the top of my head.

1 Anton LeVey. Yes that’s right the scumbag who started the Satanic religion and wrote the Satanic Bible. He is the kind of person I wouldn’t mind smashing their face in with a hammer.

Close second under this category is Marilyn Manson. I don’t really need to say anymore, he is the kind pf person you would quite literally want to kick in the head repeatedly.

2 Femitheist Divine. Radical feminist troll on youtube who thinks that the answer to the world’s problem is reduce the male population to 10% and to castrate them with some ceremony held in public.

Second on the genre is Anita Sarkeesian and her victim complex with all her lies on gamergate. Apparently to her it’s OK to have games where lots of guys are shot dead but if one woman gets killed then SEXISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In fact you could probably name any Social Justice warrior to me with stupid views and I would probably want to put their head through a window.

3 Joseph Stalin, Mao Zedong and any other Communist dirtbag. Thanks for killing all those people over the years you cretins.

4 Abu Hanza I will just provide a link and you can see for yourself.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11701269

5 Basically anybody who practices in Christian persecution. Put my brethren into concentration camps then I will wish you harm. Execute my brethren and then I wish you death.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians

If you think I am being dramatic then please take it lightly. A lot of what I am saying is hyperbole and I wouldn’t actually kill anybody for real. Or would I?
    “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

1)Sean Hannity
    2)Glenn Beck
    3)Westboro Church
    4)Kirk Cameron
    5)YEC/ID proponents

Comment

1. Richard Carrier. Honestly, it was a close one, but for me it is Carrier because he has an actual PhD in history, and yet still peddles the 'Jesus was a myth' line.
      2. Anita Sarkeesian. Close second. She is another one who willingly peddles lies to gullible airheads and makes a lot of money off of their inability to think.
      3. Matt Dillahunty. Any time I have had the misfortune of watching a video of the atheist experience, I have felt a little dumber afterwards for having watched it.
      4. Bill Maher. Winner of second biggest slime ball.
      5. Ana Kasparian and Cenk Uygur from the young turks. Need I say any more?
      My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
        Close second under this category is Marilyn Manson. I don’t really need to say anymore, he is the kind pf person you would quite literally want to kick in the head repeatedly.
        His music SUCKS!

Now I need to go listen to JP Stained Class.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
          5. Ana Kasparian and Cenk Uygur from the young turks. Need I say any more?
          I hate them but Ana is pretty hot.

Comment

It's hard to hate the young turks when Cenk is so obviously stupid. And I mean catastrophically dumb. Even with someone like Loftus who routinely makes bad life decisions and cranks out bad arguments there's a small light there. There's no light with Cenk. The lights are out, nobody is home, and nature has long reclaimed that habitat.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

As someone who's neither an atheist nor a Christian, the diversity in this list should be fun. I do want to clarify, however, that I don't know these people in real life--it's possible that they could be quite likable away from the Internet, or when discussing things that aren't related to religion or politics. So keep in mind that this is based on the perception that these people give off through their commentary specifically on those issues.

1) Richard Dawkins. I'm fairly certain that I don't need to explain this one.

2) seer. Part of me holds out hope that he's actually just a mean-spirited liberal who's posting as a grossly exaggerated parody of a conservative Christian. I'd be really disappointed if there's a real person who's every single negative stereotype of a conservative--a narrow-minded, fearmongering old person who's out of touch with reality.

3) Matt Walsh. The only thing worse than the negative stereotype of a narrow-minded, fearmongering old conservative Christian who's out of touch with reality is a narrow-minded, fearmongering young conservative Christian who's out of touch with reality. It's not just that I find his conclusions to be wrong on damn near everything, it's that he is so consistently and repulsively arrogant and sure of himself and apparently completely lacking in basic qualities of human decency like empathy and whatnot that it's mind-boggling.

4) The typical Gawker/Huffington post commenter. At least a 95% chance that this person is strong-left secularist. Even when they take positions that I agree with, I find them to be blatantly unfair to the people they disagree with, and they sometimes come across as more anti-conservative than pro-whatever they are. Seeing their behavior is what changed my mind about the acceptability of partaking in screwball threads, because I realized they were just a liberal atheist version of that.

5) ISIS. Seriously, bleep you.
              Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

1) Joseph Smith
                2) Brigham Young
                3) Franktalk
                4) Rachel Madcow
                5) Bill Maher
                (Sorry I have to add an extra) 6) Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

People who use the term "mansplain"
                  "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment

Originally posted by hamster View Post
                    People who use the term "mansplain"
                    Or "hamstersplain" for that matter.
                    “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by fm93 View Post
                      3) Matt Walsh...he is so consistently and repulsively arrogant and sure of himself and apparently completely lacking in basic qualities of human decency like empathy and whatnot that it's mind-boggling.
                      So intelligent, expressive and skillful rhetoric, and unaffected by readers bitching about their feels.

Looks like I'll have to check him out.

Comment

Warren Jeffs
                        Louis Farrakhan
                        CJ Mahaney
                        Jack Schaap
                        Mark Driscoll

Haven't had time to start the international list yet
                        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I honestly can not name anyone. Mere disagreement is not a reason. It would have to be a person that I had personal contact with and for some reason would not ever want to be around from then on.

By what criteria would one make this type of dicision? Really bad personal hygiene. That the other person always wants to get money from you. If the other person will steal from you or others when around you. Etc.

Thoughts as to why a person could not stand to be around another?
                          . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                            So intelligent, expressive and skillful rhetoric, and unaffected by readers bitching about their feels.

Looks like I'll have to check him out.
                            Your attempt to spin his repulsive qualities into something positive is not particularly cute and is completely wrong-headed. I'll grant you that his rhetoric is expressive and skillful. But that's all that's expressive and skillful. In terms of accurately representing his ideological opponents and actually being correct, which arguments are supposed to accomplish, no such adjective or adverb can be applied. He rarely, if ever, makes any effort to even intellectually understand where an ideological opponent is coming from, let alone emotionally. That's what I meant by a lack of empathy. He sees something that goes contrary to what he believes in and dives into an attack without trying to understand.

I'll leave you with a blog devoted to refuting his logical and behavioral errors.
                            http://whatismattwalshwrongabouttoday.com/
                            Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

I'll just list some people I wish would stop appearing in public:

Sean Hannity
                              Harry Reid
                              Michael Moore
                              Oliver North
                              Dick Cheney

Hannity and North are the two biggest reasons I stopped watching Fox News.
                              Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment