Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Name 5 people you can’t stand thread who you don’t share a religion with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
    He'll have to answer for that. He's my friend, so you should expect that I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, due to our off-forum relations. I don't know what he what he intentions were, so I'll have to let him answer for himself.
    And yet, I've had similar interactions over the years. Your friend is trying to pretend that atheism leads to the best society possible and is bending the facts to suit his beliefs vs letting the facts speak for themselves. The reality is, many countries, on that list, rank in all kinds of ways (some with a higher range of atheist/agnostics than Norway's has), so it is pretty obvious that the amount of atheist/agnostics that a society has would have zero bearing on it's position on the HDI list. The question becomes; why does he keep saying and imply it does when it is clear that it doesn't?

Leave a comment:

• Sea of red
    replied
    Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    And your evidence of this accusation is...

On the other hand, your friend Tassman is misrepresenting his link about the religious beliefs of Norway. It lumps atheist/agnostics into the same category (something Tazzy leaves out) and it gives a range of 31-72%. Is it very honest not to report those facts?
    He'll have to answer for that. He's my friend, so you should expect that I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, due to our off-forum relations. I don't know what he what he intentions were, so I'll have to let him answer for himself.

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    All of the times I debated him are now lost due to the crash. He stays in Murky Waters now, where he knows he won't get any refutation from anybody; I don't bother with it since it's just a waste of bandwidth. My experiences with him are that he prefers to stone-wall and play sophist with people, and his arguments have no real point to them.

The worst exchange I can remember was a LONG time ago when he used to do 301 almost everyday. He was discussing metaphysics with me, and it just got more hysterical how little he knew. Nick actually started using Aristotelian words like "thatness", "thisness", and "whatness" which, I'm sorry, just made me laugh out loud for real, since it wasn't even in the context of proper English.

I stopped debating him after that.
    And that proves your claims because...

Besides, I would think misrepresenting the number of atheist, in Norway, would be far more of a serious problem than using archaic terms would be.

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    fixed
    And your evidence of this accusation is...

On the other hand, your friend Tassman is misrepresenting his link about the religious beliefs of Norway. It lumps atheist/agnostics into the same category (something Tazzy leaves out) and it gives a range of 31-72%. Is it very honest not to report those facts?

Leave a comment:

• shunyadragon
    replied
    Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
    A accusation is only unfounded if it never occured at all.
    You need some help with the English language. Check the definition again carefully and read it slowly. It does not mean the events never occurred at all. It means . . . 'having no foundation or basis in fact.' There are many things that may be true, but lack a foundation or basis in fact. It is the lack of verifiable evidence that negates a claim without a foundation or basis in fact.

Chawnus's claim may be true
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 06-08-2015, 07:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tassman
    replied
    Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
    It's still true though.
    So you seem to think, whereas I don't know what you're talking about. I think you've confused me with someone else and seeing as you can't document your claim there's nothing to discuss.

Leave a comment:

• Sea of red
    replied
    Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
    lolwut.....I don't think AP's exhibited any of those characteristics you claim he has. Please provide the evidence for your assertion.
    All of the times I debated him are now lost due to the crash. He stays in Murky Waters now, where he knows he won't get any refutation from anybody; I don't bother with it since it's just a waste of bandwidth. My experiences with him are that he prefers to stone-wall and play sophist with people, and his arguments have no real point to them.

The worst exchange I can remember was a LONG time ago when he used to do 301 almost everyday. He was discussing metaphysics with me, and it just got more hysterical how little he knew. Nick actually started using Aristotelian words like "thatness", "thisness", and "whatness" which, I'm sorry, just made me laugh out loud for real, since it wasn't even in the context of proper English.

I stopped debating him after that.

Leave a comment:

• Irate Canadian
    replied
    fixed
    lolwut.....I don't think AP's exhibited any of those characteristics you claim he has. Please provide the evidence for your assertion.

Leave a comment:

• Sea of red
    replied
    Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Pretty typical for Seer/Apologia Phoenix. He has a way of rewriting history, in his own head, and getting upset at anybody that challengers his delusions. Do it long enough and he too will accuse you of having a mental illness he can't show or prove you have. Keep up the good work (and if you want to watch something really fun, just tune into the Ireland recovering from theocracy thread on civics and watch Seer/Apologia Phoenix misrepresent his own source material and overstate his case, over and over again).
    fixed

Leave a comment:

• Irate Canadian
    replied
    Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Then your accusation is unfounded.
    A accusation is only unfounded if it never occured at all.

un·found·ed
    ˌənˈfoundəd/
    adjective
    adjective: unfounded
    having no foundation or basis in fact.

Leave a comment:

• JonathanL
    replied
    It's still true though.

Leave a comment:

• shunyadragon
    replied
    We've already established that that is not possible anymore due to the crash, unless someone archived the thread in question.

Leave a comment:

• JonathanL
    replied
    Please document.
    We've already established that that is not possible anymore due to the crash, unless someone archived the thread in question.

Leave a comment:

• shunyadragon
    replied
    There certainly is a memory problem, but the faulty memory is Tassman's, not mine.
    Please document.

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    There certainly is a memory problem, but the faulty memory is Tassman's, not mine.
    Pretty typical for Tazzy Wazzy. He has a way of rewriting history, in his own head, and getting upset at anybody that challengers his delusions. Do it long enough and he too will accuse you of having a mental illness he can't show or prove you have. Keep up the good work (and if you want to watch something really fun, just tune into the Ireland recovering from theocracy thread on civics and watch Tazzy misrepresent his own source material and overstate his case, over and over again).

Leave a comment: