Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Samson's and Delilah's Interaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
    Just to be clear, this isn't exclusive to males. I've certainly known some women that seem to lose whatever brains they had when the 'right' guy showed up.
    What's the relevance of this post to the thread?
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
      What's the relevance of this post to the thread?
      Do you really need that explained DE?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
        I don't know. I suppose it's true that some men are horny enough to "lose brain," but Samson could have had any girl he wanted. He likely wouldn't be entranced by a vicious woman twice showing her intent to assassinate him.
        There is more to being in love than being horny.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Do you really need that explained DE?
          Not really, I suspect it's the irritating compulsion many men have to jump in and make sure nobody says something negative about women without adding a similar corresponding statement about men but I'm still hoping it's something else.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

I've heard of cases of where a spouse tries to hire a hitman to kill their significant other, but the hitman turns out to be an undercover policeman. Even when the intended victim is shown video tape of their loved one planning out their murder it is not unheard of for them to be completely willing to forgive them and want to "work things out."
            yup
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              What's a little attempted murder to true love?
              Case in point (though in reverse) Burt and Linda Pugach:

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burt_Pugach

In 1959 Pugach began an infamous courtship of Linda Riss, a 21-year-old woman from the East Bronx. Upon discovering that Pugach had a wife and daughter, Riss broke off their relationship. Pugach then threatened to kill or hurt Riss if she left him, saying "If I can't have you, no one else will have you, and when I get through with you no one else will want you." Riss reported the threat to the New York Police Department to no avail.

Upon hearing of her engagement to Larry Schwartz, Pugach hired three assailants to attack Riss. The assailants threw lye in Riss's face, leaving her blind in one eye, nearly blind in the other, and permanently scarred. Pugach was convicted of the crime and spent 14 years in prison, during which time he continually wrote to Riss.

After he was released from prison in 1974, Pugach and Riss resumed their relationship and married soon thereafter. In 1976 they co-wrote a book, A Very Different Love Story.

In 1997 Pugach was once again accused of threatening a woman with whom he was having an affair. His wife, Linda, appeared at his trial as a character witness for him.

© Copyright Original Source

There's a terrific documentary on these two called Crazy Love. Its currently on Netflix.

Comment

Time to google what lye is
                "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
                "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
                Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
                  Time to google what lye is
                  After googling lye, it has come to my attention that I would probably best this guy down.
                  "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
                  "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
                  Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

There is more to being in love than being horny.
                    Teal said she was beautiful. I doubt Samson was attracted to Delilah's whiny personality.

What besides sex would entrance the man to give up that secret?

Comment

Not really, I suspect it's the irritating compulsion many men have to jump in and make sure nobody says something negative about women without adding a similar corresponding statement about men but I'm still hoping it's something else.
                      Coming from a man who does exactly that on every ideological issue, you must find yourself very irritating.

Comment

Coming from a man who does exactly that on every ideological issue, you must find yourself very irritating.
                        What does this even mean?

Comment

Teal said she was beautiful. I doubt Samson was attracted to Delilah's whiny personality.

What besides sex would entrance the man to give up that secret?
                          It explicitly says he got tired of her nagging.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
                            After googling lye, it has come to my attention that I would probably best this guy down.
                            Only a kid would have to use google to figure out what lye is...
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                              Only a kid would have to use google to figure out what lye is...
                              And he's 18! What 18 year old doesn't know what lye is???
                              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                                And he's 18! What 18 year old doesn't know what lye is???
                                That one, evidently.
                                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment