Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Christians behaving badly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    1. Some 'Muslims' behave badly therefore 'Islam' is bad/dumb.

2. If some 'Muslims' behave badly it must mean 'Islam' is untrue.

3. The 'Muslims' behaving badly in these snippets are somehow representative of all 'Muslims'.
    I understood you shuny. These are fallacies, e.g.
    1. Some Texans behave badly therefore Texas is bad/dumb.
    I would only add that most folks are not so daft that they need to have this pointed out. Those that are daft enough are easily corrected by the use of “dumbass”.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Are you naïve to believe that pancreasman feels like that?
      Are you too dumb to realize I was quoting YOU?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Are you too dumb to realize I was quoting YOU?
        Are you too dumb to realize what I said?!?!?!

first floor understood the English.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
          He's saying that he's completely missed the point of the thread, but, who cares, since he can still bash everyone else for not being as smart or spiritually discerning as he is.

Either that, or he's promulgating a position he doesn't actually hold, without making that clear up front, so as to 'enhance dialogue'.
          That, by the way, is what "promulgating a position he doesn't actually hold, without making that clear up front" ACTUALLY looks like. *glares at lilpixieoferror
          Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Well, it's not actually in the English. It was in my OP where I explicitly stated these points were what I did NOT intend. In your posts it was implicit. You were posting IRONICALLY. Given your consistently poor communication skills it was legitimate to ask what you really meant.

Comment

It was a goofy comment.

And there's the proof.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It was a goofy comment.
                As before, not a rational response. If you do not comprehend my post, then the original by pancreasman was equally not comprehensible to you because the context of the fallacy was the same in both cases.

And there's the proof.
                Still not a rational response.
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
                  Well, it's not actually in the English. It was in my OP where I explicitly stated these points were what I did NOT intend. In your posts it was implicit. You were posting IRONICALLY. Given your consistently poor communication skills it was legitimate to ask what you really meant.
                  It was clearly in English, and first floor clearly understood my posts were in the same context as yours. I will clarify again if you continue to have difficulty,

Again, Yes, this is a list of things I was not asking, but they are questions many Christians ask of others, like Muslims and Atheists.

Frank

Comment

It was clearly in English, and first floor clearly understood my posts were in the same context as yours. I will clarify again if you continue to have difficulty,

Again, Yes, this is a list of things I was not asking, but they are questions many Christians ask of others, like Muslims and Atheists.
                    So what, shuny? Nobody cares if many people ask those questions. It's entirely irrelevant to the thread.
                    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Do Christians sometimes think poorly? Why, yes, they do. Just like everybody else including you. This thread is about accepting and owning the bad behaviour of some members of our own 'sect'. The Christians here have done that admirably. How about you contribute by naming something dumb some Bahai's have done.

Comment

And there's the proof.
                        Ha, ha. What a shocker CP; an uncharacteristically low blow. I’m going to say a little atheish (not a spelling mistake) prayer to encourage your repentance.
                        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                          Ha, ha. What a shocker CP; an uncharacteristically low blow. I’m going to say a little atheish (not a spelling mistake) prayer to encourage your repentance.
                          Knock yourself out, FF... I need the prayer and you need the practice.

Comment

Knock yourself out, FF... I need the prayer and you need the practice.
                            Then you are most welcome to whatever force my good wishes have.

“Atheists (and everyone one else, for that matter) should never stop "praying." That is to say everyone should have a good listener in their lives, and everyone should strive to be completely honest with themselves, to the point of bringing their emotional selves to the surface.” – Jerry DeWitt

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
                              Do Christians sometimes think poorly? Why, yes, they do. Just like everybody else including you. This thread is about accepting and owning the bad behaviour of some members of our own 'sect'. The Christians here have done that admirably. How about you contribute by naming something dumb some Bahai's have done.
                              This was not clear, and still isn't, from what you wrote in your original post.

The problem is not what Christians may NOT say or ask questions about their own faith, but what Christians (and others) say or ask questions of others like Muslims and Atheists.

Frank

Comment

This was not clear, and still isn't, from what you wrote in your original post.
                                I understood Pman perfectly fine, therefore, he is vindicated. After all, isn't that the standard you established?

Comment