Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Heavy Metal Mass and some other stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy Metal Mass and some other stuff.

Marty McLain, a conservative pastor from Douglasville in Georgia, USA, visits the secular Nordic countries. What role does religion have in the Nordic society? How do the Nordic people relate to God, faith and spirituality, and how does it differ from the US? English subtitles. Host: Joakim Rundt.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-kANR1vJkM

“Sweden’s Missionary Church of Kopimism, which was founded in the fall of 2010 and granted official recognition by the Swedish government this past January, has already established branches in eighteen countries, including the United States. Now the upstart religion is beginning to attract mainstream attention.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/04/p...es-in-the-u-s/

This one especially for CP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zEixWYqPVA

Excerpt from the documentary series "The Norden". Police captain Peter Whittingham from LAPD visits Finland, Sweden and Norway. How are suspects treated? What equipment do Nordic police officers carry, and how are they allowed to use it? What role does the police have in the Nordics? Host: Joakim Rundt. Full episode here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbM9uC...
    Last edited by firstfloor; 12-18-2014, 05:54 AM.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    Marty McLain, a conservative pastor from Douglasville in Georgia, USA, visits the secular Nordic countries. What role does religion have in the Nordic society? How do the Nordic people relate to God, faith and spirituality, and how does it differ from the US? English subtitles. Host: Joakim Rundt.”
    I generally stay out of apologetics so I won't stay for long, but I watched the whole of the first link and was fascinated the entire time. The "Metal Mass" was very... Odd. I have participated in something like it before... At a concert, but not a church. It was pleasing. And thank you for sharing that link. Did you by chance make a perfect copy for Kopimism?
    Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith? -Galatians 3:5

Comment

Retracted
      Last edited by KingsGambit; 12-18-2014, 02:55 PM.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        As curious as I am about the link, I just can't bring myself to enjoy worship music for a false religion.
        It is a Lutheran service with the mass, the false religion thing is later.
        Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith? -Galatians 3:5

Comment

Originally posted by Pentecost View Post
          It is a Lutheran service with the mass, the false religion thing is later.
          Okay, my bad. Lutheranism is not a false religion
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment