Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Atonement or Human Sacrifice on the Cross?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gnostic Bishop View Post
    Is torturing a baby for 6 days a sin?

Is killing children for what their parents do a sin?

Regards
    DL
    Why do you think dying from an illness is torture? Most babies died back then. still do in parts of the world. David was being punished by losing his child. The kid would just end up in heaven as a consequence of David's actions.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Is torturing a baby for 6 days a sin?

Is killing children for what their parents do a sin?

Regards
      DL
      For man see James 4:17.
      For God see Deuteronomy 32:39.
      Your argument is with God, not me.
      . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
        If you weren't a troll, I'd explain. But I know you can't listen. I don't need to explain that Jesus aka Wisdom incarnate wanted to undergo a shame degradation ritual for our sakes.
        What is shameful is God accepting a bribe or sacrifice to alter his usually just judgement.

I do not know if you can listen but wonder if you can think.

Is it moral to have another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them?

Quite a simple question.

Regards
        DL

Comment

• Originally posted by 37818 View Post
          For man see James 4:17.
          For God see Deuteronomy 32:39.
          Your argument is with God, not me.
          If you cannot answer such a simple question you should wonder why God created you so simple.

Your lack of an answer shows how your religion has corrupted your morals.

Regards
          DL

Comment

• I already answered your question. If Someone wants to VOLUNTARILY pay for my actions, so be it

Comment

• That's it. GB is now on ignore. He's getting even MORE repetitive and boring.

Comment

• Proverbs 26:4-5 NIV
                Do not answer a fool according to his folly,
                or you yourself will be just like him.
                Answer a fool according to his folly,
                or he will be wise in his own eyes.
                Insert troll for fool. Either don't feed the troll or show that he is merely wise in his own eyes. That's the question. Though, there's not a way to make a troll not be wise in his own eyes. I guess I'm being a troll then by replying to it. Oh well. Wonder if a mod can remove GB's posts from this thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                  I already answered your question. If Someone wants to VOLUNTARILY pay for my actions, so be it
                  No you did not as you added to it.

Answer it as is then we can look at what you added.

Regards
                  DL

Comment

If you cannot answer such a simple question you should wonder why God created you so simple.

Your lack of an answer shows how your religion has corrupted your morals.

Regards
                    DL
                    I answered the questions, and you didn't bother to read it. So your response seems.

To both questions, for humans it is sin. And if you are objecting to what God has done. You fail to understand for God to do those things it is not sin. God is not a man.
                    Last edited by 37818; 01-08-2015, 10:59 AM.
                    . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment