Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Logos vs The Word

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
    I need no such excuse. I never asserted that there was a basis for the Trinity in the Torah. There is however a basis for speaking of an incarnational God, which is much more important and profound than your incomplete understanding of the Christian conception of the Trinity.

Second, you claim that your view of Judaism as self-cursed is not too narrow. That is hard to believe. You concede that Jews themselves would not agree with your despicable characterization of them as having cursed themselves. If Jews would not agree with your hateful characterization of them, then your view is indeed too narrow, by definition.
    He is known to disregard anything truly monotheistic. He would be advocating how China invented monotheism, if he thought it to be true. He will defend the Jews against Christianity, but then later deprecate the history in the torah. He doesn't know where the word Jew came from, and thinks modern Israelis are Israelites. Can you say dumb poser?

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      I do not think this offers anything significant. Hellenized Jews never represented an Orthodoxy in Judaism
      You don't even know when Rabbinic Judaism started. While I admit most people get this one wrong, you don't know where the word orthodox comes from. And its use by Jews is recent.

Comment

4. The pharisaic-rabbinical idea that all Jews should become students of the Torah finds it origins in the Greek ideal that everyone should be study philosophy.
        The pharisaic-rabbi. I don't since the connection. The Pharisee were of the line of Judah, and not supposed to profit from law enforcement.

Comment