Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Satan's Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    again, you just toss out your opinion as fact. You are a twit.
    Proverbs 18:2 Fools find no pleasure in understanding
    but delight in airing their own opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

Amen.

Comment

You've been a Christian for a decade, if not longer, without knowing Job is myth and not history. You should get out of the house more.

Thank you for your time.

Comment

Whag is so entertaining.

Comment

Given that I have voiced my support of Whag's claims, I'm inclined to take this personally.
            Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Ironic, since you can't process the concept of eons and evolution. =) I would think a key requirement of being a Christian is processing TRUTH, no matter how uncomfortable it makes you.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                Given that I have voiced my support of Whag's claims, I'm inclined to take this personally.
                Go right ahead. Do you think only fundamentalists accept Genesis and Job as historical?

Comment

Go right ahead. Do you think only fundamentalists accept Genesis and Job as historical?
                  The question isn't if some nonfundies take it as semi-historical but what basis in fact they have for interpreting it thus.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
                    The question isn't if some nonfundies take it as semi-historical but what basis in fact they have for interpreting it thus.
                    Oh really? Let's see what you said:

Originally posted by Whag
                    If you don't know that genesis and job are myths by now, you must be a fundamentalist. Only fundamentalists insist that these stories are pure recorded history.

Comment

Oh really? Let's see what you said:
                      Exactly. You won't find any moderates who'd claim Genesis and Job are pure recorded history. Anyone that would claim that would is blissfully unaware of how these texts came about and evolved.

Comment

Forgot to say thank you for your time. I feel so worthy now.

Comment

Ironic, since you can't process the concept of eons and evolution. =) I would think a key requirement of being a Christian is processing TRUTH, no matter how uncomfortable it makes you.
                          Oh, I understand the concept, I just don't accept it as true. I have my reasons.

Comment

If the question is, do only fundamentalists take Genesis and Job as, in whag's words, "pure recorded history," then my answer is an unequivocal yes. There are parts of Genesis in particular that can be taken as history, but I think it's clear from the context of this thread that the specific parts of Genesis in question are the parts where Satan appears and not the parts discussing Abraham and his descendents.

Is Genesis PURE recorded history? Most certainly not. Is it entirely mythical? No, and I don't think whag's statements imply that it is.

Taking Job as historical also tends to discount the way in which Jews tend to treat the book-- as more like Psalms or Proverbs than Joshua or Kings
                            Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Oh, I understand the concept, I just don't accept it as true. I have my reasons.
                              And those reasons happen to be regurgitated fundamentalist crap. You've been informed of this time and time again, by Christian brothers, no less. Yet you still persist in the deliberate misunderstanding proverbs warned you about.

Comment

And those reasons happen to be regurgitated fundamentalist crap. You've been informed of this time and time again, by Christian brothers, no less. Yet you still persist in the deliberate misunderstanding proverbs warned you about.
                                I don't have to listen to every Christian that comes along. I am open to the possibility that I am wrong, but I haven't been given good Biblical reason to accept either TE, or OEC. In fact, the more I study all subjects related to this, the further I am pushed away from those positions. My authority is Scripture, not the opinions of other Christians. This is going to be my last response to you, as you are obviously a troll.

Comment