Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

I - an atheist - am morally better than the Christian God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I - an atheist - am morally better than the Christian God

Here's why: I know how to rid the universe of evil without impacting the free will of its inhabitants. Even better, I will do this the instant I'm granted the ability to do so.

The Christian God already has this ability, and refuses to use it.

This makes me morally superior to him.

---

The problem of evil can be solved instantly in this way: prevent the birth of anyone who will freely choose to do evil.

This avoids forcing people to make choices they wouldn't make themselves. Free will conundrum resolved, and all evil stopped; the universe becomes as sinless as heaven, and the need for Hell is gone.

---

How do I apply for the promotion to godhood?

Have you no conscience or sensibility? It is possibly one level of stupidity to question God's existence. It is a whole other level of disrespect and foolish to mock God.

Sorry that you have fallen to such a flagrant disregard of decency and respect of, what is to you, the unknown.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
      Have you no conscience or sensibility? It is possibly one level of stupidity to question God's existence. It is a whole other level of disrespect and foolish to mock God.

Sorry that you have fallen to such a flagrant disregard of decency and respect of, what is to you, the unknown.
      I presume this means you're unable to show how I'm wrong.

I can solve the problem of evil without interfering with anyone's free will. So can your God, but he refuses. This is why I'm His moral superior.
      Last edited by Whateverman; 07-25-2020, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
        I presume this means you're unable to show how I'm wrong.

I can solve the problem of evil without interfering with anyone's free will. So can your God, but he refuses. This is why I'm His moral superior.
        I'm just a bit concerned of your willful disrespect here. Once you have gone in this direction, it is stupid to continue the discussion that you began.

Comment

I'm just a bit concerned of your willful disrespect here.
          aka. you're unable to show why I'm wrong.

That's because I'm right.
          Last edited by Whateverman; 07-25-2020, 04:18 PM.

Comment

aka. you're unable to show why I'm wrong.

That's because I'm right.
            It is like Cliff Clavin (on Cheers) wanting to be told by Norm if he has gone over the edge. You have gone over the edge.

I barely skimmed through the original post, but it was apparent that help might be too late for you.
            Last edited by mikewhitney; 07-25-2020, 04:24 PM.

Comment

I predict that no Christian will attempt to address the argument, let alone disprove it.

Comment

It is like Cliff Clavin (on Cheers) wanting to be told by Norm if he has gone over the edge. You have gone over the edge.

I barely skimmed through the original post, but it was apparent that help might be too late for you.
                Thread prophecy fulfilled!

Worship me :)

Comment

Thread prophecy fulfilled!

Worship me :)
                  You predicted that you were losing all sensibility?

Comment

You predicted that you were losing all sensibility?
                    Ad-hominems in lieu of an honest reply.

Pathetic :)

Comment

No Christian is willing to defend their theology from this devastating moral argument? I hope I don't have to keep bumping this thread...

Comment

No Christian is willing to defend their theology from this devastating moral argument? I hope I don't have to keep bumping this thread...
                        We're too busy rolling our eyes. It's hard to tell whether you're being serious or not.
                        Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
                          We're too busy rolling our eyes. It's hard to tell whether you're being serious or not.
                          No it's not. We both know I was serious, as well as the fact that you can't refute the argument.

I'd think a sincere Christian would take issue with an argument proving an atheist is morally-superior to God.

Comment

Here's why: I know how to rid the universe of evil without impacting the free will of its inhabitants. Even better, I will do this the instant I'm granted the ability to do so.

The Christian God already has this ability, and refuses to use it.

This makes me morally superior to him.

---

The problem of evil can be solved instantly in this way: prevent the birth of anyone who will freely choose to do evil.

This avoids forcing people to make choices they wouldn't make themselves. Free will conundrum resolved, and all evil stopped; the universe becomes as sinless as heaven, and the need for Hell is gone.

---

How do I apply for the promotion to godhood?
                            There is no answering you because you will not hear what you do not want to hear. Yes this is not unique to you - it is the human condition.

"There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God." -- Romans 3:11.
                            . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
                              There is no answering you because you will not hear what you do not want to hear.
                              My unwillingness to hear <X> doesn't impact your ability to say <X>.

Your unwillingness to say <X> implies your inability to do so.

Comment