Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Nero Became Demon Possessed After Paul's Testimony?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    A deity with the “omni” attributes actually "needs" nothing or wants anything at all, including you.
    And you would know this, how?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

A deity with the “omni” attributes actually "needs" nothing
      You should've stopped here.
      or wants anything at all, including you.
      This is where you switched to talking out your nether regions.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        Candida Moss has this, on Daily Beast:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/nero-t...istian-history
        I see a whole lot of careful parsing of accounts to dismiss whatever sources don't support the desired narrative. Pretty shoddy history, if you ask me. Surely she's aware that "fiddling" in no way requires an actual violin....
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
          Desires are not needs. God does not need us, but He does want us. And why do people keep thinking God is somehow boring?
          An omni god is by definition utterly self-sufficient in every respect including the need or “desire” for anything outside of itself. Such a quality implies a lack of completeness.
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

An omni god is by definition utterly self-sufficient in every respect including the need or “desire” for anything outside of itself. Such a quality implies a lack of completeness.
            Let's see the definition.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              I'm pretty sure that living forever in any world would get quite boring after a while, particularly if living meant kissing your free will goodbye.
              Because freewill has been such a grand thing in this life...

As my pastor said, we'll never get bored in heaven because we'll spend an eternity learning everything there is to know about an infinite God.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Because freewill has been such a grand thing in this life...

As my pastor said, we'll never get bored in heaven because we'll spend an eternity learning everything there is to know about an infinite God.
                And UNLEARNING all the stuff we got wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  And UNLEARNING all the stuff we got wrong.

And posting on Tweb, the Heaven Edition.

Comment

With no trolls! Because they were permabanned.
                    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      I'm pretty sure that living forever in any world would get quite boring after a while, particularly if living meant kissing your free will goodbye.
                      Why would we kiss our free will goodbye? By every indication, all we'll be losing is the propensity to sin and the aging process.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        Why would we kiss our free will goodbye? By every indication, all we'll be losing is the propensity to sin and the aging process.
                        That's ALL?

Comment

That's ALL?
                          And disease.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            And disease.
                            And internet s

Comment

And internet s
                              Maybe we can run an ethernet cable down to JimL so he can keep us entertained?

Comment

No death, no pain, no evil, no suffering, sounds great! Maybe fundy atheists are too busy looking for the catch? Other then the clearly stated increased risk of persecution and trouble in this life(is it really a "catch" if it's a clear disclaimer), there aren't any downsides. And what is a few decades of the school of hard knocks compared to an eternity in the presence of God?
                                If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment