Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Parallellism is atheological and theistic arguments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doug Shaver View Post
    That didn't take as long as I was afraid it might.

First up: Carl Woese, "The Universal Ancestor," Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, Vol. 95, No. 12 (Jun. 9, 1998), pp. 6854-6859.

What Woese is saying here is not that common ancestry has been falsified. He is saying that there remain many unanswered questions about particular relationships among several taxonomic groups.
    I'm not going to address all of Woese's quotes because your rebuttals are redundant, and the tactic of altering my premise will not work here.

First of all, never will you find any evolutionist admitting to "falsifying" the entire theory, this will never happen. And never once did I say science admitted to falsifying "the theory", I repeatedly said "the predictions" in the theory have failed, thats it. Quotes from science are never intended to prove "the theory" has been falsified, they are intended to prove the "specific predictions" were falsified.

Also, common ancestry (all life-forms with a single identical genetic code) has been falsified. Craig Venter briefly explains this in the video below starting at 8:45 to 11:45. And it does not surprise me that evolutionary biologists are unaware of this because even atheisms high priest Dawkins was unaware of this in 2011. Craig Venter told Dawkins and Davies that Darwin's tree of life does not exist (Venter said "there may be a bush of life") , and Dawkins was confounded and upset by this news, and Venter only laughs at Dawkins in response

I suggest you watch "The Great Debate - What is Life?" on the science network.
    http://thesciencenetwork.org/program...e-what-is-life

Therefore the "specific prediction" that species believed to be closer related must also have similar genotypes, and vice versa, creating the predicted phylogenetic tree of life has failed.

No matter how many false predictions the theory makes, evolutionary science simply modifies the theory to accommodate the current evidence

"Much of the problem is that neo-Darwinism appears completely invincible to falsification by observations or by experiments, so much so that many doubt if it is a scientific theory at all. Partly, the stochastic nature of evolutionary changes must demand that there should be an unique explanation for each event, so that any difficulty raised by observations could be explained or explained away with ease, and partly, the practitioners of neo-Darwinism exhibit a great power of assimilation, incorporating any opposing viewpoint as yet another "mechanism" in the grand "synthesis". But a real synthesis should begin by identifying conflicting elements in the theory, rather than in accommodating contradictions as quickly as they arise." Beyond neo- Darwinism - An Epigenetic Approach to Evolution" Journal of Theoretical Biology Vol. 78,

For example the theory predicted a gradual transition in the fossil record, and when the specific prediction was falsified, evolutionary science invented punctuated equilibrium (evolution so fast it leaves no evidence it happened) as the excuse. Therefore the new prediction of P.E. is then verified by the fossil record. So the entire theory is being "verified" through Ad hoc circular reasoning, which proves its not real science, its an atheistic ideology posing as science and you allow yourself to be duped by it

"A circular argument arises: Interpret the fossil record in the terms of a particular theory of evolution, inspect the interpretation, and note that it confirms the theory. Well, it would, wouldn't it?" New Scientist, Vol.108, Dec.5, 1985, p. 67

"But the danger of circularity is still present.... The temporal ordering of biological events beyond the local section may critically involve paleontological correlation....for almost all contemporary paleontologist it rest upon the acceptance of the evolutionary hypothesis.", Evolution Vol. 28, p.466

Gould admits P.E. has no mechanism to prove its validity

"In this crucial sense, the theory of punctuated equilibrium adopts a very conservative position. The theory asserts no novel claim about modes or mechanisms of speciation; punctuated equilibrium merely takes a standard microevolutionary model and elucidates its expected expression when properly scaled into geological time. Gould * p. 778"

Next is: James A. Lake, Ravi Jain and Maria C. Rivera, "Mix and Match in the Tree of Life," Science, New Series, Vol. 283, No. 5410 (Mar. 26, 1999), pp. 2027-2028.

The clonal theory is not a prediction of evolutionary theory. It was a specific hypothesis about particular relationships among early lineages. The gene relationships that were discovered were inconsistent not with the general theory of common ancestry but with that hypothesis.
    Tell to me how a specific hypothesis (within the theory) that predicts to explain prokaryotes to eukaryotes evolution is not a part of the theory of evolution?. The fact is its one of a long list of failed predictions in the theory that have failed, and you know it. And a theory is only as good as the predictions it makes

Then we come to: W. Ford Doolittle, "Phylogenetic Classification and the Universal Tree," Science,
    New Series, Vol. 284, No. 5423 (Jun. 25, 1999), pp. 2124-2128.

Your quotation:
    Source: IDScience

"Each new prokaryotic genome that appears contains dozens, if not hundreds, of genes not found in the genomes of its nearest sequenced relatives but found elsewhere among Bacteria or Archaea."

© Copyright Original Source

This statement does not appear in the article. If it is supposed to be a paraphrase, you had no business putting quotation marks around it. In any case, like the others, the statement is not in any way contrary to any prediction of evolutionary theory.
    That is your mistake, not mine. I never used the title ""Phylogenetic Classification and the Universal Tree," with Doolittle's quote or in any of my quotes

My quote was... "Each new prokaryotic genome that appears contains dozens, if not hundreds, of genes not found in the genomes of its nearest sequenced relatives but found elsewhere among Bacteria or Archaea." W. Ford Doolittle Science 286, 1999."

We also have: Michael Lynch, "The Age and Relationships of the Major Animal Phyla," Evolution, Vol. 53, No. 2 (Apr., 1999), pp. 319-325

Source: Lynch

Clarification of the phylogenetic relationships of the major animal phyla has been an elusive problem, with analyses based on different genes and even different analyses based on the same genes yielding a diversity of phylogenetic trees (Table 1) (p. 323).

Nothing in this statement entails the falsification of common ancestry.
    Don't claim the quote doesn't say something it nor I ever said it did. Snopes is famous for this same tactic of extending the claim beyond what it actually says, then saying its a "false" claim. The quote says proving the predicted phylogenetic relationships has been an "elusive problem", thus the "specific prediction" failed.

And finally: HerveŽ Philippe and Patrick Forterre, "The Rooting of the Universal Tree of Life Is Not Reliable," Journal of Molecular Evolution, Vol. 49 (1999), pp. 509-523.

Source: Philippe and Forterre

With more and more sequences available, it turned out that most protein phylogenies contradict each others as well as the rRNA tree (p. 510).

The article reports no falsification of common ancestry. The sequencings reported in this article show that we do not yet know all the particular details about relationships among early taxa. They do not show that there could not have been a common ancestor for all organisms.
    The quote clearly says the "phylogenies contradict each other" which means the "specific prediction" for the tree of life failed. And you need to stop extending the quotes beyond what they claim, or read them slower so you understand them

There is not one common ancestor for all organisms, and Woese also admits this

"The high, pervasive levels of horizontal gene transfer at early times created an evolutionarily communal state of living systems in the sense that the aboriginal organismal community evolved as a collective whole, not as individual cellular lineages." -Interpreting the universal phylogenetic tree, Carl R. Woese*
    Last edited by IDScience; 07-31-2014, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IDScience View Post
      And never once did I say science admitted to falsifying "the theory", I repeatedly said "the predictions" in the theory have failed, thats it.
      If a theory's predictions are falsified, the theory is falsified. If you actually knew any science, you'd understand that.

evolutionary science simply modifies the theory to accommodate the current evidence
      And you think that's unscientific?

the theory predicted a gradual transition in the fossil record
      No, it never predicted that. It predicted gradual transitions in the characteristics of populations. Whether and how the fossil record would record those transitions is not addressed by any biological theory. It's addressed by geological theory.

you need to stop extending the quotes beyond what they claim
      I'll remember that the next time some inerrantist gets on my case for quoting the Bible out of context.

The fact is its one of a long list of failed predictions in the theory that have failed, and you know it.
      You say so.

You have presented your evidence, and I have addressed it. I see nothing to be gained by continuing this discussion.

Comment

I have a question ID. I have heard a lot about certain primates and humans being very similar genetically, like something on the order of 95% similar. Doesn't this show that we are related biologically?
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

If a theory's predictions are falsified, the theory is falsified. If you actually knew any science, you'd understand that.
          That's correct Doug, if all of a theories predictions are falsified, then the entire theory is falsified. That's why I have been telling you Darwinian evolution is not a real scientific theory, its an atheistic ideology that will never be allowed to be publicly falsified until another valid theory that does not include God as a mechanism is proposed. (atheists need the aliens to land soon).

This is why "Teach The Controversy" (teaching the failed predictions in schools) proposed by ID proponents is forbidden by evolutionary science, because they know the theory will collapse, and that combined with the blatant appearance of design in the cells (even admitted by atheists Crick and Dawkins) will allow ID a foot hold in students minds.

Originally posted by IDScience:
          evolutionary science simply modifies the theory to accommodate the current evidence
          Originally posted by Doug Shaver
          And you think that's unscientific?
          Make up your mind here Doug, do you believe as you said.. "If a theory's predictions are falsified, the theory is falsified".. or do you believe modifying the theories failed predictions to fit the newly discovered evidence is the way scientific theories should be conducted?.

Originally posted by IDScience:
          No, it never predicted that. It predicted gradual transitions in the characteristics of populations. Whether and how the fossil record would record those transitions is not addressed by any biological theory. It's addressed by geological theory.
          Physical characteristics of species is exactly what I meant and you know this. But the "sudden appearance and stasis" quotes from palaeontologists are numerous. And the poor geological recording excuse is not accepted by paleontologists. Features do not change in the exact same species spanning many millions and billions of years of geological records. And we have living fossils existing in every strata layer that contain fossils in it.

So, starting with cyanobacteria 3.5by, all through Cambrian, and in every other strata layer that contain fossils, we have some of those same species alive today that did not participate in your theory. Yet your theory teaches other organisms of the exact same species living in the exact same environment went through rapid bursts of evolutionary change at a speed so fast we can't prove it actually happened.

The only reason people believe this ridiculous ideology posing as a theory is because its enforced by media propaganda, intimidation and ridicule of its detractors, just as the catholic church did at one time

And ill end this by saying. I do not understand why many intelligent theists cling so tightly to a atheistic origins of life and species even when they have been presented extensive evidence to the contrary. The only reasons I can come up with is they are either completely blind to the facts, or liberals towing the party line and have succumbed to the pressures of political correctness for fear of ridicule if they speak out against it. For many people accepting the politically correct ideology that they know is untrue, is more palatable than the true alternative that brings discomfort to their lives
          Last edited by IDScience; 06-21-2014, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            I have a question ID. I have heard a lot about certain primates and humans being very similar genetically, like something on the order of 95% similar. Doesn't this show that we are related biologically?
            That percentage was based on comparing the protein coding sequences which is only 1.5% our DNA, and because of the false prediction that the other 98.5% was useless "junk", they came to the 97-98% similarity conclusion. The percentage has recently been lowered to 70% or lower
            http://www.refdag.nl/chimpanzee_1_282611

Also the similarities between humans and chimps do not take in to account the HAR (Human accelerated regions) regions

Newly discovered gene may hold clues to evolution of human brain capacity-Tim Stephens

http://cbse.soe.ucsc.edu/news/article/1581?ID=1581
            "Pollard's analysis showed that HAR1 is essentially the same in all mammals except humans. There were only two differences between the chicken and chimp genomes in HAR1's sequence of 118 bases (bases are subunits of DNA, the As, Cs, Ts, and Gs that spell out the genetic code). This similarity means the DNA sequence remained unchanged over hundreds of millions of years of evolutionary history, an indication that it performs a biologically important function. But sometime after the human lineage diverged from its last common ancestor with chimpanzees 5 to 7 million years ago, HAR1 began to change rather dramatically"-

"We found 18 differences between chimps and humans, which is an incredible amount of change to have happened in a few million years," Pollard said

But more importantly, the only evidence for evolution is in the observable transition from one state to another, not in static highly conserved similar regions. Similarities in species is not evidence of "evolution", its evidence of similarities, nothing more.

This is why Senior editor of Nature magazine Henry Gee said

"No fossil is buried with its birth certificate. That, and the scarcity of fossils, means that it is effectively impossible to link fossils into chains of cause and effect in any valid way... To take a line of fossils and claim that they represent a lineage is not a scientific hypothesis that can be tested, but an assertion that carries the same validity as a bedtime story—amusing, perhaps even instructive, but not scientific."- Senior editor of Nature Henry Gee, In Search of Deep Time

Also we know its gene regulation, controlled by "junk DNA" (one of a long list of failed predictions) that determines how identical genes will be expressed. Humans have some of the same genes as plants do, but its the non-coding DNA that contains the blueprints for the species and determines how the identical genes will be expressed

http://www.nature.com/scitable/topic...ession-in-1086
            “Many eukaryotic species carry genes with the same sequences as other plants and animals. In addition, the same DNA sequences (though not the same proteins) are found within all of an organism’s diploid, nucleated cells, even though these cells form tissues with drastically different appearances, properties, and functions. Why then, is there such great variation among and within such organisms? Quite simply, the way in which different genes are turned on and off in specific cells generates the variety we observe in nature. In other words, specific functions of different cell types are generated through differential gene regulation” Regulation of Transcription and Gene Expression in Eukaryote: Theresa Phillips. Nature

Mice also have the same similarities in protein coding genes

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC395773/
            "A detailed inventory of the protein-coding genes was made upon the completion of the human and mouse genome projects [3]. Overall, the mouse proteome is similar to that of the human, and about 99% of the mouse protein-coding genes have a homolog in the human genome"-The mammalian transcriptome and the function of non-coding DNA sequencesSvetlana A Shabalina"

And because its the non-coding regions that determines how identical genes will be expressed, it therefore follows its the non-coding regions that contain the species blueprints, and its these regions that bring the percentage of the chimp similarities to 70%. And its no coincidence its the non-coding DNA that is also the most conserved, and this is why we have species that have not evolved in hundreds of millions and billions of years, because of these highly conserved (do not evolve) regions in non-coding DNA. But with the *magic* of punctuated equilibrium we can make it appear as if they did.

“Now scientists are starting to speculate that proteins, and the regular DNA that creates them, are just the nuts and bolts of the system. ‘They’re like the parts for a 757 jet sitting on the floor of a factory,’ says University of Queensland geneticist John Mattick. The noncoding DNA is likely “the assembly plans and control systems.” Unfortunately, he concludes, because we’ve spent 30 years thinking of it as junk, we’re just now learning how to read it.” Steve Olson Wired Magazine 2/2007, page 113,
            Last edited by IDScience; 06-23-2014, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Make up your mind here Doug, do you believe as you said.. "If a theory's predictions are falsified, the theory is falsified".. or do you believe modifying the theories failed predictions to fit the newly discovered evidence is the way scientific theories should be conducted?.
              I believe both. Modification is not equivalent to destruction. The core of evolutionary theory is descent with modification from common ancestry. That core idea has not been touched by any discovery made since Darwin wrote Origin of Species. At this point in our intellectual history, it looks about as robust as the theory of gravity.

Originally posted by IDScience

Physical characteristics of species is exactly what I meant and you know this.
              No, I don't know that. When someone says the predictions of evolutionary theory have been falsified, I cannot assume anything about what they know or what they might mean.

But the "sudden appearance and stasis" quotes from palaeontologists are numerous.
              Sure they are, but they don't prove that evolutionary theory has been falsified.

Comment

That percentage was based on comparing the protein coding sequences which is only 1.5% our DNA, and because of the false prediction that the other 98.5% was useless "junk", they came to the 97-98% similarity conclusion. The percentage has recently has been lowered to 70% or lower
                http://www.refdag.nl/chimpanzee_1_282611

Also the similarities between humans and chimps do not take in to account the HAR (Human accelerated regions) regions

Newly discovered gene may hold clues to evolution of human brain capacity-Tim Stephens

http://cbse.soe.ucsc.edu/news/article/1581?ID=1581
                "Pollard's analysis showed that HAR1 is essentially the same in all mammals except humans. There were only two differences between the chicken and chimp genomes in HAR1's sequence of 118 bases (bases are subunits of DNA, the As, Cs, Ts, and Gs that spell out the genetic code). This similarity means the DNA sequence remained unchanged over hundreds of millions of years of evolutionary history, an indication that it performs a biologically important function. But sometime after the human lineage diverged from its last common ancestor with chimpanzees 5 to 7 million years ago, HAR1 began to change rather dramatically"-

"We found 18 differences between chimps and humans, which is an incredible amount of change to have happened in a few million years," Pollard said

But more importantly, the only evidence for evolution is in the observable transition from one state to another, not in static highly conserved similar regions. Similarities in species is not evidence of "evolution", its evidence of similarities, nothing more.

This is why Senior editor of Nature magazine Henry Gee said

"No fossil is buried with its birth certificate. That, and the scarcity of fossils, means that it is effectively impossible to link fossils into chains of cause and effect in any valid way... To take a line of fossils and claim that they represent a lineage is not a scientific hypothesis that can be tested, but an assertion that carries the same validity as a bedtime story—amusing, perhaps even instructive, but not scientific."- Senior editor of Nature Henry Gee, In Search of Deep Time

Also we know its gene regulation, controlled by "junk DNA" (one of a long list of failed predictions) that determines how identical genes will be expressed. Humans have some of the same genes as plants do, but its the non-coding DNA that contains the blueprints for the species and determines how the identical genes will be expressed

http://www.nature.com/scitable/topic...ession-in-1086
                “Many eukaryotic species carry genes with the same sequences as other plants and animals. In addition, the same DNA sequences (though not the same proteins) are found within all of an organism’s diploid, nucleated cells, even though these cells form tissues with drastically different appearances, properties, and functions. Why then, is there such great variation among and within such organisms? Quite simply, the way in which different genes are turned on and off in specific cells generates the variety we observe in nature. In other words, specific functions of different cell types are generated through differential gene regulation” Regulation of Transcription and Gene Expression in Eukaryote: Theresa Phillips. Nature

Mice also have the same similarities in protein coding genes

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC395773/
                "A detailed inventory of the protein-coding genes was made upon the completion of the human and mouse genome projects [3]. Overall, the mouse proteome is similar to that of the human, and about 99% of the mouse protein-coding genes have a homolog in the human genome"-The mammalian transcriptome and the function of non-coding DNA sequencesSvetlana A Shabalina"

And because its the non-coding regions that determines how identical genes will be expressed, it therefore follows its the non-coding regions that contain the species blueprints, and its these regions that bring the percentage of the chimp similarities to 70%. And its no coincidence its the non-coding DNA that is also the most conserved, and this is why we have species that have not evolved in hundreds of millions and billions of years, because of these highly conserved (do not evolve) regions in non-coding DNA. But with the *magic* of punctuated equilibrium we can make it appear as if they did.

“Now scientists are starting to speculate that proteins, and the regular DNA that creates them, are just the nuts and bolts of the system. ‘They’re like the parts for a 757 jet sitting on the floor of a factory,’ says University of Queensland geneticist John Mattick. The noncoding DNA is likely “the assembly plans and control systems.” Unfortunately, he concludes, because we’ve spent 30 years thinking of it as junk, we’re just now learning how to read it.” Steve Olson Wired Magazine 2/2007, page 113,
                Thanks ID, I think.
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Thanks ID, I think.
                  If you would only realized the IDScience's view is not science. It is ENRON bookkeeping of selective out of context and ridiculously false sound bites to justify a religious agenda.
                  Last edited by shunyadragon; 06-22-2014, 07:14 AM.
                  Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                  Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

I have heard a lot about certain primates and humans being very similar genetically, like something on the order of 95% similar. Doesn't this show that we are related biologically?
                    If that were the only datum we had about the relationship between humans and other primates, it wouldn't show a thing, but we do have a ton of other data as well. The genetic similarity very nicely confirms what all the other data show, but it is just one of many nails in the coffin of creationism.

Comment

I believe both. Modification is not equivalent to destruction. The core of evolutionary theory is descent with modification from common ancestry. That core idea has not been touched by any discovery made since Darwin wrote Origin of Species.
                      Incorrect, the theory of descent with modification can only be inferred (not proven) if the phylogenetic relationships match, if they do not match, the inference of Darwin's theory does not exist. And Darwin himself admitted if this inference in the fossil record did not exist, his theory would be proven false

Here is your problem. Darwinian evolution (all species descendant from a single cell) was established as a scientific fact based solely on the observation of minor fluctuations in phenotypes (which we now know is phenotypic plasticity), and the rest of the theory was a complete and total extrapolation without any evidence to support it. Evolutionary science of that time believed future generations would find the transitional fossils that would infer the theory of decent with gradual modification, but this did not happen. Gould said Darwin, as well as all other paleontologists, were embarrassed by the fossil record because it did not verify the prediction, hence the reason why Gould invented P.E. to save face

So because the fossil record did not show the predicted inference of descent with gradual modification, the hopes to prove the prediction were then pinned on genetics, but this has also failed. As I have shown you the predicted "tree of life" which is essential to infer common decent, does not exist. All we have now is a mangled "bush of life", and that mangled bush has no possible way to validate the inference of common descent with modification because its branches do not form a predictable pattern, thus the inference of the phenotypes matching the genotypes does not exist, thus your entire theory of radical phenotypic speciation has no actual or inferential evidence.

You fail to understand evolutionary theory (unlike all other scientific theories) has no ability to prove its validity by the scientific method of observation and testing. We can't observe the phenotypic changes that science claims takes many millions of years, therefore your theory stands solely on inferences of common decent, and if those inferences do not exist, you don't have a theory, you have an ideology. Therefore because the phylogenetic relationship inferences do not exist you stand by faith alone in your theory

At this point in our intellectual history, it looks about as robust as the theory of gravity
                      Here is the difference, the theory of gravity does not extrapolate the theory eventually morphs into radical, untestable and unpredictable changes that can't be verified by observation and experimentation. Your "robust" theory of evolution is nothing more than a highly sophisticated environmentally induced adaptation mechanism that selects from a pool of preloaded conserved slight variations that are needed for survival in a changing environment, and this is why we only observe minor variations in the fossil record and in species, because this is the only evolution that takes place. And this is why we have 500 million year old living fossils and stasis throughout the fossil record, the rest of your theory is an extrapolation in your head by faith in P.E.

For example. The cecal valves of lizards is common example used by evolutionists to prove descent with modification, but we know these features do not accumulate as predicted by Darwin, the features in these lizards were lost in less than 4 months when the diet/environment changed

"Our results suggest that in P. sicula, at least some of the changes associated with a dietary shift toward a higher proportion of plant material may be plastic. Specimens from the Pod Mrcaru population, which in nature eat substantial amounts of plant material exhibited a reduction in digestive tract length AND A TOTAL LOSS OF CECAL VALVES AFTER BEING FED AN EXCLUSIVELY ARTHROPOD DIET FOR 15 WK" - Bart Vervust
                      Last edited by IDScience; 06-23-2014, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Thanks ID, I think.
                        Let me ask you a question. Do you believe we are related to monkeys based on this genetic similarity in protein coding sequences?, If so then you must also believe we are related to mice based on the same similarities in protein coding sequences

Comment

If that were the only datum we had about the relationship between humans and other primates, it wouldn't show a thing, but we do have a ton of other data as well. The genetic similarity very nicely confirms what all the other data show, but it is just one of many nails in the coffin of creationism.
                          You have repeatedly said we have "a ton" of evidence for Darwinian evolution, I would like to see some of that evidence.

Comment

Let me ask you a question. Do you believe we are related to monkeys based on this genetic similarity in protein coding sequences?, If so then you must also believe we are related to mice based on the same similarities in protein coding sequences

To be honest, I have no idea. You make a good point though.

If you have the time ID, you might like to start a thread on Natural Science. Some of the guys over there are fairly well versed on these matters. I think you are making some excellent points.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fo...al-Science-301
                            Last edited by seer; 06-24-2014, 07:22 AM.

Comment

I would like to see some of that evidence.
                              I'm sure you would, like an inerrantist would like to see "just one contradiction" in the Bible. I don't play that game any more, and I'm not playing this one now.

It's a waste of time. No matter what I say to the inerrantist, they respond, "That's not a contradiction." No matter what I show you, you'll respond, "That's not evidence."

Comment