Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Nobody Dies for a Lie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zymologist
    replied
    Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Saying that the Trinity is logical doesn't make it logical, Sparko. It isn't logical, it's completely illogical, and if you can't see that then you don't even understand what logic is. And no, my response was that "it's hard to understand because it doesn't make any sense whatsoever." You have 2 choices, you can either recognize it for the illogical nonsense that it is, or you can continue believe it because that's what you've been taught.
    Saying that the Trinity is illogical doesn't make it illogical.

QED

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Saying that the Trinity is logical doesn't make it logical, Sparko. It isn't logical, it's completely illogical, and if you can't see that then you don't even understand what logic is. And no, my response was that "it's hard to understand because it doesn't make any sense whatsoever." You have 2 choices, you can either recognize it for the illogical nonsense that it is, or you can continue believe it because that's what you've been taught.
    It is logical. I laid out the logic for you, piece by piece. There is no contradiction. Yet your response is simply to hand wave it away and repeat yourself. You haven't gone through one bit of my post to show me where the logic fails. And I don't believe it because that was what I was taught. I already told you I did NOT believe it at first and did my own research on it and that article is the result of what I discovered.

Your dismissal without any actual rebuttal on any point is therefore dismissed itself. You are a low intelligence moron who thinks he is a genius. It's pretty sad to watch. Maybe you should stop posting drunk or whatever the hell is going on.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Those are not the only two choices, except to a very limited mind.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    JimL. So you are just going to handwave away everything and repeat yourself as I knew you would. You like to complain that nobody takes the time to explain their beliefs to you and show you how you are mistaken when we claim you have it all wrong. So I did. I gave you a line by line logical layout of what the trinity is, why we believe it and where it is taught in the bible.

Your response was "duh! you said it was hard to understand! that proves I wuz right!"

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Quite.
    smug superiority.

Leave a comment: