Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Nobody Dies for a Lie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Think about it CP, if we are condemned to begin with, condemned to hell no less...
    I don't believe innocent babies go to hell.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I don't believe innocent babies go to hell.
      So, you don't believe babies inherited their evil nature from A+E? Why do you say they are innocent? More importantly you are contradicting the passage you just cited. That whoever believeth in him should not perish, but he that believeth not is already condemned!

Comment

So, you don't believe babies inherited their evil nature from A+E? Why do you say they are innocent? More importantly you are contradicting the passage you just cited. That whoever believeth in him should not perish, but he that believeth not is already condemned!
        Context, Jim. Context.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Bless your heart.
          JimL understands it, he is just doing his dumb act in order to troll and burn straw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
            Of course he is.

Jesus is fully God and (according to the doctrine of the 'hypostatic union') fully Man all at the same time. Clever Jesus!
            Dang, you actually got something right.

So now the next time you burn straw like JimL and pretend to not know what we believe I will know you are just trolling.

Comment

That's my point. Do you all have comprehension problems. Assuming there is any truth to the story at all, the point was that the disciples wouldn't have believed in the resurrection, or in other words that Jesus was god, without seeing Jesus physical resurrected body for themselves. Jesus obviously knew that, which is why his resurrected self had to appear before them, to show them. So, you think that Jesus is going to condemn the rest of us for not believing, when his own disciples couldn't believe?
              I guess you will just have to find out for yourself.

Don't say we didn't try.

Comment

Think about it CP, if we are condemned to begin with, condemned to hell no less, then the same god is responsible for that condemnation than the one who offers us salvation if only we believe in him. So, we are already condemned to hell, but if in going over the evidence we come to the conclusion that this god exists then we can be saved, but if we honestly come to the conclusion that this god does not exist then we will go to hell where god intended us to go in the first place. Dumb, dumb, dumb!
                Jim the same justice system that condemns a criminal will sometimes offer that criminal a pardon. How dumb is that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  JimL understands it, he is just doing his dumb act in order to troll and burn straw.
                  Which is why I didn't offer any of the many explanations he could easily find on the web if he was sincerely interested.

Comment

Which is why I didn't offer any of the many explanations he could easily find on the web if he was sincerely interested.
                    No, the reason that you didn't offer any explanations is because you don't care that there are no sensible/logical explanations to offer, you and Sparko, like many believers, are in to deep to actually concern yourselves with whether or not what you believe makes sense, or complies with logic.

Comment

No, the reason that you didn't offer any explanations....
                      Jim, please stop this childish nonsense - I know what I was thinking, and you're not a mind reader.

Comment

Jim, please stop this childish nonsense - I know what I was thinking, and you're not a mind reader.
                        How often I have said pretty much the same thing...
                        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                          How often I have said pretty much the same thing...
                          Some manage to take it to extraordinary levels of nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Jim the same justice system that condemns a criminal will sometimes offer that criminal a pardon. How dumb is that?
                            Sparko, use your head for a change. According to christianity, you are condemned to hell from birth. We wouldn't need a pardon from hell if the so called creator god didn't condemn us to hell from creation. That's how dumb that is to believe. You don't really think much of your god do you?

Comment

Sparko, use your head for a change. According to christianity, you are condemned to hell from birth. We wouldn't need a pardon from hell if the so called creator god didn't condemn us to hell from creation. That's how dumb that is to believe. You don't really think much of your god do you?
                              You really REALLY don't understand Christianity, Jim.

Comment

If you are debating the issue with me and actually had a logical answer, then you would certainly let it be known, and if you don't then I have little recourse than to assume that you are unable to.

Comment