Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Empiricism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    In that case I vaguely apologize. I am trying to disagree in a friendly way. Is this thread supposed to be about anything in particular?
    Your confusion nourishes me.

Programming Note:
    1: I largely just mess around with fundy atheists & fundy Christians so don't take anything I say seriously.
    2: I don't bring out my 'A' material because I don't want to rob you of your free will.
    3: Lao Tuz & Trout are probably the only people here that know me well enough to offend me. Ask them for tips if you have aspirations.
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Trout View Post
      What have you guys been doing here since we left? Obviously not studying your Satan bibles.
      I think they've just been viewing the centerfolds.
      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
        Never even heard of them, so it's doubtful they are nearly the kind of threat that Obama and others like him pose.
        You can stop worrying about Obama, C.

It's not like he's letting fish and rodents sign up for health care.

Comment

In that case I vaguely apologize. I am trying to disagree in a friendly way. Is this thread supposed to be about anything in particular?
          Is there an Obamacare plan that covers hurt feelings? Mine came with a free crystal necklace but I don't think it's working.
          The last Christian left at tweb

Comment

Originally posted by Trout View Post
            Mine came with a free crystal necklace but I don't think it's working.
            You have to dip the crystal into the blood of a freshly slain goat to activate it.
            If you have any additional problems, call the help desk using your Obama phone.

Comment

Originally posted by MehGerbil View Post
              Your confusion nourishes me.

Programming Note:
              1: I largely just mess around with fundy atheists & fundy Christians so don't take anything I say seriously.
              2: I don't bring out my 'A' material because I don't want to rob you of your free will.
              3: Lao Tuz & Trout are probably the only people here that know me well enough to offend me. Ask them for tips if you have aspirations.
              Don't ask me for tips, either. The last time I crushed him under my chariot wheels, he resurrected three days later, scratching at the neighbors' doors looking for "brains."

On a brighter note, before that, he wasn't even looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                No, that was their F team.
                More like the U team.
                My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
                  More like the U team.
                  Well, I was thinking of F for Fundy, or Fail, since he seems rather set on both.

Comment

Can you tell the difference between bad weather and God’s tantrum? This bloke can. In the news today – UK Independence Party (UKIP) has suspended an Oxfordshire councillor after he blamed recent flooding on the government's decision to legalise gay marriage.

I predict that God will be getting accustomed to the idea by the summer and will ease off with the stroppiness.
                    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Can you tell the difference between bad weather and God’s tantrum? This bloke can. In the news today – UK Independence Party (UKIP) has suspended an Oxfordshire councillor after he blamed recent flooding on the government's decision to legalise gay marriage.

I predict that God will be getting accustomed to the idea by the summer and will ease off with the stroppiness.
                      So if I post a ridiculous quote from an atheist here would it make some kind of a point?

Comment

Don't you know by now how many out-and-out nutters you get in UKIP! Don't you for example remember the recent "Bong-Bongo-Land" fiasco and expulsion.

Comment

Originally posted by MehGerbil View Post
                          So if I post a ridiculous quote from an atheist here would it make some kind of a point?
                          I thought that was nicely on topic. This story shows that belief in supernatural actors destroys knowledge. A supernatural event cannot be distinguished from a natural one.
                          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

I thought that was nicely on topic. This story shows that belief in supernatural actors destroys knowledge. A supernatural event cannot be distinguished from a natural one.
                            And there's me thinking the flooding was because the British Tory/Lib. Dem. Coalition Government is offending God in the ways indicated in Ezekiel 34 [see http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...version=ESVUK], both as shepherds and as fat sheep.

Or perhaps it's because He's had a bellyful of Melvyn Bragg worshippers, and wants to punish them by depreciating the value of their houses via flooding.

Once one starts off on this sort of rubbish one can get very inventive; and as you imply, who can tell the difference between bad weather and any of these?

My money's on the bad weather.

Please don't troll.

Comment

Most of the branches of science we recognize today where founded by theists who believed that God made all things.
                              They believed they were tracing the handiwork of a great master.

Some people use a belief in God to destroy knowledge.
                              Some people use a belief in God to explore.

Comment

You are not presenting a particularly good case for atheism, or any lack of a deity at all. You are; however, presenting a very good case for why you should be voted loudmouth of the week.
                                A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                                George Bernard Shaw

Comment