Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Revelation of Jesus Christ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
    Is that like an all consuming truth?
    ?????? Nice to see you laugh at yourself. The 'all consuming truth' is obviously out of the reach of fallible human efforts and beliefs for that matter. If you equate remotely what I meant with this then you are experiencing a dysfunctional moment. . . . or maybe 'Did the sarcasm needle meter peg here?'

The fact that supernatural and miraculous events cannot be corroborated or verified by the methods of academic historical methods and Methodological Naturalism is a simple matter definitions of 'supernatural' and the miraculous.' It's like two parallel lines, they will never meet.

The same paradox exists for the foolish efforts of Intelligent Design, and Cosmological Arguments.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-28-2014, 08:36 AM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
      OK
      What that addressed to me?

Do you have a problem clicking on the "Reply With Quote" button?

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        ?????? Nice to see you laugh at yourself. The 'all consuming truth' is obviously out of the reach of fallible human efforts and beliefs for that matter. If you equate remotely what I meant with this then you are experiencing a dysfunctional moment. . . . or maybe 'Did the sarcasm needle meter peg here?'

The fact that supernatural and miraculous events cannot be corroborated or verified by the methods of academic historical methods and Methodological Naturalism is a simple matter definitions of 'supernatural' and the miraculous.' It's like two parallel lines, they will never meet.

The same paradox exists for the foolish efforts of Intelligent Design, and Cosmological Arguments.
        Relax. We were just joking around about your use of the word 'voracity' in a couple of threads when we assume you meant to say 'veracity'. Just a little good natured fun. It's good to be able to laugh at oneself. I do it all the time.
        Last edited by robrecht; 05-28-2014, 01:10 PM.
        βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
        ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment