Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

'Lord’s Prayer opening may be ‘problematic'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

You seem to be one of those who unquestioningly accepts whatever they are shown.
    Unless I see a good reason to doubt it, I will accept it as true. You on the other hand, don't want it to be true so you dismiss it and make up excuses why it isn't genuine.

And as a former graphic designer and video editor, I am pretty good at spotting fakes.

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Yes, you were.

There is a possibility that the videos were created by space aliens too. Or bigfoot.

You seem to be one of those who unquestioningly accepts whatever they are shown.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied

I am not suggesting they are fake.
    Yes, you were.

I am merely noting that the possibility cannot be entirely ruled out for these videos given the emotional investment and a willingness to unquestioningly accept what they are shown/told by many of those who are pro birth.
    There is a possibility that the videos were created by space aliens too. Or bigfoot.

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied

Or the videos could be genuine. You have no evidence of fakery. What you are doing is arguing based on personal incredulity. It is a logical fallacy. You can do better than that.
    I am not suggesting they are fake. I am merely noting that the possibility cannot be entirely ruled out for these videos given the emotional investment and a willingness to unquestioningly accept what they are shown/told by many of those who are pro birth.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    For those with the requisite know-how and software it might be quite easy.

Consider deep fake video.

This is a growing concern for a lot of things that are watched online via Youtube or various websites. How does an individual know if they are being manipulated, particularly if they are emotionally invested in the issue that is being reported?
    Or the videos could be genuine. You have no evidence of fakery. What you are doing is arguing based on personal incredulity. It is a logical fallacy. You can do better than that.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied

That was not my point. How does anyone know that video footage that is found via websites is genuine? Particularly given the polarisation of views on abortion.
    Yeah! How can we be sure men actually landed on the moon? The videos could be faked!

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied

Pretty hard to fake an aborted baby dying on a table. And these are not hollywood actors on these films. It's pretty easy to spot an amateur badly acting. Not to mention there have been several convictions of people for doing that exact thing as I posted links to.

Unless you have some actual evidence that these are fake, all you are doing is arguing a fallacy of incredulity.
    For those with the requisite know-how and software it might be quite easy.

Consider deep fake video.

This is a growing concern for a lot of things that are watched online via Youtube or various websites. How does an individual know if they are being manipulated, particularly if they are emotionally invested in the issue that is being reported?

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I guess the abortion mill operators arrested and convicted for such things in recent years were staged as well.

Maybe you agree with little jimmy that Planned Parenthood in Minnesota doesn't break the necks of babies that survive the attempt to abort them therefore killing them after they were born in spite of video where they say that's exactly what they do.
    That was not my point. How does anyone know that video footage that is found via websites is genuine? Particularly given the polarisation of views on abortion.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

But it does show that even they find it horrific. So maybe their is hope for them after all.
    I'm confident that they will quickly recover from their initial shock and horror and continue to support abortion on demand.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Kind of telling how when shown what takes place "behind the curtain" at some abortion mills that little jimmy and H_A immediately declare it just must be a hoax.

Still, I doubt it would change their mind in the end.
    But it does show that even they find it horrific. So maybe their is hope for them after all.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Pretty hard to fake an aborted baby dying on a table. And these are not hollywood actors on these films. It's pretty easy to spot an amateur badly acting. Not to mention there have been several convictions of people for doing that exact thing as I posted links to.

Unless you have some actual evidence that these are fake, all you are doing is arguing a fallacy of incredulity.
    Kind of telling how when shown what takes place "behind the curtain" at some abortion mills that little jimmy and H_A immediately declare it just must be a hoax.

Still, I doubt it would change their mind in the end.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

How do you know the footage was genuine? Given the emotional opposition by some to abortion per se and with the technology that has become available in recent years, who is to say that what is depicted in these exposť videos is actually real?

Propaganda is not averse to lying.
    I guess the abortion mill operators arrested and convicted for such things in recent years were staged as well.

Maybe you agree with little jimmy that Planned Parenthood in Minnesota doesn't break the necks of babies that survive the attempt to abort them therefore killing them after they were born in spite of video where they say that's exactly what they do.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied

How do you know the footage was genuine? Given the emotional opposition by some to abortion per se and with the technology that has become available in recent years, who is to say that what is depicted in these exposť videos is actually real?

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied

There goes your argument that this sort of thing is just propaganda made up by pro-life organizations. If I recall there was an expose video done a few years ago of what goes on in abortion clinics where they showed babies being left to die on tables after being born alive. This is not an uncommon thing.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Looks like little jimmy has discovered projection.
    Well he isn't the sharpest clown in the drawer.

Leave a comment: