Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Do Christian infants get to Heaven? Do all infants get to Heaven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    The idea that God is everywhere and in everything is not alien to Christianity.
    Rubbish! The Gods (Christian Trinity) are quite separate from you. Not of you.

And you, a Christian!!

And from you:-
    I'm not entirely sure eider really grasps what it is he believes
    And I don't think that you do!
    Last edited by eider; 06-07-2023, 01:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by eider View Post

Rubbish! The Gods (Christian Trinity) are quite separate from you. Not of you.

And you, a Christian!!
      Scripture Verse: Ephesians 4:6

one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

© Copyright Original Source

"and in all."

This is reiterated in Colossians 3:11 where it says that "but Christ is all, and in all."

"and in all" again.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Everything you see, touch, feel, know about...anywhere, everywhere.....is a part of God.
        A God who is completely unaware of you.
        Take a magnifying glass and inspect your little finger for the tiniest hair........ fix your eyes upon that hair and realise that you never knew of its existence ... yet it is part of you.
        In fact you are not familiar with the majority of cells within yourself. The Deity is in a similar position, I believe.
        You and I are part of the whole, but so are the atoms in the table that you sit beside. Everything is part of God and lives, in its own way..
        So is this universe God intelligent and self aware? What does he do?

Comment

Scripture Verse: Ephesians 4:6

one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

© Copyright Original Source

"and in all."

This is reiterated in Colossians 3:11 where it says that "but Christ is all, and in all."

"and in all" again.
          Oh! ..... Paul again!
          I could have guessed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

So is this universe God intelligent and self aware? What does he do?
            I've already explained to you that the wholeness (God) is unaware of us, and (I expect) our star......... we're too small.
            But beyond that I don't have any ideas ..... I'm far too small, but that's ok.

And this universe is probably not 'the whole'; some scientists are already suggesting that this universe might be one of many. This might be bigger than we can imagine.

Comment

I've already explained to you that the wholeness (God) is unaware of us, and (I expect) our star......... we're too small.
              But beyond that I don't have any ideas ..... I'm far too small, but that's ok.

And this universe is probably not 'the whole'; some scientists are already suggesting that this universe might be one of many. This might be bigger than we can imagine.
              I said "self-aware" - is this God an intelligent being? Awake and aware of itself? Or just an inanimate object? Because if it is just an non-conscious object then your version of Deism is no different than regular atheism/materialism. You just gave it a different name.

Comment

Oh! ..... Paul again!
                I could have guessed!
                IOW, once again you're full of... hot air.

ETA: Your buddy would disagree
                Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

The seven authentic epistles are considered to be:

Romans
                I Corinthians
                II Corinthians
                Galatians
                Philippians
                I Thessalonians
                Philemon

Colossians is disputed but much opinion leans to it being deutero-Pauline

Ephesians
                II Thessalonians
                Pastoral epistles [1 & 2 Timothy and Titus] are considered to be deutoro-Pauline.

Well looky there. H_A's list of what are and aren't Paul's letters.
                Last edited by rogue06; 06-08-2023, 09:44 AM.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Oh! ..... Paul again!
                  I could have guessed!
                  Most likely not. This is generally considered to be one of the deutero-Pauline texts.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  The things that you're liable
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life
                  Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I said "self-aware" - is this God an intelligent being? Awake and aware of itself? Or just an inanimate object? Because if it is just an non-conscious object then your version of Deism is no different than regular atheism/materialism. You just gave it a different name.
                    The Deist's Deity is quite unaware of us.......... But I expect that this Deity is quite aware of itself.

You are unaware of that tiny hair on finger or in ear, but yiou are aware of yourself, and so it may be with the whole, the Deity.

Comment

IOW, once again you're full of... hot air.

ETA: Your buddy would disagree

Well looky there. H_A's list of what are and aren't Paul's letters.
                      Duh! Yes! Those (genuine) letters got written by Paul. So Paul wrote some letters!
                      Do you think that makes his word more important than those of Jesus? Apparently you do.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Most likely not. This is generally considered to be one of the deutero-Pauline texts.
                        It made mention of situations existing after Paul's death?

For Historical-Christianity studies I'll guess that all those letters are of extreme importance, but as an Historical-Jesus student I wouldn't bother too much with any of them.

Comment

Duh! Yes! Those (genuine) letters got written by Paul. So Paul wrote some letters!
                          Do you think that makes his word more important than those of Jesus? Apparently you do.......
                          When I said that Christians believe that God is in everything you responded with "Rubbish!" claiming I know nothing about my own religion.

I simply demonstrated that you were again talking out of your nether regions by citing two passages from the NT clearly showing that Christians believe that God is in everything.

Try failing better in the future.

Comment

It's always funny that the people who care the least about what Jesus said complain so much when Christians cite Paul.
                            P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

The Deist's Deity is quite unaware of us.......... But I expect that this Deity is quite aware of itself.

You are unaware of that tiny hair on finger or in ear, but yiou are aware of yourself, and so it may be with the whole, the Deity.
                              Why do you think it even exists rather than just a material universe?

Comment

• Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

It's always funny that the people who care the least about what Jesus said complain so much when Christians cite Paul.
                                What a joke.............apart from mention of last meal and hours Paul never wrote a sentence about anything that Jesus said or did.

Comment