Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Do Christian infants get to Heaven? Do all infants get to Heaven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Esther View Post

Being dead and not being born yet are not the same thing. Iow you were never dead, you were born like the rest of us. There was a starting point to you.
    You have a physical body and an inner man that cannot be seen.
    When your outer man, your body, your earthly tent dies, your inner man does not. It is not made of dust, This inner man is actually the real "you".
    The Bible says that God has placed eternity in the hearts of men. This means there is something in you which yearns for something more than just this physical world and what it offers even at its best.
    Really?
    I have heard that we (and everything around) are made of stardust, made of atoms that were born in giant stars before they exploded and then gathered afterwards to form this star system.
    And afterwards those atoms will be scattered to become part of other things, and other lives.

And that's alright, because we are all tiny fragments of the whole....the universe.

Humans who came to believe that they were more than other creatures........... so arrogant, desperate, frightened of truth...?

Comment

• Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Presumably, if you trust in Jesus, you would obey the teachings of Jesus and Christianity.
      Stop you there! ........ and Christianity?
      I believe that there was a Jesus, but not a God.

Comment

• Originally posted by eider View Post

Really?
        I have heard that we (and everything around) are made of stardust, made of atoms that were born in giant stars before they exploded and then gathered afterwards to form this star system.
        And afterwards those atoms will be scattered to become part of other things, and other lives.

And that's alright, because we are all tiny fragments of the whole....the universe.

Humans who came to believe that they were more than other creatures........... so arrogant, desperate, frightened of truth...?
        You have been listening to old fishwives tales as my girls would say when they were little ,lol. At least I tried to get you to maybe see there is a "you" inside of your body.

Comment

You have been listening to old fishwives tales as my girls would say when they were little ,lol. At least I tried to get you to maybe see there is a "you" inside of your body.
          Stardust? No fishwives tail, Esther.
          Our little hounds can figure things out so well, and our crested duck is a real character. There's 'them' inside their bodies. And then to dust..... blowing in the wind.

Ah, make the most of what we yet may spend,
          Before we too into the Dust Descend;
          Dust into Dust, and under Dust, to lie,
          Sans Wine, sans Song, sans Singer and—sans End!
          ................ Omar Khayyam

Comment

Stop you there! ........ and Christianity?
            I believe that there was a Jesus, but not a God.
            Perhaps you should switch from "deist" to "atheist."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Perhaps you should switch from "deist" to "atheist."
              Duh......... I meant 'Not the Christian God'.

You are part of the Deist God ........... and the chair that you sit upon. Humans have not special position in Deism.

Deists are not Theists.....

Comment

Duh......... I meant 'Not the Christian God'.

You are part of the Deist God ........... and the chair that you sit upon. Humans have not special position in Deism.

Deists are not Theists.....
                If you believe there is a God -- even your "Deist God" -- then you are a theist.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If you believe there is a God -- even your "Deist God" -- then you are a theist.
                  Yup. A quick run through the definitions requires that the god must be an entity: it doesn't seem to allow for pantheism. Eider seems to hold to some sort of pantheistic view of a god.
                  Last edited by tabibito; 06-01-2023, 10:12 AM.
                  1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                  ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                  Scripture before Tradition:
                  but that won't prevent others from
                  taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                  of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

That's really thick, rogue!
                    Look up the definition of Theist..........

Oh dear....... ignorance ahoy!

Comment

No Esther......... I have been learning from scientists who have been figuring out how carbon and all the heavier atoms could be in our solar system when our sun is not hot enough to do more than produce helium from hydrogen. This is junior school physics now....Esther.
                      Everything that you are or is around you was produced by a giant star dying, and the incredible temperatures produced at that time.

As our knowledge increases so our children get the chance to dump the mumbo-jumbo.

Comment

The only difference between theist and deist is that the theist believes that God interferes with the universe and a deist believes he doesn't. He is just a watcher.

But a Deist still believes in God(s). That God created everything.

Comment

Merriam Webster Dictionary:
                          a believer in theism : a person who believes in the existence of a god or gods

Cambridge Dictionary:
                          someone who believes in the existence of a god or gods, especially a god who created the world and who acts to influence events

Dictionary.com:
                          1. a person who believes in the doctrine of theism

2. a person who believes in the existence of God or gods

Vocabulary.com:
                          Use the noun theism to describe the belief in at least one god

According to Cambridge Dictionary, the principle difference is that where theists generally believe that God or gods act to influence events whereas a deist generally don't believe that God or gods act to influence events. But both believe in an existence of God or gods, which is what makes deism a form of theism.

Comment

No Esther......... I have been learning from scientists who have been figuring out how carbon and all the heavier atoms could be in our solar system when our sun is not hot enough to do more than produce helium from hydrogen. This is junior school physics now....Esther.
                            Everything that you are or is around you was produced by a giant star dying, and the incredible temperatures produced at that time.

As our knowledge increases so our children get the chance to dump the mumbo-jumbo.
                            I suggest you start learning from the one who created you, the scientists and all the stars and even calls each one by name eider!

No I can't leave it at that. Look what all Jesus did:

2 [But] in [b]the last of these days He has spoken to us in [the person of a] Son, Whom He appointed Heir and lawful Owner of all things, also by and through Whom He created the worlds and the reaches of space and the ages of time [He made, produced, built, operated, and arranged them in order].

3 He is the sole expression of the glory of God [the Light-being, the [c]out-raying or radiance of the divine], and He is the perfect imprint and very image of [God’s] nature, upholding and maintaining and guiding and propelling the universe by His mighty word of power. Hebrews 1:2-3.

And as glorious as this all is, God cares about every sparrow that has ever fallen:

29 Are not two [j]little sparrows sold for a penny? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground without your Father’s leave (consent) and notice. Matthew 10:29.

Last edited by Esther; 06-02-2023, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

The only difference between theist and deist is that the theist believes that God interferes with the universe and a deist believes he doesn't. He is just a watcher.
                              10/10 You see? Different. I hope rogue sees this.

But a Deist still believes in God(s). That God created everything.
                              No............... That God IS everything.
                              But nothing like yours......

Comment

Hang on............. does that mean that I can take part in all the 'theist only' sections here on Tweb? I need an answer to that.

Comment